Arizona in the Final Four in Phoenix. | The Boneyard

Arizona in the Final Four in Phoenix.

Reaction Score
That looks like a definite possibility. That would be like UConn playing in a final four in Hartford.

Of course, neither of us could get to the Final Four. But anyone facing Arizona in Phoenix would have a heavy lift to beat them. It would NOT be neutral court.

Reaction Score
That looks like a definite possibility. That would be like UConn playing in a final four in Hartford.

Of course, neither of us could get to the Final Four. But anyone facing Arizona in Phoenix would have a heavy lift to beat them. It would NOT be neutral court.
If we play in Brooklyn and Boston, then we really have nothing to complain about.

But 2009 playing Mich St in Detroit was rough indeed.

I don't think that Arizona fans are nearly as obnoxious as Mich St fans though.

Reaction Score
It was the sane scenario last year with both Houston and Texas having legit shots at playing in the Final 4 in Houston. It is impossible to avoid unless you put the Final 4 in Canada.....or Syracuse.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

We beat Arizona and San Diego State in Southern California in the west regionals in 2011.

Reaction Score
We beat Arizona and San Diego State in Southern California in the west regionals in 2011.

I will never forget that Arizona game. They had a number of opportunities to win it and there was a lid on the basket. Longest seconds of my basketball watching life. Especially when the ball was in the air on the last shot. Eternity.

Reaction Score

Who cares?

Was in TX last year with Houston and TX almost making.

We have a chance to play basically 4 home games to get to Arizona.

Reaction Score

Neither of us may get to the final? That thought has never entered into my blue tinted brain

Reaction Score
If we play in Brooklyn and Boston, then we really have nothing to complain about.
That's absurd. High seeds always get favorable geographic placement for the first 2 rounds and the regionals.

We have never and likely will never benefit from a favorable location for the Final Four, which many other schools get the opportunity to do.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Arizona is in Tuscon, about an hour and a half away. ASU is in Tempe, in the Phoenix area. I remember vs MSU in 09, we sold our finals tickets to Sparty fans and got out of the hell hole that's Detroit early. If somehow Arizona makes the Final Four it may help, puts less pressure on demand for hotel rooms for visiting teams.

Reaction Score
I'm all for the Carrier Dome idea. Only Uconn fans would want to make that trip and Syracuse obviously not even going to be in the tournament for the next 5 years.

Reaction Score
We’ve also beat UK in the final four twice, and anywhere they play is a UK home game.

Reaction Score
That's absurd. High seeds always get favorable geographic placement for the first 2 rounds and the regionals.

We have never and likely will never benefit from a favorable location for the Final Four, which many other schools get the opportunity to do.
When CT replaces the Rent with a domed Stadium maybe? 2078?

Reaction Score

But 2009 playing Mich St in Detroit was rough indeed.

I don't think that Arizona fans are nearly as obnoxious as Mich St fans though.
We got harassed after the game- a group of MState fans pushed my wife (there were too many for me to woop their ass). We booked the first fight we could to get out of there.

Reaction Score
Final 4 is set for a while. A Texas sites (San Antonio in 2025 and Dallas in 2030), back to Detroit again in 2028. Indianapolis twice (2026 and 2029). Vegas in 2028 is the only new location. Nashville is getting a new stadium soon, so I would expect a FF there in the early 2030s.

Reaction Score

So you’re proposing moving the Final Four based on the results of the Elite 8?? ;) Would be a logistical challenge.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Final 4 is set for a while. A Texas sites (San Antonio in 2025 and Dallas in 2030), back to Detroit again in 2028. Indianapolis twice (2026 and 2029). Vegas in 2028 is the only new location. Nashville is getting a new stadium soon, so I would expect a FF there in the early 2030s.
Detroit is a weird outlier here. Once should have been enough for a long while

Reaction Score
Arizona is in Tuscon, about an hour and a half away. ASU is in Tempe, in the Phoenix area.
But I'd have to imagine that there are tons of Arizona fans in Phoenix since it's the state school and Phoenix is the largest metro area in Arizona. It would be like if the Final Four was in Miami and Florida was there. Gainesville is 5 hours from Miami but there are a lot of Florida fans in the Miami area.

Way too far off to even worry about. The Huskies have a lot of work to do, and Arizona too, before I can even think about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom