Attendance guesses for the 3 games today | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Attendance guesses for the 3 games today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
love all the excuses about AAC tourney attendance. Estimated numbers, announced attendance, fake snowstorms; Whatever, NEVER has a BE tourney game looked like that abomination yesterday between ECU-CFU?
If there were 500 people there I'd be surprised.
Then the host team, defending national champion, almighty UCONN Huskies draws under 6k?
Take your medicine. Thats embarrassing

Reaction Score
Yeah, it was an embarrassing night attendance-wise.

Not as embarrassing as the everyday existence of a PC fan, but it wasn't good.

Reaction Score
love all the excuses about AAC tourney attendance. Estimated numbers, announced attendance, fake snowstorms; Whatever, NEVER has a BE tourney game looked like that abomination yesterday between ECU-CFU?
Then the host team, defending national champion, almighty UCONN Huskies draws under 6k?

So wold you rather be the defending champions playing before 6K or perpetual losers playing in front of 15K?

Reaction Score
Oh, I get it. Message boards are a sacred area where you can act like a classless idiot? Tell ya what, pull your head out of the Cheetos and take a look at what's going on at OU, being an has consequences. Keep up the good work. I'm sure your parents are proud.

Not condoning making fun of your coach's appearance, and not sure what parents have to do with it. But while we're on the subject, do you think that trolling an opposing team's message board at 6pm, midnight and then 8AM (based on your posts) would make yours proud? A bit obsessed aren't we..

Reaction Score
So wold you rather be the defending champions playing before 6K or perpetual losers playing in front of 15K?

Oh, id trade places with UConns hoop record in a heartbeat. Just funny in the wake of all the threads here crapping on FS1 ratings and the NBE; your tourney draws less in the entire day than DePaul v Creighton did

Reaction Score

I don't disagree with any of this.

That being said, I'll find some solace in the 4 titles to help me get over it. I'm not greedy. I don't NEEEED a 5th this year.

Reaction Score
Listen bro. There was a great crowd this afternoon. Sellout? NO. Great Crowd? yes. You have to count all the people that bought tickets and attended. You have to consider that at any given time not everyone is on their seats.

1) some People that come for the first game leave before the second
2) People that are interested on the second game arrive late for the first game

When that's taken to account I can assure you that today the afternoon session was a near sellout. I was there and I saw it. Great attendance. Congrats to PROV, NOVA for showing up in numbers... St. John's? not so much to be the home team

The night session was slightly weaker and people took a while to arrive. It topped out near halftime of the georgetown-Creighton game and then a lot of people left after that game was over. By the time the Butler-Xavier game was done... there were only a several thousand diehards (5-6k on their seats spread across the arena)

happens. No one is trying to mask that Big East has the greatest attendance. It doesn't. This current configuration of the league has a long way to go before they can draw and sell out this arena. It is what it is. Nothing is going to be like the old Big East.

Butler. Creighton. Xavier. My God, that's not the Big East.

Reaction Score

It's so embarrassing that I'm going to have a good cry and then dab my watering eyes with the corner of our latest National Championship banner.

Reaction Score
First, LOL at the PC guys trolling the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS' message board where the topic dujor is attendance. LOL losers.

Second, I was there last night. It was ugly. I think part of the problem is that we as a fanbase have been spoiled on success and a conference that was the best in the nation. We had local rivalries in SJU, Cuse, Gtown, and Nova (no, neither PC nor BC count - 3rd tier programs). The fans are crapping all over this sh!tshow of a conference, and who can blame them?

If we remain in this conference long term this athletic department is absolutely dead. We'll be like PC only with better hoops and hockey.

Reaction Score
First, LOL at the PC guys trolling the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS' message board where the topic dujor is attendance. LOL losers.

Second, I was there last night. It was ugly. I think part of the problem is that we as a fanbase have been spoiled on success and a conference that was the best in the nation. We had local rivalries in SJU, Cuse, Gtown, and Nova (no, neither PC nor BC count - 3rd tier programs). The fans are crapping all over this sh!tshow of a conference, and who can blame them?

If we remain in this conference long term this athletic department is absolutely dead. We'll be like PC only with better hoops and hockey.
Hey if Providence cannot win an attendance award, what can they win?

Reaction Score

Don't disagree with any of that, but what we don't know is whether the fanbase would have overcome it all if we were just playing well.

Reaction Score
Don't disagree with any of that, but what we don't know is whether the fanbase would have overcome it all if we were just playing well.

That's true, but less than 6k for a tourney game where you could grab cheap tickets? Dreadful.

Reaction Score
How would he possibly get to the total of 4 if he wasn't including SHU and Nova.

I am taking my daughter and her two friends tonight to see game. Third game of year for me. I hope many get out there.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's a very us-against-the-world, circle-the-wagons fanbase. Birthed by a part of the country that runs on p*ss and vinegar. Last night was a loud 5k when it had to be (which was, well, rare). I expect 8-10k tonight and if they win it goes up from there.

Reaction Score
DukieV just tweeted how much of a joke the attendance was

more of a statement of the crappy conference and people's disdain for Warde's failures

Reaction Score
DukieV just tweeted how much of a joke the attendance was

more of a statement of the crappy conference and people's disdain for Warde's failures

getting slaughtered in the comments too. Sad.

Reaction Score

Better Hockey...wow...day drinking?

Reaction Score
It is sad to see PC fans always coming here looking for validation.

Validation? Nope. Just enjoy shoveling some of the crap you've been throwing at the NBE the last few weeks right down your throat.

Reaction Score
Better Hockey...wow...day drinking?

Within a few years, we will have better hockey. We have the resources. We do everything better than PC. You would think the fanbase of team who averaged 8k per game this year wouldn't come here mocking attendance, but here you guys are.

Reaction Score
Within a few years, we will have better hockey. We have the resources. We do everything better than PC. You would think the fanbase of team who averaged 8k per game this year wouldn't come here mocking attendance, but here you guys are.

EVERYTHING better than PC. Spoken like someone that can't see outside of the Nutmeg state. Think your hockey program will be better than that dumpster fire you call a football program?
You got an up close and personal look at a real hockey program during that 10-1 white washing a few weeks ago. Long way to go before you start competing on the ice.

Reaction Score
EVERYTHING better than PC. Spoken like someone that can't see outside of the Nutmeg state. Think your hockey program will be better than that dumpster fire you call a football program?
You got an up close and personal look at a real hockey program during that 10-1 white washing a few weeks ago. Long way to go before you start competing on the ice.

Good lord find something to do, virgin.

Reaction Score

Actually, 10-1 isn't a "whitewash". A whitewash is when the opponent fails to score. I hope you saved the receipt on that PC diploma.

Reaction Score

Yes EVERYTHING. Can you name something that we've implemented that isn't better than PC?

I will be willing to put big money on the line that our hockey program will surpass yours in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom