Arkeel on TV??? | The Boneyard

Arkeel on TV???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Casual football fan here...help!
I see that Ansonia plays for the state title on Friday at 7. Might this game be on TV...say CPTVSports?

Uconngal

Visit us at the Thirst and Ten Ambulance
Reaction Score
Yes the game will be shown live at 7 pm on CPTV Sports channel.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Is it some kind of dead period? Can Diaco attend this game tonight? Speak to the kid and/or his parents?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I believe he can meet/talk with recruits and prospects until Dec 16th.

Reaction Score
Where's the game at? A Boneyard crew dressed in blue couldn't hurt.

Reaction Score
Yep from the CIAC.

http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=952

I'll decide by 3 or 4 after a few things get done. Just under 1 hr if traffic moves on 84. Hopefully better than what we had on the job Wed on The Parkway where no one was paying attention.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it some kind of dead period? Can Diaco attend this game tonight? Speak to the kid and/or his parents?

Diaco flew back to South bend last night - but will be making recruit calls between now and when he get back to CT Sunday night/Monday.

Reaction Score
Newsome for 65-70 yds on first drive...5 yd TD.

Woodland just fumbled and Ansonia runs it in for another quick TD (questionable call...looked to be down..no replay in high school)

14-0 quick. Newsome will be done by halftime.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Weren't Woodland's two losses this year at the hands of Ansonia?...

Reaction Score
28-6 at the half. Channel 3 here also there should be plenty of highlights later. Not wearing short sleeves Art how about you?

Reaction Score
28-6 at the half. Channel 3 here also there should be plenty of highlights later. Not wearing short sleeves Art how about you?

I wimped out and stayed home. Turned the channel after first quarter. Something about high school football where I lose interest quick.

I will say Newsome has a decent OL that show talent sealing the corner at times. I'm a huge fan of Newsome but they say he's 5'8" 183 lbs, close to Lyle's numbers, but he just seems smaller than Lyle.

Reaction Score
I wimped out and stayed home. Turned the channel after first quarter. Something about high school football where I lose interest quick.

I will say Newsome has a decent OL that show talent sealing the corner at times. I'm a huge fan of Newsome but they say he's 5'8" 183 lbs, close to Lyle's numbers, but he just seems smaller than Lyle.

He's a little bigger (not much) but is much, much sturdier.

Reaction Score

probably stay for a good part of the second half I've always been impressed with their offensIve line. he's not a big runner but he definitely has good strength speed vision all the things that are obvious

Reaction Score
Nice jump pass TD thrown by Newsome to make up for the HB Option interception throw :)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
tHE twIITER GUYS i FOLLOW WERE ALIVE LAST WEEK WITH HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES. tONIGHT THEY MUST BE HOME SLEEPING.

Thanks for the update Jim.

And apologies for seeing the cap lock was on. F### it.

Reaction Score
“@TimothyGaffney: Newsome 34-259-4 scores and a touchdown pass. Did throw a pick though if being picky.”

Ansonia wins 51-12

Reaction Score
I think there are a few larger schools out there that could contain him enough to outscore Ansonia and win. As a team they may not be the deepest or most athletic. And they are one-dimensional. But they are well coached enough, tough enough and throw enough wrinkles at you to be dangerous against anyone. And no one will completely shut down Arkeel. He's that good. #1 in the state? This year I think both New Canaan and St. Joe would have the advantage on the field.

I'd really like to see what he could do as a kick returner next near.

Reaction Score
I think there are a few larger schools out there that could contain him enough to outscore Ansonia and win. As a team they may not be the deepest or most athletic. And they are one-dimensional. But they are well coached enough, tough enough and throw enough wrinkles at you to be dangerous against anyone. And no one will completely shut down Arkeel. He's that good. #1 in the state? This year I think both New Canaan and St. Joe would have the advantage on the field.

I'd really like to see what he could do as a kick returner next near.
New Canaan has been run on this season. Just look what North Haven did last week. Ansonia smashes you and can score. St. Joe's is not better then Ansonia this year. They can score, but they are not a very good defensive team. Even Coach Dellavecchia said his team has struggled defensively. Ansonia bends on defense but they find a way to get stops or turn you over. I think New Canaan would be a tougher opponent. Ansonia can beat St. Joe's this year. They have a way of making good QBs look average.

Reaction Score
Besides those larger schools can only put 11 players on the field. Depth is only a factor with injuries. Ansonia may be the best conditioned team in the state. I coached there for 10 years. Those kids are prepared for anything and everything. It's easier said then done. Ask the 43 teams that have tried to stop them from doing what they do. I look forward to Arkeel being in a UConn uniform.

Reaction Score

We all have to remember he's a high school senior...still growing and will get professional assistance on the UCONN campus with nutrition, strength, size, quickness. Our school has great resources to accomplish that... the intangibles is what we have to drool over...(10,600++ yards rushing and 188 tds)..vision, innate speed. things that can't be taught..God given... Man o man..can't wait to see him teaming with Casey. Expect him to play next year at 190 and 196 by his soph year....200 by JR year if he doesn't redshirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom