Army Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Army Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just throw it away Whitmer.

*head in hands*

If he did that, then he wouldn't be the "hero". That's always been his problem. He always tries to be a goshdarn hero at the worst possible time.

Reaction Score
What happened? We went from a team that refused to throw against USF to a team that feels the need to throw every down. Our O-Coordinator sucks.

Reaction Score
Outside of injury is there any reason now to play whitmer ever again?
Don't you read this board??? He gives you he best chance to win. Except he rarely wins, and makes the most bonehead plays ever.

I love the kid's toughness and he perseveres but what an absolutely horrible boneheaded throw, he is horrible at clock management.

Reaction Score
I am sick and tired of this program humiliating this University.

I've had it with the excuse making and people on here finding it funny or making jokes about it.

It took so much utter FAIL on our part to lose this game and we did all that and than some.

I don't want to hear anything about Pasqualoni or DeLeone or Hathaway.

This coach and this program are on the clock. It doesn't change next year than Nelson was right. End the experiment. There is so reason to continue it if THIS is where we are 15 + years into it.

Reaction Score
I was not , this whole game, going to criticize any players individually. But wholly crap. But mostly this was on the coaching staff.
I agree, especially the OC. I know we rip Whitmer but he did show a lot of grit and toughness out there today. Kid battled

Reaction Score
Frustrating loss on so many levels.

We seemed to finally turn a corner the last 2 weeks, then looked completely clueless on D all game against the triple option. But still we were in position to tie and CW throws a flippin' coast-to-coast pick 6 in the final minute.

Very angry right now.

Reaction Score
No Bowl a possibility anymore, has to be Boyle rest of the way, mixing in Foxx. If it is not, then I'm really confused as to what Diaco is trying to accomplish. Have to see the kid now.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We didn't execute.

(Technically, this is true).

Reaction Score

I've had it with the excuse making and people on here finding it funny or making jokes about it.

It took so much utter FAIL on our part to lose this game and we did all that and than some.

This coach and this program are on the clock. It doesn't change next year than Nelson was right. End the experiment. There is so reason to continue it if THIS is where we are 15 + years into it.

There is no experiment and there is no clock. You thinking frustration is an excuse to not accept reality is not going to help the basketball program or the university. Only figuring out how you help more does thatYT.

Reaction Score
There is no experiment and there is no clock. You thinking frustration is an excuse to not accept reality is not going to help the basketball program or the university. Only figuring out how you help more does thatYT.

Than get competent. And credible.

I can't even believe the incompetence I watched from all involved knowing they would have a lot of our fans and alumni there.

That loss was not talent. It was indifference and mentality.

Reaction Score

I can't even believe the incompetence I watched from all involved knowing they would have a lot of our fans and alumni there.

Saying the players and coaches sucked is an opinion. And a reasonable one. But is totally irrelevant to bitching about the future of the football program.

Reaction Score

I think you make your frustration even worse for yourself with the avatar that you currently use... don't do it to yourself bro...it ain't worth it....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

If it's that bad for you, find another team to root for. It'll be good for your health.

There were two teams fighting out there, ours just took too long to get going, be that on the players or the coaches. I just don't think it's as bad a loss as you are making it out to be. I prefer to give Army some credit, they've improved. We regressed from UCF. It happens sometimes especially in year 1 of a head coach.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
hell no... we sure did... that last interception wasn't the only reason we lost... not by a long shot....

I'll go even further than you did. Not by a very very very long shot!

I really shake my head when I read the posts on this board. I really do. To the people who believe that we lost this game because of Chandler Whitmer, you should all go seek help from a medical professional. Seriously. Go seek help.

We are in a position to tie this game with a minute left ONLY because of Chandler Whitmer. I mean, ONLY because of Chandler Whitmer. The first pick shouldn't have been on him. We have coaches who can't seem to get a friggin' play call into the kid so that he has to blow our second timeout. He was yet again our leading rusher by a good 20 yards more than the second leading rusher. And he carried us on his back and practically willed us back to the tie. Then, he throws a pick as he's trying to finalize the miracle, and the boo-birds come out yet again.

I think I'm going to take a break from this board for a while, because I am no longer the craziest person here, and that scares me. The blame for this game lies squarely on the coaching. And I hope they are men enough to admit that in the press conferences...

Reaction Score
If it's that bad for you, find another team to root for. It'll be good for your health.

There were two teams fighting out there, ours just took too long to get going, be that on the players or the coaches. I just don't think it's as bad a loss as you are making it out to be. I prefer to give Army some credit, they've improved. We regressed from UCF. It happens sometimes especially in year 1 of a head coach.

Well you can go ahead and give all the credit in the world to an Army team that lost to Yale. Some of us will deal with the reality of the situation which was the indifferent and amateur preparation and execution which prevented us from winning a VERY winnable game against a BAD opponent. And face the dire consequences of this continued downward spiral by the most important sport on campus.

Reaction Score
I'll go even further than you did. Not by a very very very long shot!

I really shake my head when I read the posts on this board. I really do. To the people who believe that we lost this game because of Chandler Whitmer, you should all go seek help from a medical professional. Seriously. Go seek help.

We are in a position to tie this game with a minute left ONLY because of Chandler Whitmer. I mean, ONLY because of Chandler Whitmer. The first pick shouldn't have been on him. We have coaches who can't seem to get a friggin' play call into the kid so that he has to blow our second timeout. He was yet again our leading rusher by a good 20 yards more than the second leading rusher. And he carried us on his back and practically willed us back to the tie. Then, he throws a pick as he's trying to finalize the miracle, and the boo-birds come out yet again.

I think I'm going to take a break from this board for a while, because I am no longer the craziest person here, and that scares me. The blame for this game lies squarely on the coaching. And I hope they are men enough to admit that in the press conferences...

The coaches clearly blew this game...Our D wasn't fully prepared early on.... and our playing calling on O was filled with a bunch of head scratching moments.... Army did it right... They took what our D gave them... that's why they won.... Us? For once, this season, it seemed that our OL had the advantage and could move Army around when they wanted to, yet, we neglected to take advantage of it... That's not on the offensive players... They run the play that the OC calls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom