April recruiting thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

April recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wonder if some HS players are postponing their commitments as they wait out the transfer portal announcements from this year? If I am a post or PF or PG, maybe I want to know which team has added Betts, or Morrow or Hailey Van Lith who all have 2+ years of potential college eligibility left. It is always a changing environment in college ball, but with the increase in college transfers (and high quality transfers) the changes can now be monumental. LSU went from a dumpster to a darling in one year.

Reaction Score
I wonder if some HS players are postponing their commitments as they wait out the transfer portal announcements from this year? If I am a post or PF or PG, maybe I want to know which team has added Betts, or Morrow or Hailey Van Lith who all have 2+ years of potential college eligibility left. It is always a changing environment in college ball, but with the increase in college transfers (and high quality transfers) the changes can now be monumental. LSU went from a dumpster to a darling in one year.
I find the concept of " postponing their commitments" tantalizing.... but with the WBB player movement/ process
so "fluid" how is one to know if you are ahead of or behind the curve? Would a 4 - 5-star player be more likely
to go with a school with a relatively "stable" roster (whatever that is!!), or instead go where it " feels right" and
preserve that " one transfer " option as an escape hatch that may or may not be used? Then again Stanford would have
been one of those schools (IMO) that had perceived " stability" and looked what happened there! I believe
some schools will perennially be rapid turnover institutions e.g. MARYLAND. I think it all depends on what
type of school "culture" and risk each player (and their parents) are drawn to. I would be more in the Tortoise
rather than the "quick to jump" hare type. Any opinons out there?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I find the concept of " postponing their commitments" tantalizing.... but with the WBB player movement/ process
so "fluid" how is one to know if you are ahead of or behind the curve? Would a 4 - 5-star player be more likely
to go with a school with a relatively "stable" roster (whatever that is!!), or instead go where it " feels right" and
preserve that " one transfer " option as an escape hatch that may or may not be used? Then again Stanford would have
been one of those schools (IMO) that had perceived " stability" and looked what happened there! I believe
some schools will perennially be rapid turnover institutions e.g. MARYLAND. I think it all depends on what
type of school "culture" and risk each player (and their parents) are drawn to. I would be more in the Tortoise
Who knows how the mind of all these HS juniors work. And I think it varies a lot between them - some have know where they want to go from a young age and it doesn't matter who is on the team, others have no clue until they make visits. Some want to play with sisters or friends, some want a specific environment or region, some want academic rigor, some ...

For some, it is clear the specific make-up of a team is important, while others are so secure in their own talent that they do not care.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
If I am good enough to be accepted by my dream school, I jump in with both feet. I take the plunge, after all tomorrow is guaranteed to no one. I take my place and go for it. That said not all have that mind set, not sure where they fit in. On the other side from a university head coach, do I accept a player who's dream it is to join my program while they are a very good player or do I wait and maybe land the top prospect? A no brainer for me, I jump on the player who's dream it is to play for me. A player who I know will be coachable and be an excellent team player who accepts her roll and works her butt off.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This is Toby Fournier’s past year: Two-time BioSteel All-Canadian MVP, 2023 BioSteel Basketball Player of the Year, 2023 OSBA champion, OSBA Girls Finals MVP, 2023 Grind Session MVP, and 2022 BioSteel All-Canadian Slam Dunk co-champion.

It quickly became obvious why the 6’1” power forward for Crestwood Prep is teeming with accolades. The first thing that stood out was her boundless energy. She’s a force on both ends of the floor and simply impacted the game in more ways than any of the other nine players sharing the court.

Extra effort plays come naturally to her, and she does all the little things so habitually it makes you think she could do them for 40 minutes every single game if she had to, and she’d still probably lead her team in scoring.

Fournier’s rise to fame came from her dunking ability at a young age, but there’s always been more to her offence. In fact, she didn’t need to make a dunk on Sunday afternoon to earn MVP honours (she attempted one and missed it). She has an old school post game that would make Kevin McHale proud. She’s great at creating openings with her footwork and wit. Her craftiness around the basket is complimented by her ability to finish in whichever way the play demands.

Reaction Score
This is Toby Fournier’s past year: Two-time BioSteel All-Canadian MVP, 2023 BioSteel Basketball Player of the Year, 2023 OSBA champion, OSBA Girls Finals MVP, 2023 Grind Session MVP, and 2022 BioSteel All-Canadian Slam Dunk co-champion.

It quickly became obvious why the 6’1” power forward for Crestwood Prep is teeming with accolades. The first thing that stood out was her boundless energy. She’s a force on both ends of the floor and simply impacted the game in more ways than any of the other nine players sharing the court.

Extra effort plays come naturally to her, and she does all the little things so habitually it makes you think she could do them for 40 minutes every single game if she had to, and she’d still probably lead her team in scoring.

Fournier’s rise to fame came from her dunking ability at a young age, but there’s always been more to her offence. In fact, she didn’t need to make a dunk on Sunday afternoon to earn MVP honours (she attempted one and missed it). She has an old school post game that would make Kevin McHale proud. She’s great at creating openings with her footwork and wit. Her craftiness around the basket is complimented by her ability to finish in whichever way the play demands.

Glad to see people are actually catching on to this kid's game. ;)

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
If coach can somehow manage to get the lefty magician to come to Storrs he may never retire.
ezgif.com-crop-min.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer