Aubrey Griffin, part trois | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin, part trois

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Listen to his interview.

The best way to prevent penetration and the need for a center to cover for said penetration is to stop the penetration from the start. Geno may have some strategy to make up for poor perimeter defense, but it isn't with additional poor perimeter defense.

Reaction Score
Having a ball watching Aubrey...the natural. If she can consistently hit 3’s, she’s a revelation.

Meg has become a serious AA...serious as a heart attack. She’s my cookie cutter for an athlete that takes control of her destiny. So many don’t...

Nobody has more upside than Olivia. If she stays on her current arc, she’ll be another revelation. If she gets Meg level serious, well that’s just scary...and cool.

Christyn is a hard read. She is uber talented, and has the ability to take over any game. She’s also a sweet spirit who defers naturally. At some point I see her realizing she can’t wait until the fat’s in the fire to turn it up...I want to be there when it happens.

Danger is a constant...defense, penetration, the 3, b-ball IQ...I hope she’s healthy for the deep tourney run she was made for...

I look at Ania and I see a very dominant player that needs to let the game slow down a bit mentally. I expect her offense to come on strong...unlimited range and finishing ability. Needs to prove she can stay in front of faster players...gets beat off the dribble a bunch.

Kayla assisting and popping 3’s like a natural. She’s a solid contributor now, and I probably don’t appreciate her intangibles. Heady...

Molly...bring it girl, Danger needs you and you can do it.

If our two power forwards can get into the mix, I see one of the most interesting tourney runs we’ve had in years. Edge of your seat stuff...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
So tell me why she isn't the fifth starter against Notre Dame and for the remainder of the season?

Hasn't she earned it now?
Team chemistry, the need for a defensive stopper of the bench. The need for an offensive spark off the bench. The belief that a freshman needs to see the tone of the game and understand their objectives. The stability of the offensive flow provided by Kyla. AAAAND it is one game. (maybe :))

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that that new class next year will also likely include Evina. 3 of the 6 players (Paige, Aaliyah & Evina) will contend for a starting spot as Freshmen. Nika is not coming all the way to UCONN to be a spectator and Piath is the only other post presence on a team in which ONO is foul prone. In sum the UCONN rotation of players next year could be as deep as 11 unless someone can tell me who is not going to earn minutes.
I don't see Piath getting anything but mop up minutes the first year. at 6'3" and athletic Aaliyah can fill in in the post most times.

HGN

Reaction Score
@Geew1992 it's more of a work in progress. But she hits one from time to time. No real consistency yet though. But the threat of it opens up lanes to drive to the basket.... (A la Gabby).

Which is not a bad thing because she's in good position to rebound if she misses. But her outside shot will come around. And when it does , look out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Many posters singing praises for Ania..I want to also but I'm not there yet...maybe by March..hopefully

Reaction Score
Many posters singing praises for Ania..I want to also but I'm not there yet...maybe by March..hopefully

I can see natural and innate ability in Ania, to me she's just going to keep improving her game as she calms down. Love her attitude. Now Aubrey, I'm off the charts happy because she's been my prime focus since she signed. I immediately started watching some of her highlight videos from High School and became enamored with her. Watching these two the remainder of the year (along with the rest of the team of course) should prove to be a delight. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom