As A Coach, Diaco Evolving Into A Winner (Des) | The Boneyard

As A Coach, Diaco Evolving Into A Winner (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Or, apparently, a madness to his method...

Reaction Score
Interesting that he admitted they don't really value saving first half timeouts that highly, and would rather take extra time to make sure they get an important play right. I don't disagree, but I would hope next year we'll see a big improvement in this area, and we'll be advanced enough that on a big 3rd or 4th down we already have an idea of what we'll go to in that spot.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I agree with his point - 1st half timeouts aren't as important as 2nd half timeouts. That said, I'm not a fan of burning through any timeouts because we can't get a play in on time. Every now and again, fine. But it was happening almost every single game. I'd rather keep the timeouts for defensive alignments, trick play defense, stopping an uptempo offense or a late half drive.

Reaction Score
Agreed, 2nd half is more critical situation but they have to get the plays and personnel in on time, no need to waste a TO for that, many times it just seemed they were too indecisive on the play to get the right people in and on those late plays they have broken the huddle too early and caused a too many men in the huddle penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom