Azzi Fudd pulls a Stewie | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd pulls a Stewie

Reaction Score
I think most of us have a pretty strong hunch that Azzi will absolutely walk the walk. And with the rest of the assembled crew I bet they will dance the dance all the way to NC #12, too. Then #13, etc. The sky's the limit for the next few years. And I bet Evina will be glad she decided there was unfinished business to attend to this year and stuck around to join in the dance.

HGN

Reaction Score
Four(4) would be nice but I would settle for half of that. Two(2) sounds great if it starts at the 2022 NCAA's. Undoubtedly the coaching is there , and the talent as well. The only thing missing is the execution.

Four is a Rarity for wcbb....even for some of wcbb's best teams. Only Uconn has ever pulled it off as we know. But if it could happen again the talent on Uconn's 2021-2022 team could certainly do it.

GO HUSKIES !

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Having a goal to win four is nice. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. The first step is to get everyone back to campus healthy, and begin the season with everyone 100% healthy and ready to compete. Everything else will take care of itself. It's an old cliché', but apropos here because that is the way the games will come, take them one at a time. Act like (and convince yourself) the most important game on the schedule is the next one.

Never look ahead. No "trap" games. The most refreshing thing Azzi said was that she has adjusted to practice, and that she is settling in. "There’s no pressure at all — well, yes, there’s pressure — but when it comes to playing, everyone can do basically anything. So if you don’t have a shot, the next person does," she said. She can just come in and play without the expectation of being "The Savior." That being said, I think Azzi (like Paige) will live up to ALL the hype she comes in with. EVERY report or evaluation I've read here in the yard ALL say the same thing, that Azzi IS the real deal!! ;) Personally, I think a back court of Azzi and Paige should scare the hell out of most opposing coaches. You can't game plan to stop just one of them, you must stop them both. Both are capable of putting up a thirty burger on any given night. Especially against teams with a weak perimeter defense. No doubt there will be nights when they put up 40 points between them.

There are going to be games when 1 or 2 players just don't have it that night. Their rhythm and shot is completely off. There are 7 players IMO on this roster that could start. If one or two are having an "off" night, no problem, Geno can sub in the first two players off the bench, and keep the momentum going without skipping a beat. Few teams if any, will be able to field the depth of quality players UConn will.

Foul trouble - should be a dynamic the UConn women will be oblivious to this year. Geno has quality backups at almost every position. Few teams on their schedule can say that. This team should never get bogged down because 1-2 players are in foul trouble.

It's going to be fun friends. The first item on the season's agenda is to "square" things with Arkansas on November 14, when the Razorbacks come to town to help the Huskies crack the seal on the 2021-2022 season. You know the local media is going to hype that game through the roof, as Arkansas was only one of two teams to defeat UConn last year. Remember, the ticket office said earlier this year that they had already sold 1100 NEW season seats for the men's and women's games this season. Sounds like the locals are pumped to see their teams play in person this year. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Four(4) would be nice but I would settle for half of that. Two(2) sounds great if it starts at the 2022 NCAA's. Undoubtedly the coaching is there , and the talent as well. The only thing missing is the execution.

Four is a Rarity for wcbb....even for some of wcbb's best teams. Only Uconn has ever pulled it off as we know. But if it could happen again the talent on Uconn's 2021-2022 team could certainly do it.

GO HUSKIES !
And lets not forget that Paige is eligible for another four years as well. And with NIL being what it is, why wouldn't she stay? She's hinted she will. We'll see.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And lets not forget that Paige is eligible for another four years as well. And with NIL being what it is, why wouldn't she stay? She's hinted she will. We'll see.
Paige could take advantage of the extra year the NCAA gave all players. She could play 4 years with her BFF Azzi. She can still fulfill her dream of winning 4 NC's. There's no hurry to get to the WNBA (it will be there).

She'll make more money that 5th year in college than she would as a first year player in the W. They graduate and walk across the stage together, then go to WNBA draft and become high 1st round draft picks several days later. You can't write a better script than THAT!! :D

Reaction Score
She’s got the talk. Can she walk the walk?

I really think that if there's any big recruit coming to Storrs that doesn't have a goal of four national championships, then they probably aren't the type players that Geno and CD thought they might be when they started recruiting them. Isn't that everyone's top goal, to compete for and win national championships???? That's kind of a DUH

Reaction Score
I really think that if there's any big recruit coming to Storrs that doesn't have a goal of four national championships, then they probably aren't the type players that Geno and CD thought they might be when they started recruiting them. Isn't that everyone's top goal, to compete for and win national championships???? That's kind of a DUH
Absolutely. Can you imagine any recruit coming in and saying, "Well, I'd be extremely thankful to win just one national championship at UConn." Anyone coming in with that attitude should fully expect their butt to be handed to them each and every day as the practice dummy that they volunteered to be until they figure out why everyone else has a water bottle and they don't.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
judging by these posts you would think Wnba pays their players 10 dollars a week? They play 3 months only and a few games and then if you want to make more money internationally you can. Paige has a history of injuries, why would she want to be playing cbb until she's in her mid 20's? I think there needs to be more respect given for women wages in the WNBA. I don't see players like Diggins, Griner, Candace having a problem with their lifestyle. And she also is not going to make her decision based on her friends, it's her life and other friends are not gonna pay her bills if she manages to suffer an injury. I could even see her leaving after three seasons if we're being honest.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
judging by these posts you would think Wnba pays their players 10 dollars a week? They play 3 months only and a few games and then if you want to make more money internationally you can. Paige has a history of injuries, why would she want to be playing cbb until she's in her mid 20's? I think there needs to be more respect given for women wages in the WNBA. I don't see players like Diggins, Griner, Candace having a problem with their lifestyle. And she also is not going to make her decision based on her friends, it's her life and other friends are not gonna pay her bills if she manages to suffer an injury. I could even see her leaving after three seasons if we're being honest.
Paige can get money in any venue. What fuels the best players in the world is playing against the best players in the world.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Those players that you mentioned did indeed supplement their income by playing overseas. The WNBA salaries are getting better, but pale in comparison to what some of them can make over there. This NIL business just started a month ago, so we cannot speculate what will happen to this in the next 3 years. Paige, as well as the other high profile athletes, will do whatever they have to to maximize their opportunities in this venture. Staying, leaving early, only time will tell what what is on the horizon for these players. By the way, as far as I can see, Paige does not have a history with injuries more than any other player in WBB. Ankle surgery this summer to correct a defect is the only injury that I can recall. A sprained ankle LY missing 1 game doesn't count as being prone to injury in my book. She seems very durable to me. ( knock on wood )

Reaction Score
Notice how the playing ball and the earning money have suddenly become almost inseparable in discussions about wcbb. We used to have only the wins (four fingers) upon which to focus, now that's all mingled with the bucks (seven figures). How long a player competes in college conflates with her earning power. She may not stick around for the fun of it but because new rules have made economic sense of it. Dog wagging tail or tail wagging dog?
I have to think that the women have also been very happy to learn that, for some at least (men), making one million dollars a WEEK for years can be expected. Does anyone (man) sign a contract for 4 years for less that 200 mil? Well, the women haven't exactly that to look forward to, but things are definitely headed UP.

Reaction Score
Wanna bet?

Reaction Score
I think most of us have a pretty strong hunch that Azzi will absolutely walk the walk. And with the rest of the assembled crew I bet they will dance the dance all the way to NC #12, too. Then #13, etc. The sky's the limit for the next few years. And I bet Evina will be glad she decided there was unfinished business to attend to this year and stuck around to join in the dance.
I'd love to see our seniors get a chance to celebrate a NC. Especially "Squeeks". I think she's finally got it figured out. Having a difficult time with Liv. I'm hoping she shows something this year. We could see a lot of Dorka. Anyway these kids will be fun to watch!

Reaction Score
Long season-30+ games.
I would caution everyone from just penciling in Elite Eight and thereafter.
There are always injuries and illnesses.
And unforeseen situations.
The sky’s the limit for this group, but expecting 4 NCs is a little “demanding”.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Long season-30+ games.
This is UConn, Stymie. Not only is the FF penciled in, it's written in pen. The NC is a different story.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I'd love to see our seniors get a chance to celebrate a NC. Especially "Squeeks". I think she's finally got it figured out. Having a difficult time with Liv. I'm hoping she shows something this year. We could see a lot of Dorka. Anyway these kids will be fun to watch!
Welcome to the BY. In regards to Liv, she has shown us a lot over the last 3 years, most of what she has shown us has been good. Without her UCONN would not have the record and success they accomplished. No doubt in my mind that she is one of the top 5's playing today, in the top 5 probably defiantly in the top 7. All players have plusses and minuses, and Liv has plenty of plusses. IMO almost every team would jump at the chance to have her. Dorka should even help Liv improve her game, they should be a dynamic duo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Long season-30+ games.
There are always injuries and illnesses.
And unforeseen situations.
The sky’s the limit for this group, but expecting 4 NCs is a little “demanding”.
From the fans perspective? I guess. But keep in mind this was about a the number 1 recruit talking about her expectations for herself.

Reaction Score

GO HUSKIES !
2 teams stand on there way Stanford and S.C.. Both are more than 10 deep and will be for the next few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom