As I watch double OT Cincy-GTown.... | The Boneyard

As I watch double OT Cincy-GTown....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I notice that these offenses don't just stand around and pass the ball around the 3 point line for 15 seconds like we do. GTown is playing a 3-2 zone right now, and the 3 Cincy guards are setting picks for each other, playing hi-low etc...anything to break the zone. What does Shabazz and the rest of our guards do? They dribble the ball for a good 10 seconds, pass the ball around the key, and then with about 6 seconds left..make a decision. WHY do we do that?? We have 3 of the quickest guards in the Big East. Can they really not handle the ball that well?? Why can't we ware the defense down with fakes do the lane, screens for each other and what not? Some may say that its because the Cuse zone is just too good, but this has been going on for a very long time. Standing around FOREVER before something happens. We need INTENSITY of all 3 guards at the SAME TIME each possession. Not just one of them every time we get the ball.

Reaction Score
Two words: roster composition.

The 3 guards we have out there 30+ minutes a game are the only true guards on the team. My guess is they're not as active or play with as much intensity as the Cincy guards because in part because they never rest. Even a Beverly-like backup would let Bazz or Boat play more aggressively.

Certainly there are other factors at play -- JC's not being an offensive mastermind is one of them -- but I think our roster is poorly composed to break down a defense like that.

Reaction Score
I notice that these offenses don't just stand around and pass the ball around the 3 point line for 15 seconds like we do. GTown is playing a 3-2 zone right now, and the 3 Cincy guards are setting picks for each other, playing hi-low etc...anything to break the zone. What does Shabazz and the rest of our guards do? They dribble the ball for a good 10 seconds, pass the ball around the key, and then with about 6 seconds left..make a decision. WHY do we do that?? We have 3 of the quickest guards in the Big East. Can they really not handle the ball that well?? Why can't we ware the defense down with fakes do the lane, screens for each other and what not? Some may say that its because the Cuse zone is just too good, but this has been going on for a very long time. Standing around FOREVER before something happens. We need INTENSITY of all 3 guards at the SAME TIME each possession. Not just one of them every time we get the ball.

Been saying the same thing all year I don't understand why we do this it's like we don't even run an offense I have never seen another team do this (not that i can remember). Need to constantly cut, move,screen,etc. Run some kind of offense we do this vs man or zone. I'm surprised more UConn fans on here haven't been reacting like this. Running an actual offense would avoid last second bad shots and would open it up. And don't say its because their tired because these kids are young and in shape and no other teams just stop their offense because their tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom