Article about teams poaching Mora | The Boneyard

Article about teams poaching Mora

Reaction Score
More worried about Benedict getting poached. FB, MBB, WBB, Soccer, Hockey, Field Hockey, Baseball, Softball… all doing better.
I am more worried about the lack of commitment we seem to be making in that article. Should have less of a what happens; happens attitude and more of a what can we do to keep you to the best of our ability discussion.

Reaction Score
I am more worried about the lack of commitment we seem to be making in that article. Should have less of a what happens; happens attitude and more of a what can we do to keep you to the best of our ability discussion.

That’s what happens Dave to Jim Mora - not to Mike Anthony.

If Mora wasn’t AD Dave’s hire, I’d be more concerned about external messaging.

Reaction Score
Mora keeps talking about long term goals he has for the program. I think he has something to prove and he wants to do it here. He’s done his part in proving that he can get it done here.

It’s on the school and the state to support him now. If he gets the idea that this won’t happen and he gets a very good offer, he could leave.

Reaction Score
People are going to wring their hands on this, but it's really as simple as what Mora wants to do. At his age he probably has one more gig in him if he wants to go to a P5 program. It's not likely to be one of the big names (at least not yet), so he would end up at one of the second tier P5 programs and most likely muddle along. If he stays at UCONN he has some room to try to really build this. He'll get a lot more room here than he's likely to get in any P5 program. It really all depends on what he wants to do. If money is a key driving force (and I'm guessing it's not), then he won't be here long.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Mora keeps talking about long term goals he has for the program. I think he has something to prove and he wants to do it here. He’s done his part in proving that he can get it done here.

It’s on the school and the state to support him now. If he gets the idea that this won’t happen and he gets a very good offer, he could leave.
If he leaves tomorrow, he's raised the bar of what's possible at UConn. I believe he's made a commitment to do more than that.

Reaction Score
I think Mora will stay since its only been one year. After next season is when we should very worried, once he see's how dedicated the school/state is plus he will have an even more successful season in year 2 (hopefully)

Reaction Score
The thing I am laughing at is USF thinking it’s in the position to poach any coach that’s the FBS level.
No coach is going to leave UConn to go to USF. Football, basketball, all the way down to rowing. That university has screwed up so many times, they deserve what's coming to them.

Reaction Score
People are going to wring their hands on this, but it's really as simple as what Mora wants to do. At his age he probably has one more gig in him if he wants to go to a P5 program. It's not likely to be one of the big names (at least not yet), so he would end up at one of the second tier P5 programs and most likely muddle along. If he stays at UCONN he has some room to try to really build this. He'll get a lot more room here than he's likely to get in any P5 program. It really all depends on what he wants to do. If money is a key driving force (and I'm guessing it's not), then he won't be here long.
This is great perspective

Reaction Score
People are worried about this but the one quote that makes me know he’ll stay is “last time I won 6 games I got fired the next day” he understands at Uconn he’ll be fine if he wins 6 games and the fans/university will be thrilled to win 7,8 games a yr.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think the Hurley’s hire is something to look at for this as URI gave him a great offer but he came to Storrs
Mora was also offered a ton to go to Texas while he was still with UCLA. Didn't take it.

I have to think he loves it here for the time being. There may be a time when he doesn't, but I'll go on record as saying he's here for four years to build something with his own recruits and see what happens vis a vis financial support. After that, who knows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom