Away Game Plans (Hotels/Temple Bus Trip) | The Boneyard

Away Game Plans (Hotels/Temple Bus Trip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Everyone-
I've had a few requests from people to put this up since we have some advance planners on here.

For hotels, I'm looking at securing group rates in Mizzou and at Tulane. Any others?

For bus trips, Temple is the only close game I'd even think about doing a bus to. If we get enough people for the bus (minimum 30), I'll look to hire someone to do a basic tailgate (burgers/dogs, BYOB) and include it in the cost. Possibly add a hotel block too, depending on the gametime (7pm start will almost require one; maybe even noon unless people are opposed to leaving at around 5:30am from Manchester area).

Let me know your thoughts.
-Ryan
www.cfbtravel.com

Reaction Score
would be in for an overnight trip. Never been to philly. Wanna run the steps with a UConn jersey on. Hopefully this turns our fortunes around with good mojo.

Reaction Score
would be in for an overnight trip. Never been to philly. Wanna run the steps with a UConn jersey on. Hopefully this turns our fortunes around with good mojo.

Thanks for the response- I'm getting hotel quotes this week and will have something up shortly. Ideally I'd like to do a full Temple trip- bus/hotel/tickets and put a group package together for people.

Reaction Score
Hey Everyone-
I've had a few requests from people to put this up since we have some advance planners on here.

For hotels, I'm looking at securing group rates in Mizzou and at Tulane. Any others?

For bus trips, Temple is the only close game I'd even think about doing a bus to. If we get enough people for the bus (minimum 30), I'll look to hire someone to do a basic tailgate (burgers/dogs, BYOB) and include it in the cost. Possibly add a hotel block too, depending on the gametime (7pm start will almost require one; maybe even noon unless people are opposed to leaving at around 5:30am from Manchester area).

-Ryan
www.cfbtravel.com

Suggestion on the Mizzou game. Book a room now. Columbia is a decent sized college town, but good places to stay are kind of limited.

Reaction Score

Hope you are in good running shape as its about 5 1/2 miles from the Linc to the Philly Museum of Art. The local traffic cops don't like people parking on street in front, either. Trust me, I did that in college when I was in Philly for Dad Vail and in really good shape. I think 6 of us sprinted up and down with just enough time to snap a quick pic with a disposable camera and as we piled back into the van, the traffic cop was on top of us writing-up her paper.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Hey Everyone-

-Ryan
www.cfbtravel.com

Were you able to get a group rate for Mizzou? Just looked online but all hotels are booked in the area and have 4 young alumni huskies who just graduated making their first road game trip. Thanks!

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Were you able to get a group rate for Mizzou? Just looked online but all hotels are booked in the area and have 4 young alumni huskies who just graduated making their first road game trip. Thanks!
If nothing comes up on the search sites try the hotels directly. I found stuff by hitting directly..

Drew

Reaction Score
If nothing comes up on the search sites try the hotels directly. I found stuff by hitting directly..

Not sure what you mean, just calling the hotels individually? I did that as well but they claimed they were full

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Not sure what you mean, just calling the hotels individually? I did that as well but they claimed they were full

when I first started, the search sites like Kayak were saying they were full.

Friends found luck by contacting directly. I had like dialing through american express travel to get me a room.

Drew

Reaction Score
Update for those interested in the travel:

My suggestion? Book tonight.

Only thing available in the entire area on September 18 (day before the game) is the Holiday Inn Express in Boonville, MO which is just outside of Columbia (~30 minutes). Solid hotel choice and game is at 11am local time the following day so staying close by seems to be a priority. https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpre...t&modifySearch=bookhotel_bnlmo#roomratestitle

The only thing available in Columbia on game night (Saturday September 19) that you would want to stay at is a suite in the Holiday Inn Executive Center at Columbia Mall. I would suggest jumping on this now if you are considering going. I just booked it, you can reserve it and cancel before August 19 with no charge. Should be pretty easy to fit a ton of people in here and obviously the suite accommodations make it easier to swallow the $800 per night price tag. It's parent's weekend at Mizzou so the hotels in the area are all sold out unless you feel like staying at some questionable joints.

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotel....ic.cp.in.vn.sb.cw.ul.6c&qWch=0&icdv=99629865

My buddies and I just reserved this exact scenario and while it isn't exactly the most convenient method in the world it is the best we can do two months out at this point. Flying into KC/STL is going to run you anywhere between $275-$350 depending on the airport you go out of and flying straight into Columbia is going to run you around $500. We booked our flights straight into Columbia and are going to Uber to the hotels and not worry about traffic/parking/tailgating with a rental car. Probably the method I would suggest for those looking to travel. Columbia is a small enough space too that an Uber/Taxi shouldn't run more than $10-12 a trip.

Reaction Score
Anyone staying at the Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center? We made our reservations just after the game date was announced. Unfortunately it's sold out now.

Drew

Reaction Score
If any Yarders are interested in staying with @agaaaymilkman and myself in the suite please send me a DM. Looking like we'll need to fill 4-6 more slots in our room.

Reaction Score
Hey everyone,

As @Drew has indicated we are either looking for people to split a suite we have reserved or if anyone is looking to add 2 more to their rooms we are open to that as well. We are looking to drive costs down as much as we can in order to be able to make it out to Columbia. Any suggestions or inquiries would be extremely appreciated.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I am really ticked. I had booked 2 nights at The Tiger back in late Nov then cancelled in Feb when I thought I might not be able to go. Looks like I can now but my the options are the cost of a month's worth of mortgage or a murder/suicide room. Unreal...

Drew

Reaction Score
I am really ticked. I had booked 2 nights at The Tiger back in late Nov then cancelled in Feb when I thought I might not be able to go. Looks like I can now but my the options are the cost of a month's worth of mortgage or a murder/suicide room. Unreal...

If you have interest in splitting the large suite room that @agaaaymilkman and myself have booked send me a DM. It's large enough to fit in around 8 or 9 people which would make the room more than affordable.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
If you have interest in splitting the large suite room that @agaaaymilkman and myself have booked send me a DM. It's large enough to fit in around 8 or 9 people which would make the room more than affordable.
Thanks...I need to get a confirm from a friend to see if he is still in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Also for anyone interested in reading the reviews on the other options besides the Holiday Inn in Columbia, I give you the Royal Inn:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ews-Royal_Inn_Columbia-Columbia_Missouri.html

"
“Even if it is free do not I repeat DO NOT stay here!!!!”

x.gif
Reviewed November 14, 2014

Awful experience! Filthy rooms! Dirty diaper on the floor and no heat! And that was the second room we were put in after complaining about the filthy ness of the first room!!! Spend the extra cash and go somewhere else!
"

lol

Drew

Reaction Score
If Temple is happening it is very possible that @agaaaymilkman @Justin M @UcGrkFrk and I will all be in attendance. Has there been any headway made on this trip? If I remember correctly you all did it two years ago and it seemed to be fairly successful.

Reaction Score
Had few people sign up- still need a lot more to make it happen but still early so the more takers the better.

Drew

Reaction Score
Hello BYers! Myself and @Justin M are going to the Temple game and we want to make a massive BY road trip out of it. We think it would be a cool tradition to start, having the BY make a road trip together every year. The date of the game is Saturday, November 28, so if you can come we would love to have you! We realize this is the Saturday after Thanksgiving (and the last game before we host the American Championship game). We would head out on Saturday morning, and return on Sunday. Gametime has not been set yet, but once we know the numbers I will begin to look into the best transportation from a certain area in CT to get everyone to Philly.

If you are interested, please like this post so I can get an idea of the overall numbers. With enough people we can get a block of hotels, and group discounts on things like food for the tailgate and travel. GO HUSKIES! BEAT THE OWLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom