OT: - Aubrey's Dad | The Boneyard

OT: Aubrey's Dad

Reaction Score
Per the article Buck's D was 4th in the league last year and is at 22nd so far this year. And they gave up 141 and 122 points in back to back games against the Pistons, a historically bad team. True, Adrian didn't get much of a chance to prove himself, but his players lack of D skills and you can't fire them all so....the coach pays the tab. Sorry for Adrian but head coaching jobs are tenuous at best. He'll probably end up as an assistant somewhere and hopefully get another head coaching job down the road.

Reaction Score
Wow. They didn't give him much of a chance.

Kind of saw it coming. There was no way he was going to be able to control a team with Giannis and Lillard on it making almost $90M between them. Plus Giannis demands a roster spot for his brother who’s a stiff. The Bucks did Adrian’s mental health a favor.

Reaction Score
It’s a star driven league. Unfortunately there aren’t many executives out there like Pat Riley who can provide the leadership to have young or inexperienced coaches (Eric Spoelstra) have the time to develop and grow. Even Leveen couldn’t get Eric fired. Now there’s not one individual out there that knows basketball who doesn’t think Eric S. Is a great coach.

Unfortunately this is the sports world we live in

Reaction Score
It’s a star driven league. Unfortunately there aren’t many executives out there like Pat Riley who can provide the leadership to have young or inexperienced coaches (Eric Spoelstra) have the time to develop and grow. Even Leveen couldn’t get Eric fired. Now there’s not one individual out there that knows basketball who doesn’t think Eric S. Is a great coach.

Unfortunately this is the sports world we live in
meant to write Lebron

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Per the article Buck's D was 4th in the league last year and is at 22nd so far this year. And they gave up 141 and 122 points in back to back games against the Pistons, a historically bad team. True, Adrian didn't get much of a chance to prove himself, but his players lack of D skills and you can't fire them all so....the coach pays the tab. Sorry for Adrian but head coaching jobs are tenuous at best. He'll probably end up as an assistant somewhere and hopefully get another head coaching job down the road.
Let’s not cherry pick. Scoring is up throughout the NBA. The Bucks beat the Pistons in back to back games. They are tied for the 2nd best record in the NBA, behind only the Boston Celtics, a team the Bucks beat by 33 pts the last time they played each other.

Frankly, the Bucks firing Adrian Griffin just sucks. But Griffin is a survivor. He’s made more stops than UPS throughout his career as a player and coach. He will have another job soon. I would hope that he will also get another opportunity to prove himself as a HC in the NBA.

Between Aubrey’s injury and Adrian getting fired, it’s been a tough couple weeks for the Griffin family.

Reaction Score
Let’s not cherry pick. Scoring is up throughout the NBA. The Bucks beat the Pistons in back to back games. They are tied for the 2nd best record in the NBA, behind only the Boston Celtics, a team the Bucks beat by 33 pts the last time they played each other.

Frankly, the Bucks firing Adrian Griffin just sucks. But Griffin is a survivor. He’s made more stops than UPS throughout his career as a player and coach. He will have another job soon. I would hope that he will also get another opportunity to prove himself as a HC in the NBA.

Between Aubrey’s injury and Adrian getting fired, it’s been a tough couple weeks for the Griffin family.

They also traded away their best defender.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
My hypothesis is that the Bucks were not dissatisfied with Coach Griffin, but saw a chance to hire a celebrity coach -- Doc Rivers. They probably viewed that as an opportunity that they could not pass up, and that might not last long -- Coach Rivers would quickly get another head coaching job. So Aubrey's father had to be viewed as expendable to take advantage of this opportunity.

Note that Doc Rivers has already been offered and has accepted the Bucks HC job.

KCD

Reaction Score
Don't blame this on Giannis. This is all on the Bucks organization. Giannis is not LeBron.

KCD

Reaction Score
Kind of saw it coming. There was no way he was going to be able to control a team with Giannis and Lillard on it making almost $90M between them. Plus Giannis demands a roster spot for his brother who’s a stiff. The Bucks did Adrian’s mental health a favor.
I'm a Bucks fan and from everything that I've seen and heard Giannis and Dame get/got along with Adrian pretty well. They liked the idea of him being a former player and related well with him. Don't blame this on Giannis or Dame. Blame it on the Bucks management who hired him and made the decision to fire him. Giannis is not like any other superstar that I know of today. I equate him more to the old school players of the 90s. He is an honest, hard working player that gives his all for his team and his community. Don't put your biases (from other superstars of today - which I would agree with) on Giannis when he doesn't deserve them. As far Thanassis (Giannis's brother) is concerned, he certainly is not a stiff as you call him. I take great offense to him being called that. He is actually a decent player. There are fifteen players on the roster and he is probably the 10th or 11th. He has actually played some really key minutes for the team. You should really not spew garbage when you don't know what you are talking about.

I've known about/followed Adrian Griffin since he was in college. I was really excited to find out that Aubrey was Adrian's daughter. I was also excited to find out he was going to be the bucks coach. It sucks that he was fired. But quit blaming it on those that don't deserve the blame. The Bucks organization hired and fired. Period.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Adrian Griffin finally commented on being fired as the Bucks HC today:

I appreciate the opportunity the Bucks gave me. You can’t control everything. I feel good about the job we did. I appreciate my coaching staff for all their hard work.

Adrian Griffin is a class act. I expect he’ll be back at work with another NBA team as soon as he wants.

Reaction Score
The main reason for the Bucks significant drop in defense is that they traded away Jrue Holiday, their best defender, in the Lillard trade, and Lillard does not play D.

It is totally classless to fire a coach in his first season after only a half season and who has an impressive record of 30-13.... Here's hoping the Bucks have a very unsuccessful season and if they are hiring Doc Rivers, they most assuredly will...

Reaction Score
Regardless of spin, getting fired at 30-13 is a pretty raw deal.
Yes, kind of rough considering the Bucks are tied for the second best record in the NBA.......I sat next to their owner Wes Edens at the Knicks Bucks game on Christmas day, and he had only good things to say about his coach..........BTW he was well aware of Aubrey and the UConn program and quite complimentary........

Reaction Score
The main reason for the Bucks significant drop in defense is that they traded away Jrue Holiday, their best defender, in the Lillard trade, and Lillard does not play D.

It is totally classless to fire a coach in his first season after only a half season and who has an impressive record of 30-13.... Here's hoping the Bucks have a very unsuccessful season and if they are hiring Doc Rivers, they most assuredly will...
So true about Jrue; when the trade was made I thought it wasn't a good deal for the Bucks. I am glad he ended up with the Celtics. He fits really well with them.

Classless? For sure. Surprising? Not really. I expect Doc Rivers will have a longer leash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom