Athlon top 50 Big East | The Boneyard

Athlon top 50 Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. Here's each teams count. We're # 1 and they foolishly excluded Nick Williams

Team Breakdown of the Top 50 Players
Cincinnati - 3
Connecticut - 10
Louisville - 7
Pittsburgh - 7
Rutgers - 9
South Florida - 7
Syracuse - 5
Temple - 2

They had Blidi at 32. He should be in the top 10. We have some others that have the potential to make this list namely Friend, Shamar, anyone of a number of linebackers, Phillips, and of course Chandler Whitmer. Tymeer Brown and Byron Jones also have a chance to be special. Who's not buying tickets?

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
As expected a lot of names on D. Cool.

For me, as much as great O dazzles and excites, when the D dominates the oppostion, puts a beating on recievers and backs, makes a QB squirrely in the backfield, and stuffs drives at the goal line (ND), this is the essence of the College. Football experience.

Reaction Score
so pretty much half of our starters are in the BE top 50? it supports my 10 win theory.

Anybody else feel that the number of good player's Athlon says UCONN has is contradicted by Athlon's w/l and bowl prognosis?

Reaction Score
Just shows you that is a QB emerges, we could have a really good season.
We've been waiting a lonnnnnnnng time.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Phil Steele did a similar look at how all conference players stacked up for each league. He was surprised that UConn came out 3rd.

It feels like people give credit for UConn having good players....but they don't think the team will do well. Which means it is either coaching they are blaming or it is just name recognition. I think it is the latter.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2012/July12/DBJuly24.html

Reaction Score
almost every prediction mag i ever look at pretty much just takes last years record and adjusts it a game or two depending on scheduling or a big player loss. unless we're talking about the NDs and Miami's of the world you never see them predict a 4-5 win team to win 10 games, and when they do for Miami they're always wrong. it is what it is. i've pretty much stopped reading them altogether since they don't seem to want to put any effort into it

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
everyone is the same which makes me feel really good. they all know we have a ton of great impact players but they don't have any faith in qb. they don't know what to make of it. most here can't wait for whitmer to hit the field with smith/phillips and crew at wr. all the ratings and blog people are somewhat clueless to the O we are going to have this fall. if they knew, we wouldn't be such a sleeper. love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom