Attendance & Atmosphere ? | The Boneyard

Attendance & Atmosphere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i apologize I have been unable to find an an easy Google answer or box score for the attendance ... How was The Rent today ? Any hope of P5 type support ?

Reaction Score
Re the Crowd: I would like to know who purchased the seats in the row directly in front of me in Section 103. During the Maine game they were occupied by a former coworker of my wife & her husband who left shortly before half time. Yesterday, it was an elderly couple & their 2 teenaged granddaughters. Same result: Half time comes & they leave. Was it something that our group said?
When I got to my seat yesterday, there were 5 newbies seated in my row. When I informed them that my group has seats 11-20 they reluctantly moved. I no sooner sat down than another couple plopped down next to me "because they didn't like the view from row 7". First timers who thought that once they got inside the RENT that they could sit anywhere.
Those that attended were into the game. It was the loudest since the Michigan game. No prompting from the P.A. announcer needed. Third downs on defense were automatic. Glad to see & hear it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Interesting observation, Coach. I am curious what % of the crowd these days are newbies or folks who haven't been to a game in years. I think the new AD's efforts to publicize the Husky Walk, FanFest etc schedule for gameday is targeted to these fans.

Reaction Score
Crowd was flat but i'be worse. It was like people were waiting for something big to happen. I sat near a lot of UVA fans, nice group.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Students were there, and in the stadium at the kick, left early. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Blame the 1:30 start. It was a long day and they have hookups to plan for Saturday night. I took a nap. Dffrent strokes.

Does anyone know if they did the student tailgate area again? If they turn the thing into a Vegas style day club, they'd get some run. Heck, start a post game tailgate for day games and start the return busses after the final whistle.

Reaction Score
Crowd was flat but i'be worse. It was like people were waiting for something big to happen. I sat near a lot of UVA fans, nice group.

Would think UConn's dismal performance on offense for 3+ quarters (and getting down 10-0 early with UVA barely breaking a sweat) deflated the crowd enthusiasm for most of the game. To their credit they hung in there best they could despite the frustration.

Reaction Score
It was a beautiful day. Lots of people on the concourse and milling near the scoreboard. It was band day too. We had an extra ticket, and offered it to my neighbor who is recently widowed. They were big UConn fans(all sports) but due to the husband's condition, stayed home and watched everything on TV. It was her first time at the Rent and she liked it so much that we now are going to be +1 in our group next year. (She's liking the drama at the end of the games this year, very exiting!) She wants BBall Hockey...

Reaction Score
Team hasn't really been giving the students a reason to stay. Until the games stop looking like low level high school football crowds will leave early no matter what the AD does or says. That game was borderline hard to watch, a win is a win, but I'm just saying I can see why students were leaving early.

Reaction Score
I personally would never leave early even if we are down 50 but u can see why a student watching our highly offensive offense would be bored out of their skull and thinking about getting ready for Jell-O shots.
Tying into the Orlovsky tweet this mindset that there's no way we can be a productive offense unless we run first is laughable.
Our line can not take over on the ground. Spread the field and we are actually pretty good and then use that to open up a running game
The stubbornness by this coaching staff has to end.

Reaction Score
Was actually surprised by the high number of UVA fans there. I expect with Cuse coming next week they'll be even more orange in the stands and attendance should break 35k.

A a top public U, a lot of UVA grads get pulled into the NYC job market, thus, not really a surprised. Pulled into Gray Lot right behind a SUV with Maryland plates and a Lexus with NY plates, both had UVA stickers. They had a tent set-up in the back corner and I even saw their cheerleaders make the rounds there.

Reaction Score
A a top public U, a lot of UVA grads get pulled into the NYC job market, thus, not really a surprised. Pulled into Gray Lot right behind a SUV with Maryland plates and a Lexus with NY plates, both had UVA stickers. They had a tent set-up in the back corner and I even saw their cheerleaders make the rounds there.

Probably this group? Game Week - UConn v. Virginia

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Pretty good atmosphere lots of good music from the band, I don't recall much PA stuff at all. UVA fans filled the lower part of their section. Not surpring as they have tons of alumni in the area. I feel like they had less HS bands than last time, maybe because there was less space this year due to UVA fans. I kept looking around amazed that people weren't leaving. Even the students, no it wasn't full at the end but it was much better than the last couple years. Heck, for iconic Teggart kick vs WVU there weren't many more students there!

Next week should be a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
There was a busload of UVA folks from Boston and we sat in front of another group of UVA fans. I heard them comment about how packed and enthused our student section was in the 2nd Q. They were very impressed with our stadium and tailgating. They didn't expect it.
Richmond had crushed UVA in 1st game so I laughed when after we sputtered one of them said "The Huskies are making Richmond look like Alabama."
Still dreadful attendance at kickoff.

Reaction Score
went by the Fan Fest about 11:30pm, woefully empty. The blaring music volume makes it impossible for even a college aged fan to linger, could not hear the person next to me.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I thought the 4Q crowd was good...for those who managed to slug their way through 3 quarters of unwatchable football. In a twist of irony, the game actually got pretty exciting after the early exits left the stadium. It wasn't a "good" game but it definitely had an exciting finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom