UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Mine dates back to a long thread when Breanna Stewart was at Uconn and someone had the audacity to write that she looked sort of goofy at times on court. I defended the poster from lots of angry fans and used this picture as a defense of the statement - decided it would be a good avitar.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mine is this because I don’t know how to make a different one.

First...
1624572197817.png

Then...

1624572304593.png

Reaction Score
When i moved to Kivalina (AK) i found out the Inupiaq give "eskimo names" to every newby after their first year. Too many naluagmiu (eskimo for a white person) leave Kivalina after a VERY short stay. One new prospective teacher upon landing on the short gravel strip that connects the village with the outside refused to get off the plane. Another lasted one month. I made it for three years, but then transferred to teach at Noatak. Kivalina is a tough place for naluagmius. Early on in my second year teaching in Kivalina i was given the name Quavik - Inupiaq for wolverine. My avatar is an Alaskan quavik. I have used the name off and on for over thirty years now; it's rarely used down here (now living in IL) so it comes in handy to filter out some of the "noise" i encounter sometimes. Didn't mean to write a book here!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I change my avatar from time to time but I have been going with this one for a while now. It is Ryu, one of the characters from the video game Street Fighter II.

My son played that video game often with me back in the early 1990`s and although he was around five years old at the time, he beat me handily almost every time. Despite that awful parenting involving that kind of video game, he has also turned out just fine. The avatar reminds me of those days.

The avatar also projects a macho image that is not at all like me in real life. That`s another reason why I like it.

The "Sun Warrior" title comes from the yoga position of that name. My wife got me interested in yoga about six years ago and I do it regularly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I change my avatar from time to time but I have been going with this one for a while now. It is Ryu, one of the characters from the video game Street Fighter II.

My son played that video game often with me back in the early 1990`s and although he was around five years old at the time, he beat me handily almost every time. Despite that awful parenting involving that kind of video game, he has also turned out just fine. The avatar reminds me of those days.

The avatar also projects a macho image that is not at all like me in real life. That`s another reason why I like it.

The "Sun Warrior" title comes from the yoga position of that name. My wife got me interested in yoga about six years ago and I do it regularly.

Ah.... reminds me of one of my favorite video games back when I played them. I was a Guile fan... that sonic boom and flash kick... woo hoo.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Completed school for massage therapy in 1991.

Always enjoyed syfi/fantasy books. To the point of acquiring a tattoo.

Even before school people were referring to me as having majic hands.

Went with majic hands. Found this drawing of a wizard. Works for me

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When i moved to Kivalina (AK) i found out the Inupiaq give "eskimo names" to every newby after their first year. Too many naluagmiu (eskimo for a white person) leave Kivalina after a VERY short stay. One new prospective teacher upon landing on the short gravel strip that connects the village with the outside refused to get off the plane. Another lasted one month. I made it for three years, but then transferred to teach at Noatak. Kivalina is a tough place for naluagmius. Early on in my second year teaching in Kivalina i was given the name Quavik - Inupiaq for wolverine. My avatar is an Alaskan quavik. I have used the name off and on for over thirty years now; it's rarely used down here (now living in IL) so it comes in handy to filter out some of the "noise" i encounter sometimes. Didn't mean to write a book here!
That’s a great story! Did they ever say why wolverine? Also what made it so challenging for outsiders there?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Showing my age, I grew up reading MAD magazine, cover to cover. You even had to read in the margin for a clever quip. The quote, partially hidden, "What, me worry?" is a semi-veiled reference to some BY posters who seem to worry about everything.
Yes sir! I‘m also a proud disciple of Alfred E. Neuman. Read that magazine in junior high and high school. I think that’s why I’m missed up now. :confused:

Reaction Score
My pic is a naked woman with her back to the camera. She Is part of a beautiful art display.
While I have to agree with you it is also a sad note for myself. My first avatar was Lady Diana's ESPN the magazine cover. Ran with no problem for a year or more and then with no PM or notice I became a question mark. The mods removed my avatar. A world wide magazine cover was not all of a sudden acceptable on this forum.

I moved on to the howling Huskie! As the loudest in any section at any game it fits, and those that may or may not know me do not disagree.
LET'S GO HUSKIES !!!!!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
While I have to agree with you it is also a sad note for myself. My first avatar was Lady Diana's ESPN the magazine cover. Ran with no problem for a year or more and then with no PM or notice I became a question mark. The mods removed my avatar. A world wide magazine cover was not all of a sudden acceptable on this forum.

I moved on to the howling Huskie! As the loudest in any section at any game it fits, and those that may or may not know me do not disagree.
LET'S GO HUSKIES !!!!!

'Graphics disappear all the time. Sometimes because the site they were hosted on removed the graphic, or this site pruned its cache.

Check an old tweet thread. Many now show as not available.

Reaction Score
My avatar (on this board) was inspired by Nan's use of celeb avatars: It's the edification of classic and elegant (everything I'm NOT) Cary Grant.
My avatar on Linked-In is my favorite black cat. Some folks should NOT post their own photos.

Reaction Score
I went with the obvious in going with a generic hoop pic when I set the account up. I kind of like it though. After the next UConn National Championship I'll change it to celebrate the beginning of the latest new era of Huskie domination.

Reaction Score
That is a great story. When I was in college, we had a Nigerian student who had worked for a time as a park ranger at one of the big reserves. He gave me the nickname of "Okapi" although I have no idea why.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom