Attendance Saturday vs Buffalo | The Boneyard

Attendance Saturday vs Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Guess the attendance for Saturdays game ... I'm saying just under 20K perhaps the emptiest we have seen the rent since going FBS ...

Contributing Factors:

1) crappy boring offense that puts people to sleep

2) coming off 5-7 season

3) losing to a Mac team second year in a row

4) conference realignment loss of AQ

5) .500 (2-2)

6) Rain / crappy weather

7) noon start (night games seem to draw more

8) crappy less than exciting opponent

9) it's CT

10) again have you seen that offense? BORING.... Defense wins games (kinda) ... Offense sells tickets

Uconn needs to beat Rutgers if it's going to generate any buzz... Then again enthusiasm for big east is like uconn football... At an all time low. Who here thinks attendance will be greater than 20K?

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure there were more then 20,000 season tickets sold so even if some don't show up it will still count towards the attendance.

Reaction Score
well - i know i'll be there, in my regular seats, with 3 others. we'll be there for the whole game and be cheering the whole time. i guess that's a start.

Reaction Score
We are probably a one-off but our group has had lot's of interest in this game from our non-season ticket holder friends. Lots of people looking for tickets to this game and Homecoming. The next two games will easily be our biggest tailgates of the season.

No clue why.

Reaction Score
We are probably a one-off but our group has had lot's of interest in this game from our non-season ticket holder friends. Lots of people looking for tickets to this game and Homecoming. The next two games will easily be our biggest tailgates of the season.

No clue why.

Agreed - I don't get the buzz around this game - wish people were interested in coming to see NC State...

I don't get CT whatsoever - apparently fairs are more important than a football game - who knew????

Reaction Score
Rain or shine, the coachcap crew will represent. We didn't spend money on 10 ducats on the 3 year plan for them to go to waste. What's better than tailgating & a football game on a Saturday? Yardwork? It'll be there on Sunday.

Reaction Score
duck that!

I'll be there having a great time and enjoying my favorite football team. Fairweathers will stay home. All fanbases have plenty of them.

+1...and IMO most loyal fans come to the games, because they really care about the team and want to show their support. They don't need to get into the nats details of offensive and defensive schemes or that either one is boring - whatever that means; what conference their opponent is from - much less care; still have great hopes for 10 - 2 season and a post-season bowl game; couldn't define what AQ means; will probably bring a poncho if rain is a possibility; wouldn't describe any opponent as crappy until after the game is played and it's warranted; or know about the Boneyard or if they do probably don't buy into some of the things said like which is a good thing considering some of what I've read seems to suggest this season's already a wash.

A football game is an event. It's where true Husky football fans come together to spend time with like-minded people who support their team even in the face of (sometimes contrived) adversity and always think their team will win.

Yes, attendance will be greater than 20K...and that's BIS.

F

fortebleedsblue

Guess the attendance for Saturdays game ... I'm saying just under 20K perhaps the emptiest we have seen the rent since going FBS ...

Contributing Factors:

2) coming off 5-7 season

5) .500 (2-2)

6) Rain / crappy weather

9) it's CT

10) again have you seen that offense? BORING.... Defense wins games (kinda) ... Offense sells tickets

Uconn needs to beat Rutgers if it's going to generate any buzz... Then again enthusiasm for big east is like uconn football... At an all time low. Who here thinks attendance will be greater than 20K?

11. The hot 93.7 DJ

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
DJ- I hope you are working on a solid pump-up thread for this game. I don't want to blame last weeks loss on ya but the boys were a little flat...

Biggest reason people will stay away is rain. It's like people melt or something. Some of the most fun games I've been to were all those rain games a couple of seasons ago...!

Reaction Score
DJ- I hope you are working on a solid pump-up thread for this game. I don't want to blame last weeks loss on ya but the boys were a little flat...

Biggest reason people will stay away is rain. It's like people melt or something. Some of the most fun games I've been to were all those rain games a couple of seasons ago...!

Still remember the USF game when the clouds opened up and it poured. Crowd started cheering basically saying 'bring it on!' Every game that year it rained it seemed.

Reaction Score
I am flying up Friday and looking very forward to good times, friends , tailgaiting and the game!!

Reaction Score

Contributing Factors:

2) coming off 5-7 season

5) .500 (2-2)

6) Rain / crappy weather

9) it's CT

I have been a season ticket holder since the rent opened and my crew of 8 this year all decided to give up their tickets for many of the reasons above. We all attended the NC state game this year and maybe will do cincy/pitt. My crew, which has no ties to the university, but all CT residents, want to watch some good college football and were tired of RE and HCPP broke the camels back. The crew is tired of seeing Buffalo on the schedule. The crew decided to pick different bars to watch what they call "real college football games” in lieu of Uconn games. I am caught in the middle. I enjoy the rent, but tired of the programs direction and conference affiliation. Not capitalizing on the BCS bowl really bothers me. So at this point, a few games a year is where my crew stands and I am sure that many people that have season tickets that are not Alumni will be falling quickly, without an offence, loosing to MAC teams, and not being considered to be in the big 5 conferences is huge impact on this once hopeful up and coming program.

Reaction Score
I have been a season ticket holder since the rent opened and my crew of 8 this year all decided to give up their tickets for many of the reasons above. We all attended the NC state game this year and maybe will do cincy/pitt. My crew, which has no ties to the university, but all CT residents, want to watch some good college football and were tired of RE and HCPP broke the camels back. The crew is tired of seeing Buffalo on the schedule. The crew decided to pick different bars to watch what they call "real college football games” in lieu of Uconn games. I am caught in the middle. I enjoy the rent, but tired of the programs direction and conference affiliation. Not capitalizing on the BCS bowl really bothers me. So at this point, a few games a year is where my crew stands and I am sure that many people that have season tickets that are not Alumni will be falling quickly, without an offence, loosing to MAC teams, and not being considered to be in the big 5 conferences is huge impact on this once hopeful up and coming program.
Those should be the reasons u keep your season tickets

Reaction Score

I have 12 season tickets and have since the Rent opened. Almost impossible for me to get peoplke to go and this week, I had a group fo ten which is now four after people saw the weather. Most of the 10 were kids under 10 years old and no one wants to deal with them and the weather. The program has lost some of the casual fan already with the play on the field and the headlines off the field about the Big East. The bigger problem is that the fan base has shrunk despite 70k people who have graduated UConn since the rent opened. I mean that is remarkable. you've had 5 classes of kids who had FBS football their entire UConn careers and yet the seaosn ticket base has declined each of the past few years.

Reaction Score
I think 20K is way too pessimistic, but given the weather forecast anything over 25K will be gravy. can we borrow Jacksonville's tarps to cover the upper corner sections for this game?
But I will be there in raingear. Once you adapt it's actually fun, like Louisville and USF in 07. Sadly that puts me in a very small minority in CT.

Reaction Score
I am convinced that Forte was in the French military circa 1939 in a past life.

Reaction Score

Contributing Factors:

The majority of our "fan" base wouldn't even know what this means. I know it sucks, but attendance is always weak for these early season "easy win" (in theory) games at noon on Sat. Too many competing priorities for many families.

OTOH...it IS Junior Husky Day - so those people will be there regardless.

Reaction Score
The majority of our "fan" base wouldn't even know what this means. I know it sucks, but attendance is always weak for these early season "easy win" (in theory) games at noon on Sat. Too many competing priorities for many families.

OTOH...it IS Junior Husky Day - so those people will be there regardless.

Who would have ever thought 25K would be a good estimation for how many people show up for the 3rd home game of the year? Are we serious? What has this program become? We should be 3-1/4-0, we lost to a MAC again, our offense hasn't been potent, etc etc etc. I'm sick of the excuses.

1. The offense had 3 passing TD's last week. 333 yards passing. A 100 yard receiver. That's a change.
2. The team can beat anyone on the schedule - 10-2 is still possible.
3. People are frustrated because they should have a better record. You know what - VaTech lost the first 2 games, including FCS and still went to BCS. ?Why not us?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's brutal playing Buffalo week 5. One benefit of BE going forward is at least they don't need a fifth OOC.

It's homecoming. I'm sure they will distribute like 36,000 seats and probably 30k will go in and out of the gates - but if it's raining I wouldn't expect more than 25 inside and at time and if people hide under the stands it will look worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom