Around The American | The Boneyard

Around The American

Reaction Score
I know most here (or anywhere) don’t give a frack about the 6th Power, but I’m one of the 8 people currently tuned in to ESPN News for the highly anticipated Houston vs. Temple game.

Temple up 7 at the half. Would be a nice W for the Owls.

Also on the docket is a matchup of perennial doormats Tulane and USF. Have this one going on ESPN3 and wish I didn’t.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
had a feeling Temple was going to win this game. Would be big for their tournament hopes.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
had a feeling Temple was going to win this game. Would be big for their tournament hopes.
ours too. until an actual league 'record' appears in early February, i'm happy with any perceived 'top' team losing, as often as possible...unless it's all talk, and that 'top' team ain't, then I want them to beat the 'new' top teams. let the games begin.

Reaction Score
All but 2 teams (UCF and SMU) have a conference loss now. Hopefully it's down to 1 after tomorrow. Lots of parity this year.

Reaction Score
Ummmm.

Do you want me to point out the obvious? I was trying to keep things positive, but for anyone who already blocked it from your memory just a reminder that we lost to said Directional U last week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All but 2 teams (UCF and SMU) have a conference loss now. Hopefully it's down to 1 after tomorrow. Lots of parity this year.

I think it’d be great for the conference if it could sneak four teams into the tourney: Houston, Cincy, UCF and Temple. Probably won’t happen but as of now those teams look decent in terms of the metrics.

Reaction Score
A mash-up of “Sounds of Silence” and “America” is how this thread makes me feel

Reaction Score
Good to see Fran get that one. It'll be intriguing to see if McKie dials up their recruiting like Dan and Penny have.

Reaction Score
Lol. The American is like a crying baby on an
airplane. Everybody hates it but if it’s your crying baby you’re obligated to still love it. Just my opinion.
That's established. Everyone sees it as a leaping board to the P5. Which can only be good, right?

Temple drew 50% capacity for tonight. The new members are way more excited about the AAC than those of us who are still in it.

Reaction Score
Lol. The American is like a crying baby on an
airplane. Everybody hates it but if it’s your crying baby you’re obligated to still love it. Just my opinion.

I've always taken pride on the haters.
These people wanted UConn FB and MBB to die.
They wanted all those programs to die.. and in FB & MBB the league keeps replenishing and has been making strides in all the sports.
I tell those people to hate away.. UConn MBB hasn't been good recently but they've helped build many of these teams back up as much as anyone. Sampson has a very nice team there, and I'm sure he'll be the first to give UConn their due in making his job a bit easier, in the building of this new brand.

Reaction Score
I think it’d be great for the conference if it could sneak four teams into the tourney: Houston, Cincy, UCF and Temple. Probably won’t happen but as of now those teams look decent in terms of the metrics.
Four should be expected
3 is too low and 5 is a stretch
Don’t forget Tulsa
This is a darn good league this year even if we’re down .
Inter conference against P7 teams was pretty good . Didn’t WSU in an off year beat PC.

Reaction Score
Four should be expected
3 is too low and 5 is a stretch
Don’t forget Tulsa
This is a darn good league this year even if we’re down .
Inter conference against P7 teams was pretty good . Didn’t WSU in an off year beat PC.

Yea I don’t think there’s any chance we get 5 unfortunately. The AAC had a bunch of wins against P5 and Big East teams in the non-conference but no statement wins really.

Overall the league needs to schedule better to give us more opportunities. There are teams in the conference that didn’t play a single ranked team in the non-conference. Others scheduled only one P5 game. Aresco needs to step in and do something about it.

Reaction Score
A lot of this rides on San Francisco and the MAC. Right now, the WCC is an undoubtedly two-bid league. Buffalo is a good team, but it wouldn't be shocking if Toledo or Ball State (not quite at-large teams, but still pretty darn good) win the MAC tournament.

However, if San Francisco fades and Buffalo wins the MAC, there will be more bigs available the AAC and B5.

Reaction Score
A lot of this rides on San Francisco and the MAC. Right now, the WCC is an undoubtedly two-bid league. Buffalo is a good team, but it wouldn't be shocking if Toledo or Ball State (not quite at-large teams, but still pretty darn good) win the MAC tournament.

However, if San Francisco fades and Buffalo wins the MAC, there will be more bids available the AAC and B5.
There will be extra bids out there. The A10, and Pac 12 won't be getting their normal share this year. The BE might still get 6, but the seeds won't be great, probably have a team in the First Four this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom