As I see it, TonyC ... ?? | The Boneyard

As I see it, TonyC ... ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From TonyC’s partner …

Bill-in-Georgia, been here since late 80ies … played at highest level..

SC …
Can’t stand a semi-full court press .. it’s important for SC to get back and get set in their sequence. Disrupt that and it’s “Hey Coach What Happens Now”…?? They are drilled on 6 seconds down ..8 seconds to set..16 seconds to execute ..But UConn will string it to … 8 down ..4 at ½ court …9 to set… only 9 seconds to execute. Which means, hurry-hurry… stumble/stumble/ quick random wild shooting…

Not in the best shape, slow up and down the court, they will be holding their knees at the 6:00 mark -First Half.

Sloppy defense execution … maybe quick foul problems.

Crowd intimation, they’ve never played with the “UConn Hungry Huskies” in attendance .. Worth 6 points…
Never seen the “ UConn Cold, Ice Stare “ at the initial jump ball … always bothered me when that 6”10 dude gave me the glare…”Why is he mad a me”???

UConn ….

Way too many weapons …. Any of the first 8 could get 20 point on the board… Too many shooters for the number of Good defenders.

Don’t let anybody get HOT .. shut the scorers down fast…

Conditioning, SC has never seen 5 man speed like they will see tonight…

Defense tenacity

To Watch For …
SC Driving up the middle trying to play “rough up basketball”
UConn defensive guards keeping their man in front...
An attempt to get inside the head of UConn’s two big’s …
Could turn into a “Football Game” …
Biggest game in DS career, watch out for the kitchen sink to come flying across the court…She needs a WIN at any cost!!!

Result
UConn box’s out properly..
UConn hits from the free throw line
A smooth and easy 18 point win with UConn Frosh lightning up the billboard, at the ESPN studio’s…

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nicely said. Agree with everything except your last line - "smooth and easy"... If SC is going to throw the kitchen sink and play rough up hoops (ie. football or rugby), I suspect the game will be anything but smooth. I get that hoops is a physical game but this is one game where I think Geno will need to ride the refs until they start calling fouls on the overly physical stuff.

Reaction Score
SC …
Can’t stand a semi-full court press .. it’s important for SC to get back and get set in their sequence. Disrupt that and it’s “Hey Coach What Happens Now”…?? They are drilled on 6 seconds down ..8 seconds to set..16 seconds to execute ..But UConn will string it to … 8 down ..4 at ½ court …9 to set… only 9 seconds to execute. Which means, hurry-hurry… stumble/stumble/ quick random wild shooting…

Not in the best shape, slow up and down the court, they will be holding their knees at the 6:00 mark -First Half.

Sloppy defense execution … maybe quick foul problems.

Crowd intimation, they’ve never played with the “UConn Hungry Huskies” in attendance .. Worth 6 points…
Never seen the “ UConn Cold, Ice Stare “ at the initial jump ball … always bothered me when that 6”10 dude gave me the glare…”Why is he mad a me”???

Well, ummmmm ....

SC has been dealing with every kind of full court, semi and not-so-semi full-court press, all season long. We've got two of the best point guards in the country for handling pressure, along with a 6-5 dribbler in Wilson and a ball wizards in Welch and Mitchell ... we've not really had a problem handling any kind of full-court pressure. Matter of fact, we've made teams pay for even trying it because our bigs run the court so well.

This team you will see tonight is in incredible shape ... and very deep. Fatigue will not be a factor for the Lady-Gs. I have to just lulz at that observation. Seriously, someone did not do their homework.

Foul troubles ... who knows. Depends a lot on the refs and how they are calling it tonight. Hopefully it will be better than it was at Duke.

No doubt the intimidation factor and home-court advantage will play a big role tonight. Hopefully we'll take the crowd out of it early.

UConn ….

Way too many weapons …. Any of the first 8 could get 20 point on the board… Too many shooters for the number of Good defenders.

Conditioning, SC has never seen 5 man speed like they will see tonight…

Biggest game in DS career, watch out for the kitchen sink to come flying across the court…She needs a WIN at any cost!!!
Result
UConn box’s out properly..
UConn hits from the free throw line
A smooth and easy 18 point win with UConn Frosh lightning up the billboard, at the ESPN studio’s…

giphy.gif

BTW, what does that even mean? DS needs to win at "all costs?" Is she going to be packing heat and taking shots at UConn players or something?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, maybe, but my expectation is that Nurse and MoJet, along with STewie and Saniya and Gabby are going to give the SC guards much more than they can handle. They may think they have "seen all kinds of presses", but they have not sen this one.

Reaction Score
Well, maybe, but my expectation is that Nurse and MoJet, along with STewie and Saniya and Gabby are going to give the SC guards much more than they can handle. They may think they have "seen all kinds of presses", but they have not sen this one.

I suppose anything is possible ... but I just don't think your press is going to be that effective against us tonight. Matter of fact, I think you'll pay dearly if you try it often - but who knows.

Our guards are very good and we're just loaded with ball handlers.

Our major malfunction, from time to time, is trying to force the ball down-low to our bigs and sometimes, sometimes, we try to skip too much and, in that regard, it may take us a little bit of time to adjust to your perimeter defensive speed if it is really as good as you say it is. I just don't see it being anything we can't make adjustments to however.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Bill As always your spot on .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads