AP COY, POY | The Boneyard

AP COY, POY

Reaction Score
The twitter responses are depressing. Not saying she deserved it or not but its a little uneasy to see people dismiss the accomplishments the players and coaches did this year in such a short time. I expected improvement but certainly not jumping from 9 to 26 wins. There were lots of other things they accomplished people may not have known. This was the same team that went 9-13 a year ago and hadn't won a NCAAT game in over 8 years.

More than anything I am happy for the program and players. What they did has touched this community in a lot of ways. Its been amazing to see the support go up. This year, the attendance was greater than the last 4 seasons combined. I was happy to see players like Pointer, Cherry, Aifuwa get to play in front of a packed crowd and get to end their careers on a great note. Those kids deserved the world.

Congratulations to Boston, she is a special talent. Unfortunately the rest of us have to deal with her for at least another year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both were well deserved IMO.
Agreed. Kellie getting Rookie COY at UF was well deserved as well. Proud of this conference for seeming to invest in WBB as a whole. A lot of teams are devoting time and effort to upping their games and I never thought I'd see that happen. Great for the game and I am all for anything that grows this sport.

Reaction Score
You won’t hear an SEC chant from SC people I assure you. LOL
Been a Gamecock for 50 yrs and although I'm proud to be in the SEC and proud that other teams here have decided to invest in WBB, I've never seriously chanted that. I guess I should've also noted sarcasm intended on the "insert SEC chant here" part.

It's funny to me that ppl have commented that it's the "bottom feeders" in the SEC that chant this and have specifically mentioned us in relation to FB as being assumed to have done so, yet we have never chanted this. However, Alabama fans have and there's video on You Tube proving it. Hahahaha

Reaction Score
The twitter responses are depressing. Not saying she deserved it or not but its a little uneasy to see people dismiss the accomplishments the players and coaches did this year in such a short time. I expected improvement but certainly not jumping from 9 to 26 wins. There were lots of other things they accomplished people may not have known. This was the same team that went 9-13 a year ago and hadn't won a NCAAT game in over 8 years.

More than anything I am happy for the program and players. What they did has touched this community in a lot of ways. Its been amazing to see the support go up. This year, the attendance was greater than the last 4 seasons combined. I was happy to see players like Pointer, Cherry, Aifuwa get to play in front of a packed crowd and get to end their careers on a great note. Those kids deserved the world.

Congratulations to Boston, she is a special talent. Unfortunately the rest of us have to deal with her for at least another year.
Everything Louisiana been through. It's really refreshing to have someone who is in these communities. A lot of people here really embrace this. LSU is a huge part of most of South Louisiana's lifestyle. Our lifestyle.

Many that I interact with in the sports world never payed any attention to the women's basketball program. Now they are bought in.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

Unfortunately, you will get to see how much others do not like Mulkey nor do they give her a chance, much less any recognition. Many think they know her, but really don't. Her players have never deserved the nonsense they have/had to hear about her. If she was that bad, her players wouldn't LOVE her! She deserved the award as she and the team accomplished so much more than expected. I'm happy for the players you mentioned - good kids and deserve the attention/audience.

Congrats to Boston! Well deserved, as well.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
mulkey.jpg

Congratulations to Coach Mulkey.

Reaction Score
Been a Gamecock for 50 yrs and although I'm proud to be in the SEC and proud that other teams here have decided to invest in WBB, I've never seriously chanted that. I guess I should've also noted sarcasm intended on the "insert SEC chant here" part.

It's funny to me that ppl have commented that it's the "bottom feeders" in the SEC that chant this and have specifically mentioned us in relation to FB as being assumed to have done so, yet we have never chanted this. However, Alabama fans have and there's video on You Tube proving it. Hahahaha
It’s Southerners who do it. Plenty of SEC fans and (too many) alumni who aren’t, so they don’t get it.

And, yes - Carolina fans have chanted it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom