Aresco sticking it to Uconn again.... | The Boneyard

Aresco sticking it to Uconn again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Had to know this was coming. 9 votes vs. 3 votes.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Had to know this was coming. 9 votes vs. 3 votes.

How exactly do the others get a vote on this without having played during that time period? On the other hand, if we're not complaining we must be agreeable for reasons to be named later.

Reaction Score
knowing this half baked league they probably had Rutgers & Louisville mail in votes.

Reaction Score
knowing this half baked league they probably had Rutgers & Louisville mail in votes.
Probably had the Catholics make the decision. the balance isn't going to the new schools, its going to the Vatican...

Reaction Score
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/coll...ce-has-plan-for-exit-fee-distribution/2122047

"Early reports had the three "incumbent" schools — USF, Cincinnati and Connecticut — receiving as much as $30 million each from that reserve, but the compromised figure is likely less substantial."

gregauman 2:17pm via Web
USF's Judy Genshaft on her approval of distribution plan for Big East exit fee pot: "It was very fair ... fair is not always equal."

gregauman 2:21pm via web
Genshaft said USF AD Doug Woolard was chair of group of American (AAC) athletic directors that created Big East exit-fee distribution plan.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How exactly do the others get a vote on this without having played during that time period? On the other hand, if we're not complaining we must be agreeable for reasons to be named later.

Dispersement of league assets is determined by league members.

You are being sarcastic, right? They really didn't vote on this did they? Right?

I'm sure they did. Equal distribution was never on the table politically. It's no way to start a relationship, but I am sure everyone got a little taste.

Reaction Score
"Genshaft also said she was pleased with the compromise reached on a distribution plan for the Big East's pot of exit fees and entrance fees, reported to be as much as $110 million. She said that USF athletic director Doug Woolard chaired a group of conference ADs that created the distribution plan, which is likely to give significantly larger shares to the existing Big East schools (USF, Cincinnati, UConn) compared to new arrivals from Conference USA."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/tampa-out-of-running-for-american-hoops-tournaments/2122200

Reaction Score
The other schools did not vote. No one expected it to be more than $20-25 million. The Catholics took $15m, the lawyers took another chunk, the league office is keeping yet another chunk, and the new schools are each getting $1m. But people forget that the NCAA bball credits left behind are not passed out by the NCAA each year. It takes the NCAA a number of years to deliver those credits. Since the schools that left CUSA were no longer eligible for credits from CUSA, it only makes sense that they would get some of those credits in the future.

Reaction Score
No - Notre Dame still calling the shots
Oh yeah, I forgot...but I don't think they are still 100% in control mainly because they aren't getting the full 110 million bucks...though it would be surprising if they proposed that!

Reaction Score
courant reporting UConn to get btw 20-22M. Conspiracy theorists would suggest that we agreed as equates to approx 10MM/year above what American provides (and therefore no real reduction in conf fees) as a bridge until we get to the next conference.

Reaction Score
courant reporting UConn to get btw 20-22M. Conspiracy theorists would suggest that we agreed as equates to approx 10MM/year above what American provides (and therefore no real reduction in conf fees) as a bridge until we get to the next conference.
I'm not sure that is so much a consipiracy theory as it is an optimistic reality. That money will keep us on par with the major conference members for the next three years. If we're not in a new conference in the next three years something went horribly horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom