Attendance Saturday vs Buffalo | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Attendance Saturday vs Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
Please BEAT Buffalo... I'd like to face an opponent with a winning record come game time for once...

how-often-to-pray.jpg

Reaction Score
Still remember the USF game when the clouds opened up and it poured. Crowd started cheering basically saying 'bring it on!' Every game that year it rained it seemed.

Biggest win for us over a ranked team, I remember that game like it was yesterday. I think the L'ville fans still have nightmares about the "fair catch" game that season. Again, a rain soaked tailgating affair. That was a fun season!

Reaction Score
I agree that this is the least interesting home game in the Rentschler era.

You're dead wrong here. It's tied for least interesting game with every other time we've played Buffalo. Before Temple moved to the BE, I think if we alternated games against Temple, UMass and Buffalo, one game a year it'd be fine, but here we are playing all three of them in the same season. The problem is that now that all of the "Big Five" conferences have expanded their conference schedules they have even fewer OOC slots available. I agree with you about scheduling bigger OOC games, but I think UConn would love to be scheduling big games but logistically it's very difficult. We're lucky that we have a few big names in the next few years, but I think it'll be harder to get those games down the road.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're dead wrong here. It's tied for least interesting game with every other time we've played Buffalo. Before Temple moved to the BE, I think if we alternated games against Temple, UMass and Buffalo, one game a year it'd be fine, but here we are playing all three of them in the same season. The problem is that now that all of the "Big Five" conferences have expanded their conference schedules they have even fewer OOC slots available. I agree with you about scheduling bigger OOC games, but I think UConn would love to be scheduling big games but logistically it's very difficult. We're lucky that we have a few big names in the next few years, but I think it'll be harder to get those games down the road.

I think people are dead wrong to kill UConn as badly as they do on the schedule. I have defended them some because having 5 OOC games is nearly impossible to fill, and Sun Belt teams are getting almost a million dollars to go on the road. I am fine with 2 MAC teams if there is no FCS team. It's just awful to look at the schedule and when you want something big to happen to change the course of the season and it's frigging Buffalo coming to town. At least mix up the MAC teams - Buffalo is just stale.

Reaction Score
I'll be there from kickoff to the final gun, but I can't blame those who don't go on Saturday.

Reaction Score
I think people are dead wrong to kill UConn as badly as they do on the schedule. I have defended them some because having 5 OOC games is nearly impossible to fill, and Sun Belt teams are getting almost a million dollars to go on the road. I am fine with 2 MAC teams if there is no FCS team. It's just awful to look at the schedule and when you want something big to happen to change the course of the season and it's frigging Buffalo coming to town. At least mix up the MAC teams - Buffalo is just stale.

I think the last line says a lot. We play them nearly every year and there hasn't been one competitive game. We even played them in a bowl. It is scheduled like we have a rivalry with them when one doesn't exist.

WMU on the other hand has beat us twice and I would have no issue with continuing to schedule them. Because at least the outcome of the game is in doubt.

This is why many people don't go to WBB games unless it is a good opponent. When the outcome isn't in doubt what are you watching?

And of course we could argue that it might be in doubt this year, but it isn't because Buffalo is great. It is because we are mediocre. Just doesn't add up to excitement.

Reaction Score
I think the last line says a lot. We play them nearly every year and there hasn't been one competitive game. We even played them in a bowl. It is scheduled like we have a rivalry with them when one doesn't exist.

WMU on the other hand has beat us twice and I would have no issue with continuing to schedule them. Because at least the outcome of the game is in doubt.

This is why many people don't go to WBB games unless it is a good opponent. When the outcome isn't in doubt what are you watching?

And of course we could argue that it might be in doubt this year, but it isn't because Buffalo is great. It is because we are mediocre. Just doesn't add up to excitement.

There's about a dozen MAC teams and a lot of them are in Ohio, so I don't see the problem with playing home and homes against them. Ohio's always been recruiting territory so exposure there can't hurt. Why not schedule games against Toledo, Bowling Green, Miami(OH), etc? Some of those teams I'd be pretty excited to see, but we can't because we've been stuck in a never ending series against Buffalo. Hopefully our playing Buffalo all the time is indicative of how good Warde is at scheduling opponents.

Reaction Score
I believe we signed a 10-year deal with Buffalo under Hathatway. At the time it was billed as a good way to line up an 8th "conference game" And I htink there was hope that they would grwo as a program, not to Big East levels, but at least to high MAC. We also did a long term deal, maybe 6 or 7 games, with Temple. I was particularly fosted that they were both Home and home deals. I didn't get either of those deals. I'm with you, alternate Buffalo/UMass/Army maybe going forward. Gives us a regional opponent. But please not all 3 in the same season. Playing Buffalo and Temple was awful. Hard games to get up for for both the fans and the team. I think the Buffalo deal ends next year with us going to UB.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Fordham

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'll be there and I'm not going to obsess over who isn't.

There it is!!!!

A wiser man than me once said, "Wasting time on things you can't control takes time away from that which you can control (Or something to that effect)."

...and a wiser man than he once said, "Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes...well...the bar eats you." - The Stranger, The Big Lebowski

Reaction Score
I believe we signed a 10-year deal with Buffalo under Hathatway. At the time it was billed as a good way to line up an 8th "conference game" And I htink there was hope that they would grwo as a program, not to Big East levels, but at least to high MAC. We also did a long term deal, maybe 6 or 7 games, with Temple. I was particularly fosted that they were both Home and home deals. I didn't get either of those deals. I'm with you, alternate Buffalo/UMass/Army maybe going forward. Gives us a regional opponent. But please not all 3 in the same season. Playing Buffalo and Temple was awful. Hard games to get up for for both the fans and the team. I think the Buffalo deal ends next year with us going to UB.

Gosh this was so not what the original vision of the upgrade (to D1) was. It was all about UConn v Boston College, UConn v Syracuse, UConn v Miami, UConn v Virginia Tech, and on and on. Temple (thought the Big East let go of them for a reason)? Buffalo? UMass (thought we left them back in the CAA)? All three on the schedule in the same year? Wow, don't think that was the vision that Lew Perkins and others had.

Reaction Score
Sounds like plenty of MAC teams will be available for the underachievers to yearn for...

Rusty Miller ‏@rustymillerap
AP: #OhioState AD says he may stop skedding #MAC teams to bolster strength of sked for new 4-team playoff in FBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom