AP Poll - Week 6 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 6

Reaction Score
Seems we could play with a chip this week?!?
Unfortunately we are literally not playing this week lol nothing until Saturday with Butler

I would be very scared if I were a fan of any team we play until we are #1. If I’m Hurley I’m having this team blow out everyone by as much as humanly possible and keep making these idiot voters look as clueless as they are.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
post nazi
ron burgundy GIF

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I look at this and am reminded that there was one single “sports writer” who didn’t vote for Jeter as a first ballot MLB Hall of Famer. I.e some people are just incredibly desperate to have their name in lights for any dumb reason.
Right, or they'll pick out one obscure metric that goes against the grain and make that their number 1 consideration in voting to be edgy.

Reaction Score
Even though it took Perdue overtime to barely beat Nebraska, they do already have 5 quad 1 wins. I am ok being behind them…. For now.
Latest rankings must have dropped somebody becaus Purdue is now at 4 quad one wins. And they only have the one additional quad two win. UConn has three and three. For what its worth, Sagarin has us with 5 wins against top 50 teams.

Reaction Score
They are playing well, this will be a much bigger test than Florida on the road by all indications.

Plus what really gives me the heebie jeebies is it's simply first league game. We've are 1-9 in the opener the last 10 years I think. Combine that with a huge target on our back being undefeated, and a huge opportunity for Butler to set themselves up for being in a post season conversation and it's going be a heavy lift.

For that exact reason, I like it though. It seems like a great time for a road league opener against a good team, because every challenge we've faced so far we aced. This team seems to relish "tests" .
What I don't like about the Butler game is it comes right after finals. Player's minds are rightly on other things this week.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately we are literally not playing this week lol nothing until Saturday with Butler

I would be very scared if I were a fan of any team we play until we are #1. If I’m Hurley I’m having this team blow out everyone by as much as humanly possible and keep making these idiot voters look as clueless as they are.
screw the voters blow them out anyways

Reaction Score
So what happens when #5 Houston takes down #2 Virginia on Saturday? Man, what a bizarre system if they somehow leapfrog UConn.
I think we would slide into #2. Houston wouldn't get any first place votes since they have a loss. Purdue and UConn likely split UVA's first place votes

Reaction Score
I look at this and am reminded that there was one single “sports writer” who didn’t vote for Jeter as a first ballot MLB Hall of Famer. I.e some people are just incredibly desperate to have their name in lights for any dumb reason.
Mariano is the only MLB player to ever get 100% of the vote and Jeter is the next highest percentage. They certainly aren't the two greatest baseball players ever.

Reaction Score
Set aside the eye test and the actual wins on our resume. There’s simply no excuse for us to not be ranked #1 and if we aren’t, it’s due to bias that we know exists

The Huskies are No. 1 at KenPom and No. 1 in Sagarin, they are ahead of Purdue and Virginia in ESPN's Basketball Power Index (BPI) and they are the only team ranked in the top 10 in both adjusted offensive efficiency and adjusted defensive efficiency
Simply not true. As I posted in the prediction thread, the voters go by very simple rules. Win, move up, lose, move down, undefeated teams ahead of teams with one loss, ahead of teams with 2. A monkey could predict how the polls will change. We're not moving up from #3 until Purdue or Virginia lose

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think we would slide into #2. Houston wouldn't get any first place votes since they have a loss. Purdue and UConn likely split UVA's first place votes
Yes but look at all the territory we could get on the "Undefeated Map"!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes but look at all the territory we could get on the "Undefeated Map"!
New Mexico and UConn could be the only 2 in play and UConn fans would argue that West Texas close to CT.

Reaction Score

#3 with 15 1st place votes

Ah, highest for Bama since 2006. Wasn't the same season, but that was the same era for Bama basketball as in 2004 when serious Bama vs. Uconn action took place. Bama both rained threes on Syracuse (aw, so sad) and then we rained threes on them on the way to championship#2 and the greatest 2 minutes of UConn basketball of all time:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom