As New Season Kicks Off, UConn Players Say Edsall Has Them More Than Ready (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

As New Season Kicks Off, UConn Players Say Edsall Has Them More Than Ready (Mike Anthony)

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
As New Season Kicks Off, UConn Players Say Edsall Has Them More Than Ready

"I don't look at them as an FCS team," Edsall said of Holy Cross. "I look at them as the first game of 12 on our schedule. We have 12 opportunities this year and that's the first one. The biggest thing we have to do is take care of ourselves. If we don't take care of ourselves, doing the job we're supposed to do, then we're not doing what I want us to do.

"Honestly, Coach has been on us so hard, we're treating this as if it is the Super Bowl," senior cornerback Tre Bell said. "This is the national championship game. Why? Because it's the only game we have this week. Coach has been on us very hard, it doesn't matter who we're playing."

"Come game time I lock it in," senior defensive end Luke Carrezola said. "For me, personally, the nerves go away. I've prepared for this. You fall back on your training. … Holy Cross is going to do what they try to do and their tendencies are what we have to try to pick up on. I think as a whole defense, if we just understand that if everyone just does their job every play, we're going to be all right."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom