Arianna Roberson commitment announcement is 11/8 at 6:30 p.m. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arianna Roberson commitment announcement is 11/8 at 6:30 p.m.

Reaction Score
I think somone said - after her First Night visit - that Arainna started following a number of UCONN folks on line - Twitter, etc...? That has to be a positive for us faithful BoneYarders and the team.
She also follows majority of the Duke team.

sun

Reaction Score
I would think that if a player visits a school a 2nd time so close to the start of the signing period. that it's to confirm that their impending decision was correct.
I can't help but think that most likely, it means that she has decided to go to Duke unless something during that visit made her change her mind.
The transfer portal certainly makes it easier to correct a mistake if a player later thinks that they made a bad choice.
She seems like a very smart young lady who wants to put her education first.
There may be other benefits involving Duke NIL opportunities that we don't know about that were included in her 2nd visit.

This is why the transfer portal was created, to help give youth a peace of mind guarantee that if they make a bad choice of schools then not to worry about it, because they'll get a 2nd bite at the apple.
There's nothing wrong with UConn accepting transfer players that already have a record of accomplishment & have gained some maturity.
That's simply become a part of modern coaching now - standard operating procedure - if a team has a real need for a special type of position player.
Even a top ranked player can transfer out just as easily as they can sign a letter of intent.
Just look at the top transfer players that have been in the national news.
I try not to anticpate where kids choose to go right after high school.
The kids who want to fulfill their childhood dream about attending UConn are the ones that I like the best.
They're not as indecisive about which school that they want to play for.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would think that if a player visits a school a 2nd time so close to the start of the signing period. that it's to confirm that their impending decision was correct.
I can't help but think that most likely, it means that she has decided to go to Duke unless something during that visit made her change her mind.
The transfer portal certainly makes it easier to correct a mistake if a player later thinks they made a bad choice.
She seems like a smart young lady who wants to put her education first.
There may be other benefits involving Duke NIL opportunities that we don't know about that were included in her 2nd visit.

This is why the transfer portal was created, to help give youth a peace of mind guarantee that if they make a bad choice then not to worry about it, because they'll get a 2nd bite at the apple.
There's nothing wrong with UConn accepting transfer players that already have a record of accomplishment & have gained some maturity.
That's simply become a part of modern coaching now - standard operating procedure - if a team has a real need for a special type of player.
Even a top rankedplayer can transfer out just as easily as they can sign a letter of intent.
Just look at the top transfer players that have been in the news.
I try not to anticpate where kids are going to go right after high school.
The young kids who want to fulfill their dream about attending UConn are the ones that I like the best.
They're not as indecisive about which school that they want to play for.
The transfer portal may not be as attractive now that the old rules are back in place, meaning that players will have to sit out one or two years, depending on the conference

sun

Reaction Score
The transfer portal may not be as attractive now that the old rules are back in place, meaning that players will have to sit out one or two years, depending on the conference
I didn't find any rule changes that affects the one time transfer without penalty.
Have I missed a new rule prohibiting a player from being alllowed to transfer one time without penalty within the transfer portal window?
Are any major conferences prohibiting first time transfers in or out?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Interesting, I had no idea that the "immediate eligibility for all first time undergraduate transfers" was not a permanent rule change.
Will transfers be able to request a waiver for immediate eligibility like before too?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I didn't find any rule changes that affects the one time transfer without penalty.
Have I missed a new rule prohibiting a player from being alllowed to transfer one time without penalty within the transfer portal window?
Are any major conferences prohibiting first time transfers in or out?

Sorry, you’re correct. The rule was changed in 2021. However, there are some conditions that need to be met or sitting out a year is still required. The link you gave lists them

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don’t pay much attention to who follows who on Instagram and have limited understanding of how it works, but I looked to see if I noticed anything. Those of you who know better can comment. if it means anything at all and if I have a clue what I’m looking at, it seems Coach Valley is following her ( and Strong) but no Duke coach is following her. Is that right and does it mean anything. I guess we will know in less than 24 hours.

Reaction Score
I don’t pay much attention to who follows who on Instagram and have limited understanding of how it works, but I looked to see if I noticed anything. Those of you who know better can comment. if it means anything at all and if I have a clue what I’m looking at, it seems Coach Valley is following her ( and Strong) but no Duke coach is following her. Is that right and does it mean anything. I guess we will know in less than 24 hours.
Kara’s lead assistant Tia Jackson follows her and so does one of her newer assistants Pierre Miller. Social media is social media. You can feed into or not. But like you said, we will find out sooner than later.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Anyone can follow a player, unless the account is private, so I find it more interesting to see who the player is following. Arianna is following a number of different coaches and players. No help there

Reaction Score
I did notice she recently followed the daughter of one of the Duke assistants. Again, could mean nothing. We can speculate all we want, luckily the answer is coming soon.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, KK announced her commitment just before a UConn game a few years ago. Fingers crossed that this is what Roberson is doing tomorrow as well. Keep the fingers crossed because UConn lost the game that same day when KK announced her commitment. So, let’s hope it does not bring the same juju

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, KK announced her commitment just before a UConn game a few years ago. Fingers crossed that this is what Roberson is doing tomorrow as well. Keep the fingers crossed because UConn lost the game that same day when KK announced her commitment. So, let’s hope it does not bring the same juju
KK announced her commitment after the game. It was against South Carolina.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom