Aubrey's surgery successful | The Boneyard

Aubrey's surgery successful

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If it takes a year for recovery she's looking at missing half of next season as well.

Reaction Score
If all goes well she can be back in full (full games, full contact, full everything) in 9 months. Knock on wood.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If Aubrey isn't ready to come back till mid-season, she shouldn't come back at all. As we have seen with Paige, Azzi, and others in the past, first coming back isn't easy, and I might say, a little scary. If Aubrey is looking for a pro career, I would think that she would take the extra time to fully recover, to ensure that she is in top physical condition when she is drafted in April. Sure, she can still work out to get into game shape in practice, but the stopping and starting in game action may not be in her best interest preparing for the next step in her life. I would love to have her back, but whatever she can do to save her future is something she has to consider, like not officially coming back as an active player. I say this with much disappointment, but whatever is best for Aubrey is all that matters.

Reaction Score
According to Daniel Connolly of UConn WBB Weekly, Aubrey had surgery last Monday to repair her YKW, and is doing well. Thus why she was behind the bench with crutches.
It's depressing to write this, but surgeons doing ACL operations have had plenty of experience in perfecting their technique.

Reaction Score
It's depressing to write this, but surgeons doing ACL operations have had plenty of experience in perfecting their technique.
It won't be long until they repair them before they fail in the first place.

Reaction Score
It won't be long until they repair them before they fail in the first place.
Surprised that the endochronic properties of resublimated Thiotimoline haven't been applied to this purpose a long time ago. Another example of how Geno and his staff just aren't keeping up with modern technology. It's silly to wait for the injuries to happen when a simple telechronic battery (as described by Asimov et al) could be employed to make such pre-repairs trivial.

Reaction Score
A successful surgery is important, but an effective rehab is also important, and some re-injuries happen because the rehab wasn't completed effectively. In hindsight, it looks like Paige's rehab from her sophomore injury allowed her to return for the tournament -- and what she did there was simply heroic -- but it may have contributed to the subsequent injury the following summer. She appears to have learned a lot the hard way from that experience and devoted herself much more fully to her rehab and to reworking the basics of her stride and all her movements to prevent a reinjury. I hope she's passed on that hard earned wisdom to Azzi Aubrey Ice and Jana.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Many decisions to be made this Spring... including between April 17th and May 15th.
Aubrey will make the best one for her future plans (I'm confident for her!)
Don't understand your post. If Aubrey is going to declare for the WNBA draft, she would have to do that well before the 17th. If you are suggesting entering the portal, that's a big NO NO here!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hey y'all - I was just trying to provide an update that was in the newsletter I received late yesterday, and vacillated for quite a bit before I posted, as I was worried that this would turn into a discussion/debate on Aubrey's status for next year, medical perspectives, etc. It was simply a quote from CD in her postgame radio interview.

Reaction Score
I assume they said Azzi's surgeries were successful too........you really don't know how successful surgeries are until the player returns to the court and doesn't get reinjured.....:(

Don’t remember where I read it, but I remember seeing that Azzi was ahead of schedule.

Reaction Score
If Aubrey isn't ready to come back till mid-season, she shouldn't come back at all. As we have seen with Paige, Azzi, and others in the past, first coming back isn't easy, and I might say, a little scary. If Aubrey is looking for a pro career, I would think that she would take the extra time to fully recover, to ensure that she is in top physical condition when she is drafted in April. Sure, she can still work out to get into game shape in practice, but the stopping and starting in game action may not be in her best interest preparing for the next step in her life. I would love to have her back, but whatever she can do to save her future is something she has to consider, like not officially coming back as an active player. I say this with much disappointment, but whatever is best for Aubrey is all that matters.
Seems this is a better case for her coming back than not. It seems it would be much more beneficial for Aubrey to be able to come back in a more comfortable environment with all the rehab and amenities of a college program and team than going it alone. Having a chance to slowly come back at UConn, where she will have a national stage to be seen by scouts in the WNBA when she's healthy, is much better situation than going pro-injured and having no support or opportunity to reintroduce yourself once you are healthy.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Hey y'all - I was just trying to provide an update that was in the newsletter I received late yesterday, and vacillated for quite a bit before I posted, as I was worried that this would turn into a discussion/debate on Aubrey's status for next year, medical perspectives, etc. It was simply a quote from CD in her postgame radio interview.
Well, it's the BY, so...:):rolleyes:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Seems this is a better case for her coming back than not. It seems it would be much more beneficial for Aubrey to be able to come back in a more comfortable environment with all the rehab and amenities of a college program and team than going it alone. Having a chance to slowly come back at UConn, where she will have a national stage to be seen by scouts in the WNBA when she's healthy, is much better situation than going pro-injured and having no support or opportunity to reintroduce yourself once you are healthy.
I hope you understand that I was talking about next year. Her rehab would be at UConn and any workouts or practices would be at UConn. I'm saying that since that happened just last week, I would hope she would not try to rush back just so she could play here again. That would be her choice, just saying the longer she rehabs the better her knee will heal. The draft is in April so I would think she really wants to be sure she is completely healed. If she wants to play here again, I will be so for it, just saying it may be a difficult decision.

Reactions: sun
Reaction Score
Don't understand your post. If Aubrey is going to declare for the WNBA draft, she would have to do that well before the 17th. If you are suggesting entering the portal, that's a big NO NO here!
I'm sorry about being mysterious. The too subtle implication was that I was
anticipating the Spring signing period for incoming Freshman, the H.S. class
of 2024. I hope that Sarah Strong will sign her commitment letter to UCONN - " between
April 17th and May 15th"(the next official signing period).

Reaction Score
Doctors told Paige to be certain (if that is possible) you must rehab over 1 year! She waited 14 months!

Reaction Score
Surprised that the endochronic properties of resublimated Thiotimoline haven't been applied to this purpose a long time ago. Another example of how Geno and his staff just aren't keeping up with modern technology. It's silly to wait for the injuries to happen when a simple telechronic battery (as described by Asimov et al) could be employed to make such pre-repairs trivial.
Can anyone be surprised that the UConn training staff haven't tried Isaac Asimov's famous discovery of fourth dimension theotimoline crystals?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom