Ayanna | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ayanna

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I'm saying. Amari seems to be a great teammate, but she has not shown to be a factor on the court during her time at UConn.
It depends on which story you believe to be true. One side says she doesn't play her heart out in practice. If that's true, she is not a great teammate. I have no inside info and don't know what to believe, but in the past, Geno has rewarded practice hustle with some PT.

Reaction Score
It depends on which story you believe to be true. One side says she doesn't play her heart out in practice. If that's true, she is not a great teammate. I have no inside info and don't know what to believe, but in the past, Geno has rewarded practice hustle with some PT.
What I meant by being a great teammate is that she seems upbeat on the bench and supportive of her teammates and she is active on social media in a positive way. On the court results speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
Gadzooks !! Talk about hope springing eternal.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Amari seems to be a great teammate, but she has not shown to be a factor on the court during her time at UConn.
That's fine. You guys are arguing with yourselves. It seems to have no reference to me or whatever you think you're quoting from me. Carry on.

Reaction Score
I’m afraid Amari will never make an impact in a meaningful game in a UConn uniform ..

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I’m afraid Amari will never make an impact in a meaningful game in a UConn uniform ..
To quote a line from a very good movie "Never say Never." As of now, Amari is in my mind the last player off the bench, unless a catastrophe of epic proportions were to befall our Huskies. At this point in Amari's college career, it is safe to say her porch light is on but there is no one home.

Reaction Score
If you’re directing that question to me, I didn’t say to put her in the rotation. I said I’d like to see her in the rotation because it would mean she’d put in the effort in practice to convince Geno she could contribute in games. If that turned out to be the case, then we’d have an effective 6’6” post player in our rotation. Are you seriously suggesting this would not help the team???
Of course you are right, then. If she had developed her game to the point where Geno felt comfortable having her in the regular rotation, that would be wonderful. So far, of course, it doesn't look like she did that.

Reaction Score
To quote a line from a very good movie "Never say Never." As of now, Amari is in my mind the last player off the bench, unless a catastrophe of epic proportions were to befall our Huskies. At this point in Amari's college career, it is safe to say her porch light is on but there is no one home.
Like many here in the BY, we are Amari fans and wish her the best, hoping the light will turn on.

Is it possible for the staff to bring in a post player alum to work with her (not sure that's allowed by the NCAA)? Or did that need to happen in the off-season?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Like many here in the BY, we are Amari fans and wish her the best, hoping the light will turn on.

Is it possible for the staff to bring in a post player alum to work with her (not sure that's allowed by the NCAA)? Or did that need to happen in the off-season?
Geno can most defiantly have an alum work with Amari. It appears that she is not without talent, at this point what she lacks is attitude and desire to put her talent to work. I am also thinking that Geno has had past players come in and worked with the team, perhaps someone could work with her attitude. In all honesty I think that there is nothing wrong with Amari as a person, what she has to offer just isn't what UCONN needs, just not a good fit.

Reaction Score
Amari`s performance against Dayton was embarrassing, to her, the team and the fans. I'm really surprised Geno put her in the game if that's her current level of performance.

Reaction Score

Yes, and DeBerry had a chance to learn something this past January. And offseason players and alums can meet up for workouts whenever and wherever they want to schedule it. I'm amazed that more UConn players don't do this.

Reaction Score
I ain't giving up on Amari. I got faith in her. I still think she can and will have an impact on some meaningful games in a UConn uniform. Heck it might come down to that scene in Rudy, where the players all bought their uniforms in one by one, "For Rudy" :)

sun

Reaction Score
Sometimes when one player has a weakness, it gives extra stength to another player.
I thought that when Amari & Ayanna played together that they complemented each other.
It's just like when Azzi is missing her shots & then Q was able to make her shots.
There's a chemistry on the court that's not clearly visible but it can still exist & lead to someone else being productive,
Missed bunnies can result in other tough shots being baskets too.
I guess some fans just don't believe in "the invisible hand."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I ain't giving up on Amari. I got faith in her. I still think she can and will have an impact on some meaningful games in a UConn uniform. Heck it might come down to that scene in Rudy, where the players all bought their uniforms in one by one, "For Rudy" :)

I saw the original movie... and I loved the link to the movie highlights.... GO HUSKIES... "EVERYBODY EATS"... including
all those named "RUDY"!! BEAT Maryland!!

Reaction Score
Geno can most defiantly have an alum work with Amari. It appears that she is not without talent, at this point what she lacks is attitude and desire to put her talent to work. I am also thinking that Geno has had past players come in and worked with the team, perhaps someone could work with her attitude. In all honesty I think that there is nothing wrong with Amari as a person, what she has to offer just isn't what UCONN needs, just not a good fit.
Have Stef work with her!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom