ATTENDANCE: 27,104 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ATTENDANCE: 27,104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
freakin wind was killer on north side by second half...still thawing out.

Reaction Score
We're thinking we will just buy tix to select games and park in the Aero lot. Bloom is off the rose

Reaction Score
Muschamp has 1 foot out the door and the other seriously slipping on a bananna peel after today's loss to Vandy.
They made a BCS bowl last year. The thought that he could be in jeopardy given all the injuries can't be serious. Those would be really unreasonable expectations.

Reaction Score
We're thinking we will just buy tix to select games and park in the Aero lot. Bloom is off the rose
I'm not quite there yet, but seriously don't blame anybody for doing this. The disastrous decision to hire P, the CR stuff, and this horrendous season, ugh. I'll see how long I can last. At this point, the only reason to have season tickets is to support the program, cause there is no personal enjoyment from going to games right now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not quite there yet, but seriously don't blame anybody for doing this. The disastrous decision to hire P, the CR stuff, and this horrendous season, ugh. I'll see how long I can last. At this point, the only reason to have season tickets is to support the program, cause there is no personal enjoyment from going to games right now.

That's the worst part. The 6-7 home games were my 6-7 favorite days of the year.

It's like having something taken away. I felt nothing but dread all week.

Half of the last 20 people posting here are talking about bailing, or most of their larger group is bailing.

I need 2 tickets and buy 5. I can't give them away. A friend of mine left halfway through the first quarter - and he was sitting inside.

Reaction Score
Well,for the first time in the 10 years I have been going to the Rent,I left with 2 minutes left in the 1'st half.I couldn't take it any longer.It was miserable out there.The game,the team,the crowd.It was lifeless out there.I was home in 10 minutes and put on espn to watch the 2 'nd half,only to fall asleep part way into the 3'rd quarter.I'm not gonna kill anybody for leaving early for this one.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Heck, I'm pleasantly shocked the stadium had that many people at kickoff.

If they've got people on The Boneyard questioning having tickets, you can only imagine what it's like for the other 98% of the season ticket base. Know what's even worse? I cannot think of a single good reason to have season tickets. Not one. What's the point? You can always get tickets through the secondary market, and you pay WAY less.

It'll help your priority points for basketball? All you ever hear about is people getting worse seats every year for basketball.

I admire those of you who buy season tickets to support the program. But other than a feel-good gesture, I really don't see the point.

zls44

Reaction Score
My brother and I stayed until the very end. Was nice to see Abrams and Cochran connect on the TD drive to spoil lots of Cards bettors. The halftime exodus was completely embarrassing. The group of guys who sit in front of us even took off at halftime and they're usually pretty boisterous. Not a good showing on national TV, to say the least. I know it was cold and we haven't won a game and it was a Friday night and all but watching the game with the Louisville fans, the band, the players' families, and a handful of you guys for an entire half of football was completely unexpected. Maybe there will only be 5K in the stands against Memphis after all. I think Mike Aresco just mailed Susan Herbst the AAC GOR papers. I'm disgusted and embarrassed.

I get being disgusted.
I get being embarrassed.
I do not get being surprised.

Reaction Score
I saw a picture on twitter of the Florida/Vanderbilt game today and there were empty sections all over the place in The Swamp for a down season.

We are the worst team arguably in BCS history. It was Friday night, cold, and the team has shown no ability to even be watchable. Oh yeah and it was the start of the basketball season.

This whole thing is so stupid and so phoney to whine about. The place was packed for Michigan. It was packed when we could win 7 games a year. It will not be packed the rest of this year. Deal with it. And stop trying to use it as a prime example that it can never be filled again. It can. Put a respectable product on the field and it will be. This is not a respectable product. This season needs to end ASAP and be best forgotten. That's just the way it is.

Reaction Score
I understand every reason to leave the game early (or not even come). But it's getting to " or get off the pot" time for UCONN fans. If we, as a fanbase, want out of the AAC and an invite into a P5 conference, we, collectively, need to do MUCH better than what we all showed last night. The Barclay's Center was 75% MD fans (not good for a program that stakes claim in the NYC market) and the mass exodus at halftime was disturbing. I'm not dumb, I expected SOME people to leave at halftime for all of the reasons you mentioned. But I certainly never expected 3/4 of the already small crowd to leave at halftime. That had to be so deflating to our players to see 5K left in the stadium for the 2nd half kickoff. I feel so terrible for our players and the guys who have put so much effort into our program only to be completely dismissed by the people who claim to support them. If we're going to use the "it was cold" excuse for leaving a game early, then all of those negative perceptions of our fanbase are solidified. UCONN fans don't care and football doesn't work in the northeast. There are plenty of cold weathered stadiums across the country and I can't think of a single time watching a game where 3/4 of the existing crowd left at HALFTIME. To each is own I guess, I just guess that I have to lower my expectations of our fanbase and our future CR. ALOT.

I'm tempering my expectations across the board now, especially with CR.

Reaction Score
I thought the number of people there early was pretty good. The way they evacuated was crazy - but I don't blame anyone. It felt colder than the 35-38 the thermometer said.

one thing I've heard southern fans say to me in the past about northern teams and fans dealing with weather is "oh, it can't be that cold, they were saying it was 35 or 40". You can't really understand the cold until you're in it for 3 hours. A person needs to take a good 5 or 10 degrees off the outside temperature to get a true approximation of how it feels.

Reaction Score
That's the worst part. The 6-7 home games were my 6-7 favorite days of the year.

It's like having something taken away. I felt nothing but dread all week.

Half of the last 20 people posting here are talking about bailing, or most of their larger group is bailing.

I need 2 tickets and buy 5. I can't give them away. A friend of mine left halfway through the first quarter - and he was sitting inside.

for the first season ever, I look at the remaining games with a sense of "oh jesus, I gotta slog through these" drudgery rather than a "I still have more games left!" sense of fun anticipation. I cannot wait for this season to go away.

Reaction Score

If they've got people on The Boneyard questioning having tickets, you can only imagine what it's like for the other 98% of the season ticket base. Know what's even worse? I cannot think of a single good reason to have season tickets. Not one. What's the point? You can always get tickets through the secondary market, and you pay WAY less.

It'll help your priority points for basketball? All you ever hear about is people getting worse seats every year for basketball.

I admire those of you who buy season tickets to support the program. But other than a feel-good gesture, I really don't see the point.

we're seriously re-evaluating how we do things with our tickets too. I love how we pay full $27 for a glorified BB practice against Concordia, but UConn releases tickets for $5. That's not the first time they've done sh it like that, and I'm getting very sick of it. This coming year is our last season of the 3 year cycle commit for football season tickets - after that, not sure what we'll do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I had scheduled the day off, but then had to do an all day training. Barely made 6:30 tip at Barclays.

The lower bowl seemed to have a lot more Maryland fans and it stood out due to the red. The upper decks seemed to be split more. On a Friday at 6:30 in BK on the same night as football it wasn't too bad.

The only glaring omission was that I didn't see big red!

Whatever basketball jerk. Go back to the basketball board.

Reaction Score
My guess is UConn decided to list actual attendants rather than tickets sold. Reasonable number.

I am one of the few elite who stayed until the team sang the fight song. I don't even know the words myself. It was very, very cold. I had to come down to the lower bowl because the wind was so numbing in the upper bowl.

Reaction Score

If you were a real fan I think you would understand the desire to own season tickets. Have owned them since mid 60's and will continue to own them until my death. I'm sick about how the season has gone but will not stop going to the games and rooting for the Huskies.

zls44

Reaction Score
If you were a real fan I think you would understand the desire to own season tickets. Have owned them since mid 60's and will continue to own them until my death. I'm sick about how the season has gone but will not stop going to the games and rooting for the Huskies.

"If you were a real fan" lmao ok

Reaction Score
There is less than 20k in Miami for the U/VT game.

Attendance was 49,267. Of course, the capacity of Sun Life is nearly 76,000 so lots of empties for a top 20 showdown. I guess the beach was calling.....

Reaction Score
I understand every reason to leave the game early (or not even come). But it's getting to " or get off the pot" time for UCONN fans. If we, as a fanbase, want out of the AAC and an invite into a P5 conference, we, collectively, need to do MUCH better than what we all showed last night. The Barclay's Center was 75% MD fans (not good for a program that stakes claim in the NYC market) and the mass exodus at halftime was disturbing. I'm not dumb, I expected SOME people to leave at halftime for all of the reasons you mentioned. But I certainly never expected 3/4 of the already small crowd to leave at halftime. That had to be so deflating to our players to see 5K left in the stadium for the 2nd half kickoff. I feel so terrible for our players and the guys who have put so much effort into our program only to be completely dismissed by the people who claim to support them. If we're going to use the "it was cold" excuse for leaving a game early, then all of those negative perceptions of our fanbase are solidified. UCONN fans don't care and football doesn't work in the northeast. There are plenty of cold weathered stadiums across the country and I can't think of a single time watching a game where 3/4 of the existing crowd left at HALFTIME. To each is own I guess, I just guess that I have to lower my expectations of our fanbase and our future CR. ALOT.
I hope the weren't any recruits there to witness this embarrassment,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01