Reaction Score
What I would like to see to finish the regular season
1. Win the BE regular season title.
2. Win the BETZ
3. one seed in the east

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm not one for complaining about disrespect but Purdue has 3 bad losses and we lost on the road to the 12th ranked team. You could make a good case we should still be #1, but we're better than Purdue. I get the arguments the other way but we are crushing teams and had 1 bad loss to a good team that shot the lights out at home.

Reaction Score
I'm not one for complaining about disrespect but Purdue has a lot of bad losses and we lost on the road to the 12th ranked team. You could make a good case we should still be #1, but we're better than Purdue. I get the arguments the other way but we are crushing teams and had 1 bad loss to a good team that shot the lights out at home.
Seaton Hall was devastating. I can't wait when we kick their butt on Sunday

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I saw this in Borges' article about the #3 ranking. Wasn't aware of that.

Also, for the first time, there will be an AP Top 25 poll released the day after the national championship game.
All the whining from couches about not caring about anything but being number 1 in April really paid off

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Recency bias. We were #1 over Purdue and Houston a few weeks ago. All 3 teams have each lost one game since then. Only reason we fell to 3 is because we lost most recently.
It was recency bias that allowed us to jump them. Overall their resume is a little better. It's a virtual tie, which is fine.

Looking at the top 10 and projecting seeds, I expect UNC will get that 2 seed, not Iowa State. Makes for interesting regionals. Marquette can't be in ours. Kansas can't be in Houston's. South regional is Dallas. Midwest is Detroit.

West: Arizona; Kansas/Marquette
Midwest: Purdue; Kansas/Marquette
East: UConn, UNC/Tennessee
South: Houston, Tennessee/UNC

Reaction Score
It was recency bias that allowed us to jump them. Overall their resume is a little better. It's a virtual tie, which is fine.

Looking at the top 10 and projecting seeds, I expect UNC will get that 2 seed, not Iowa State. Makes for interesting regionals. Marquette can't be in ours. Kansas can't be in Houston's. South regional is Dallas. Midwest is Detroit.

Tennessee is the two seed I'd most like to avoid they have a brutal final stretch but if they win out it'll be mute they'll get the final 1 even if Zona wins out as well

Reaction Score
I saw this in Borges' article about the #3 ranking. Wasn't aware of that.

Also, for the first time, there will be an AP Top 25 poll released the day after the national championship game.
Well now….that’s going to skew forever the “most weeks at #1” rankings.

26 weeks at #1 before next game in November.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn is #2 in the USA Today Coaches poll. One point ahead of Purdue.
Purdue is #2 in the AP poll. One point ahead of UConn.

In both polls UConn has more first place votes.

It's a push.
In the USA Today Coaches poll, UConn is #2 by one point over Purdue, but Purdue has one more 1st place vote than UConn.

Still a push, and no big deal. I just liked that the #2 team had the 1-point margin, but 1 fewer votes for #1 in each case.

Reaction Score

If Marquette is a 2 or 3 seed can't they be in the same regional as UConn? I believe they can.

Reaction Score
Anyone see cbs bracketology? Has us in the Midwest and Purdue in the East? Any idea how/why it would shake out that way?

Reaction Score
Anyone see cbs bracketology? Has us in the Midwest and Purdue in the East? Any idea how/why it would shake out that way?
I saw the same. Take a look at his bracket (click on Bracketology). He has it right there so he just messed up on the front page.

Reaction Score
Disrepect or undervaluing UConn has never hurt us. So 2 goals. 1. Enter the tourney healthy. 2. Enter the tourney healthy. After that the NCAA tourney is a crapshoot and nothing can be taken for granted. Hurley then motivates the team and the coaching staff prepares for maximum effort. I don’t care whether we win the BE or BE tourney though it would say we’re playing well, yet….that assures nothing. Just ask Marquette.

Reaction Score
Recency bias. We were #1 over Purdue and Houston a few weeks ago. All 3 teams have each lost one game since then. Only reason we fell to 3 is because we lost most recently.
Houston did have a great week though. Beating Iowa State and @Baylor is pretty damn good. Good for them and their fans.

As others have said, being #1 in the East is all that matters, and barring an absolute meltdown, they should get that.

Reaction Score
Arizona State.

How are they ranked as the 34th best team in the country?

7th place in a weak PAC-12 and 14-14 overall. Recently beaten by 44 points on their home court by Arizona.

Reaction Score
Oh that should be meaningful. I predict Duke will be #1:cool:
That was my original thought as well, but in reality this might ultimately serve to undermine Dook's various contentions that they were #1 in the 'final' AP poll. This will serve to both illustrate that a poll is irrelevant and spark lots of inane debate between who is #3 or 4, who is 5-8 etc...

Reaction Score
Arizona State.

How are they ranked as the 34th best team in the country?

7th place in a weak PAC-12 and 14-14 overall. Recently beaten by 44 points on their home court by Arizona.
One guy voted them 9th, which gave them 17 points. Not sure if it was a typo or what. He voted Arizona 6th, so it wasn't a situation where he ranked ASU instead of them.

Edit: This same guy is one of the 5 that still has us #1, so his rankings seem great to me and I say ASU is just good.

Reaction Score
One guy voted them 9th, which gave them 17 points. Not sure if it was a typo or what. He voted Arizona 6th, so it wasn't a situation where he ranked ASU instead of them.

Edit: This same guy is one of the 5 that still has us #1, so his rankings seem great to me and I say ASU is just good.

I wonder what dirt the Hurley family has on this guy? ;)

Reaction Score

Looking through his ballot and I have no idea who he meant to put at 9. Every other team he could conceivably have ranked with State or Arizona in the name is on his ballot. All the teams he had ranked the week prior that dropped off like Colorado State and Dayton lost. My best guess is Auburn who's close alphabetically but he has at 17. Maybe he meant to put them at 9 and then when he got to 17 saw he didn't have them ranked yet and threw them in without double checking. Maybe Utah State, but unranked to 9 would be crazy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom