August recruiting thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

August recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Coco:
Paulina does have swag; something that Niele values. But she's class of 2022; a year that Niele doesn't seem to be recruiting for :rolleyes: (0 commets thus far, but there are a few mutual interests out there). In somewhat seriouness, Ms. Paris/ND never seemed to have any interest in each other.

ND's Jersey interests for now:
  • 2022 Forward Tabitha Amanze, Olivia Miles' teammate at Blair, who is rehabbing an injury (knee?) suffered in June 2021.
  • Hannah Hidalgo (#40 HG), 5'6" PG from Paul VI High School from Haddonfield in southern NJ. Got an ND offer in July 2021. Fast point guard that likes to play "downhill" in full-court games. She joins KK Arnold and Lisa Thompson (Chicago) as 2023 PG's with offers from Niele.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco:
Paulina does have swag; something that Niele values. But she's class of 2022; a year that Niele doesn't seem to be recruiting for :rolleyes: (0 commets thus far, but there are a few mutual interests out there). In somewhat seriouness, Ms. Paris/ND never seemed to have any interest in each other.

ND's Jersey interests for now:
  • 2022 Forward Tabitha Amanze, Olivia Miles' teammate at Blair, who is rehabbing an injury (knee?) suffered in June 2021.
  • Hannah Hidalgo (#40 HG), 5'6" PG from Paul VI High School from Haddonfield in southern NJ. Got an ND offer in July 2021. Fast point guard that likes to play "downhill" in full-court games. She joins KK Arnold and Lisa Thompson (Chicago) as 2023 PG's with offers from Niele.
"Queen" Hannah is going to be a good one, I really like her quicks and on ball defense. Really strong family support system also.

Reaction Score
Being ranked top 60 is mandatory for recruitment by UCONN???? Genuinely asking? Some coaches say they don't believe In Rankings guess Geno is not one

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Being ranked top 60 is mandatory for recruitment by UCONN???? Genuinely asking? Some coaches say they don't believe In Rankings guess Geno is not one
No. Being in top 60 is not mandatory to be recruited by UCONN. Given the stature this program has achieved it is highly unlikely that a player ranked outside the top 60 can effectively make an impact at UCONN. On the current roster Piath was ranked outside the top 60. Geno also doesn't rely on the rankings that are publicly available to you and me to make his decision. He has a network of people/evaluators which he relies . Most importantly he trust his own eye and that of the staff. For example Cierra Toomey was referred to Geno by a former player and Stewie was first referrer to staff by @Tonyc. Geno puts in the work and travel to see the player he is interested in before making offers. If you know of a player that you think is UCONN capable the UCONN staff directory is publicly available with phone numbers for you to leave a message for the staff.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I was able to watch extended videos on 2024 Olivia Olson, WOW! did I say I was impressed, well I was. If I didn't know better .... It was like when I first started watching vid's of Paige. What I saw- super quick, spot on passing, long arms active on offence and defense, accurate shooter-at the rim-pull up-and deep for me the best part she plays at least a half if not a full step faster than anyone else on the floor. A sure POI in my mind anyone else please let me \us know what you think about her. If I have missed previous posts on her, my apologies. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was able to watch extended videos on 2024 Olivia Olson, WOW! did I say I was impressed, well I was. If I didn't know better .... It was like when I first started watching vid's of Paige. What I saw- super quick, spot on passing, long arms active on offence and defense, accurate shooter-at the rim-pull up-and deep for me the best part she plays at least a half if not a full step faster than anyone else on the floor. A sure POI in my mind anyone else please let me \us know what you think about her. If I have missed previous posts on her, my apologies. :)
So Olivia Olson has similar traits to 'Olive Oyl" ;)

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
I would say right at the top. When posting her offers on social media, all the schools were represented by a logo. Except UConn. They were represented by a picture of her in a UConn jersey.
Good point. Very observant

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Practicing for new 1 x 1 event.
In these days and times, it depends on the job being interviewed for. If it’s an entry level corporate job, then yes, professional attire is a must. An entry level job at McDonald’s, meh. At McDonald’s I’d be more concerned and interested in if that person was right for the position, and expressed a willingness to learn, follow instructions and can get to work ON TIME!!

Reaction Score
Skateboard to campus, bring your dog, wear ripped jeans, make 90,000+ a year. Welcome to Google. No more uptight overdressed cubical zombies. These kids are creative and forward thinking. Big tech gets it and gets the most out of them. They are paid well, ripped jeans colored hair, piercings and tattoos! I ain’t mad! I get it. The world is constantly changing. Get on or miss the bus.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was Paige's high school coach's nickname for her.
So Olson plays like PB also? Good Lord! Will anyone ever just be a basketball player? The skills for a good player are all the same. Are we gonna compare every blonde girl to Paige? That’s so unimaginative and unoriginal and too easy.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
So Olson plays like PB also? Good Lord! Will anyone ever just be a basketball player? The skills for a good player are all the same. Are we gonna compare every blonde girl to Paige? That’s so unimaginative and unoriginal and too easy.
What's the problem with a comparison of players? It happens all the time on the BY, it's one of the things that happens to most POI's, it gives others a point of reference. Have you watched Ms Olson play, if so whom would you compare her to? Blond hair, blue hair, pink hair it doesn't matter, IMO her game and highlight videos resemble those posted of Paige when she was at the same age. Sorry if blond slim ballplayer comparisons upsets you, I expect there will be more to follow from other posters. Lastly, do you really think that the skills for a good player are all the same, as you have written?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

So Olivia Olson has similar traits to 'Olive Oyl" ;)

The 'karmic joke' I was (too subtlety alluding to) was Olivia Olson's name reminded me of Olive Oyl which was Paige's early nickname. Add the fact that she is a MN kid and has many game skills like Paige, the fun comparison is a no brainer.

Reaction Score
What's the problem with a comparison of players? It happens all the time on the BY, it's one of the things that happens to most POI's, it gives others a point of reference. Have you watched Ms Olson play, if so whom would you compare her to? Blond hair, blue hair, pink hair it doesn't matter, IMO her game and highlight videos resemble those posted of Paige when she was at the same age. Sorry if blond slim ballplayer comparisons upsets you, I expect there will be more to follow from other posters. Lastly, do you really think that the skills for a good player are all the same, as you have written?
Yes. Depending on position played. It doesn’t upset me, it’s just too easy and typical when there is a new flavor of the month. I don’t think she resembles Paige as a player or person. I think she is a typical good basketball player who will continue to develop her game. Each player brings their own swag, flava, handles etc etc to the game.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score

Ashlynn Shade on Tennessee 1223EE8E-D1C9-43D6-911B-716FDD5756D8.jpeg 894C4787-E662-4AB5-8BAF-0C1B7BE8B0B0.jpeg
Stolen from Volnation forum.
Insert UCONN instead of Tn. and Geno for Harper and we have a much better post. Wish we could put in on the Vol Nation site. :cool:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Yes. Depending on position played. It doesn’t upset me, it’s just too easy and typical when there is a new flavor of the month. I don’t think she resembles Paige as a player or person. I think she is a typical good basketball player who will continue to develop her game. Each player brings their own swag, flava, handles etc etc to the game.
I respect your opinion while I disagree, you either see it or you don't. Either way I will follow her play and see how she progresses.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Insert UCONN instead of Tn. and Geno for Harper and we have a much better post. Wish we could put in on the Vol Nation site. :cool:

UConn

Shade has not visited UConn yet, but hopes to get on campus this fall.

"I like the history behind the school and how competitive their basketball program was and currently still is. I want to play at a high level, so I like that aspect of it."

She talks about her relationships with the coaching staffs for every school but UConn and Stanford. Shea was the lead recruiter for her while Shea was still on the UConn staff so the rest of the staff will now have to establish that relationship. The visit will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom