Aubrey Griffin Scouting Report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin Scouting Report

Reaction Score
Hold on. So the team will expect Aubrey Griffin to start because she was a McDonald’s All-American? But they won’t expect Coombs, a McDonald’s All-American, a Jordan Brand All-American, and a former top-15 recruit to start.

To say you think Griffin will start is one thing, but to say it because of her “AA Status” when we have Coombs, who was regarded much higher, sitting on the bench doesn’t make much sense.
Thanks. Add too that: This will be Coombs 3th year under Geno. She works hard plays, IMO, the best defense on the team, makes superb passes to the shooter at the right time and place. Her fault is: Her shot is a notch off, rushed, that can be corrected and is not uncommon in players who want to speed up their game.. Great shooter/attackers see things in slow motion --I think Coombs sees things in triple speed.
We must admit, if all stated is true about, Aubrey she may be a asset that is needed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Geno would prefer freshman to come off the bench to observe and to earn the starting position. (If things are 'fairly' level). Not sure the 5th starter and it might be variable depending on opponent matchups / practice performance etc.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I won't go as far as Jingo, but I'm a big Aubrey Griffin supporter. I don't see her as our leading scorer next season. That will be Christyn or Megan. But I still see her as a starter. That could change based on Mikayla's progress (she did look good in the AAC tourney) or our success in obtaining a European player.

Aubrey was born to play with Crystal Dangerfield.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Add too that: This will be Coombs 3th year under Geno. She works hard plays, IMO, the best defense on the team, makes superb passes to the shooter at the right time and place. Her fault is: Her shot is a notch off, rushed, that can be corrected and is not uncommon in players who want to speed up their game.. Great shooter/attackers see things in slow motion --I think Coombs sees things in triple speed.
We must admit, if all stated is true about, Aubrey she may be a asset that is needed.
Louisville’s Dana Evans jumped from 22% from 3 as a freshman to 39% as a sophomore. She is a relatively similar player to Coombs, IMO. If Evans was able to make that jump, no reason to think Coombs can’t make a similar jump under the UConn staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom