Are you taking work off Tuesday?

Are you taking work off Tuesday?

• Yes

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • No

Votes: 59 68.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
My wife, who I just declared a genius, suggested that I take Tuesday off from teaching as a personal day.

Never considering it prior to her saying that, but as someone who rarely takes off work (all but one of my sick days throughout the last two school years were due to mandatory covid isolation), it makes a whole boatload of sense, even though I hate taking off work.

Of course, the flexibility of workspaces have changed this for many, but for those of you, like me, who do 100% of their work away from home, what's your plan of attack Tuesday?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I’ve been unemployed after a mass layoff since October. I got the call and was offered a fully remote job while pregaming at Legends ahead of the BET semifinal against Marquette.

They asked for a start date, I thought, man I don’t want to ask for too much time off, so I guess I’ll say Apr 3. I knew that was the date of the national championship, but I said to myself “there’s like no chance we’re getting to the national championship game”.

Well, here we are. My first day is Championship Monday. I don’t think I can ask for my 2nd day off…

But you bet your asz I’ll be on campus all evening on Monday.

Reaction Score
Spring break!!! Perks of being a teacher. I’ll be zombie daddy daycare though on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
The game is actually on Tuesday morning in my time zone (Japan), but unfortunately I can't take paid time off yet at my current job. Though it's a bit easier to go dark when no one around you is aware of the game.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I get Tuesday off anyway so it works out.

Reaction Score
I’m remote and always keep my camera off on MS Teams meetings, so…….nope will be working…barely

Reaction Score
I’ve been unemployed after a mass layoff since October. I got the call and was offered a fully remote job while pregaming at Legends ahead of the BET semifinal against Marquette.

They asked for a start date, I thought, man I don’t want to ask for too much time off, so I guess I’ll say Apr 3. I knew that was the date of the national championship, but I said to myself “there’s like no chance we’re getting to the national championship game”.

Well, here we are. My first day is Championship Monday. I don’t think I can ask for my 2nd day off…

But you bet your asz I’ll be on campus all evening on Monday.
I started my current job March 27, 2014. You can already see where I am going with this. My right index finger was 1mm away from pushing the enter button to getting tickets for Madison Square Garden for the Sweet 16. But I had to relent considering I might not get back home at a good hour which might lead me to oversleep Monday. And I was starting out as a contractor working part time hours with no benefits. They could've cut my arse at any time for the slightest mishap.

Reaction Score
Just going in late. So long as I can get someone to cover for me until mid morning. Have to be up by 4, so even going to bed immediately after the game is no picnic and if they win, I'm going to marinate in it for a little while at least.

Reaction Score
the worst was the 09 cuse BE tourney game. I had to be in the office for an “important “ meeting. I still watched the entire fiasco unfold to a loss

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For what? If the start time wasn’t so absurd it would be any other Tuesday. Tuesday is the one day we go into the office. Maybe I’ll go a bit later.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No. I'm a dedicated employee with responsibilities that need daily attention. And, a meeting Wednesday night that needs serious prep time.

Reaction Score
i have a call with my boss @ 8:30.... hungover in my Houston hotel room. To literally go over things i've talked him through two dozen times in anticipation of another meeting. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll be working Tuesday. The commute is probably going to suck with a raging hangover but it's only about 15' from bedroom to computer.

If traffic gets crazy I might even stop for a coffee in the kitchen before heading to the office.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
With the holiday on Friday, I can't afford to on short notice.

Reaction Score
Not a chance- I didn’t take off a day the entire year of the COVID-19 year in 2020- this heartful stressful event will not cause me to stay home- I would imagine the Huskies themselves wouldn’t take off on a comparable event- at least that’s the work ethic they’ve shown so far- LGH!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom