Auburn AD out and that means what? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Auburn AD out and that means what?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Use your head. Can you imagine the reaction of Auburn people of they hired an AD of third worst program in FBS. You can bet your penny loafers it’s not happening.
There is much you don’t understand

Reaction Score
There is much you don’t understand
Dave is a great AD but he isn’t what Auburn needs. He will make a legacy at UConn and he is personally committed to it. I’ll be deeply disappointed if he changes course. He and his family are all in.

Generational money definitely talks, but Dave will have many opportunities down the road.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Dave is a great AD but he isn’t what Auburn needs. He will make a legacy at UConn and he is personally committed to it. I’ll be deeply disappointed if he changes course. He and his family are all in.

Generational money definitely talks, but Dave will have many opportunities down the road.
What about playful posts people. This thread is intended to be playful. @ZooCougar too dumb to understand that.

Reaction Score
What about playful posts people. This thread is intended to be playful. @ZooCougar too dumb to understand that.
Meh. Maybe he’s just too personally invested to play games right now. I’m pretty fired up too. I want to win tomorrow. Starting to get some knots in my stomach.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
In 2018 Auburn had the opportunity to bring him back and didn't. Not sure AD David Benedict has done anything special that they will seek him out this time. IF Mora does bring us back from the dead, then AD David Benedict becomes a hot commodity

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know there are many who feel losing AD David Benedict would be a good thing but I don't know why. I feel like much of that sentiment comes from the bball side of things. He has taken a football program that is on life support and secured a national TV deal, a Nike continued contract, and hired what will hopefully be a major coup for a head coach in JM. However, he failed with his RE hire and JM needs to succeed. This is just the football aspect. He also helped the soccer/baseball/softball/hockey facilities get massive overhaul. I feel he would be a major loss to this school. Here's to hoping he stays.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I’d say he has made some bold moves and understands the changes to college athletics.definitely think they can do worse
I agree with this. DB seems to understand the current college sports landscape...and he has been aggressive to position UConn well.

I think he has done well with putting together an independent schedule.

Reaction Score
I know they have the money, but DB already makes more than double what they pay at Auburn.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he promised Mora that if Mora took the coaching gig that he (Benedict) would be here for the football build a d that he is a man of his word.

Reaction Score
I’ve heard DB wants to stay and is very happy. However, he and his wife are now empty nesters. We will have to pay him because he’s at the point in his line of work when a big pay day comes. I feel that he’s got a great handle on what makes CT tick and he’s the best qualified to lead us right now.

I’d like to see us keep Dave, Mora and Charlton and show everyone we mean business. Now is the time to bite the bullet and take one last shot at the big time.

This goes beyond football. Connecticut needs to step up and bring back its image as a place to do business, get a good education and make a good living. We can’t keep letting good things leave.

Reaction Score
I’ve heard DB wants to stay and is very happy. However, he and his wife are now empty nesters. We will have to pay him because he’s at the point in his line of work when a big pay day comes. I feel that he’s got a great handle on what makes CT tick and he’s the best qualified to lead us right now.

I’d like to see us keep Dave, Mora and Charlton and show everyone we mean business. Now is the time to bite the bullet and take one last shot at the big time.

This goes beyond football. Connecticut needs to step up and bring back its image as a place to do business, get a good education and make a good living. We can’t keep letting good things leave.
I think turning the football team around will be way easier than changing the State of Connecticut’s image. I think that ship has sailed or sunk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom