A’ja, Lou, Ionescu, Durr, Vivians
2nd Team
Kelani Brown, Kelsey Mitchell, Gabby, Megan Gustafson, Ogunbowale
3rd Team
Pheesa, McCowan, Canada, Lexie Brown, Hines-Allen
Honorable Mention
Kia was among the 15-20 other names

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with the first or second team selections, although some will try. :rolleyes:
Everyone on the first team got it done this year, and their teams are still playing.
I agree, can’t really argue with it. Aside from Gustafson. I mean played in the weakest power 5 conference by far and her team was average in the league. Knocked out in first round. Head scratcher to me to put her over Pheesa.

Reaction Score
I'm only sad that Kia will not see her number on the wall of honor.
There’s still the WBCA team to be announced. But I really believe she wins DPOY but doesn’t make that team. However, has UConn ever had a defensive player of the year that wasn’t on the WBCA team? To me, that’s elite company and deserves a spot on the wall with or without the AA honor.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While I do understand, I find schools that tweet/publicize a player as an All American when one of their players receive an Honorable Mention disingenuous.

Reaction Score
Honorable Mention (alphabetical order)

Ariel Atkins, Texas; Kenisha Bell, Minnesota; Tashia Brown, Western Kentucky; Natalie Butler, George Mason; Bridget Carleton, Iowa State; Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M; Lauren Cox, Baylor; Sophie Cunningham, Missouri; Katelynn Flaherty, Michigan; Loryn Goodwin, Oklahoma State; Marie Gulich, Oregon State; Ruthy Hebard, Oregon; Kaylee Jensen, Oklahoma State; Maria Jespersen, South Florida; Brooke McCarty, Texas; Brittany McPhee, Stanford; Tinara Moore, Central Michigan; Teana Muldrow, West Virginia; Kia Nurse, UConn; Jaime Nared, Tennessee; Shakayla Thomas, Florida State; Morgan William, Mississippi State; Imani Wright, Florida State.

Reaction Score
More detail

Wilson headlines AP women's All-America team

Lou finished 2nd in votes. A'ja was unanimous

Jespersen made HM, but not Laksa.

Natalie Butler made HM!!
Congrats to the Core Four!!! Well Deserved. Interesting how close the voting was between Aja and Lou... 2 first place votes and 4 points. Interesting given the "pre-ordained" situation going on.

Reaction Score
Muffet needs a recount. Her player of the year barely makes 2nd team. Must be a mistake.

:eek:
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again...Ogunbowale is the most overrated player out there. Volume shooter with below average percentage and other stats are not good either for how much the ball is in her hands. Struggles against the top dogs.

Reaction Score
Wasn't even close between Durr and Ogunbuwale. Interesting.

I can picture McGraw looking at this list and saying “That person listed under first team isn’t as deserving as Arike.” I should go check out her tweets.

Reaction Score
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again...Ogunbowale is the most overrated player out there. Volume shooter with below average percentage and other stats are not good either for how much the ball is in her hands. Struggles against the top dogs.

Kelsey Mitchell. She's a throw-it-up-and- hope player. Kia is far superior.

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Core Four!!! Well Deserved. Interesting how close the voting was between Aja and Lou... 2 first place votes and 4 points. Interesting given the "pre-ordained" situation going on.
And...it's kind of cool that the photo at the top of the article is Lou shooting a 3... rather than????
:);):cool:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Her shooting percentage is solid for a high-volume shooter. She is at 45.3% on 596 FGA. Kelsey Mitchell was 44.8% on 643 FGA. Durr is 44.6% on 527 FGA.

But you were talking about how overrated she was in the A&M game thread and she ended up with 27 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast. So maybe your dislike isn't purely rational.

Realistically, ND is 32-3 against the #1 SOS. *Someone* is going to get the All-America hype, so it falls on Ogunbowale as the leading scorer. Maybe she is overrated, but Mabrey and Young are probably underrated, so it's a wash. Think of that as the Notre Dame "spot" if it helps.

And if you really think no one on ND belongs on the All-American team this year, then McGraw must be the Coach of the Year for sure...

Reaction Score
I agree, can’t really argue with it. Aside from Gustafson. I mean played in the weakest power 5 conference by far and her team was average in the league. Knocked out in first round. Head scratcher to me to put her over Pheesa.
I have seen quite a few of Gustafson's games this year and IMO, she is deserving. She led the nation in scoring, was 5th in rebounding and led her team all season while being keyed on by their opponents defenses. While the B1G may be the weakest Power 5 conference in your opinion, it is still a better conference than the AAC, so I am not sure why her conference matters. All of UConn's best opponents are out of conference, with the possible exception of USF (who didn't fare so well in the NCAA tournament either). Megan doesn't have the supporting cast that Collier does, so she has to play her best in every game in order for her team to have a chance to win. Your women - as great as they all are individually - have a teammate or two who can pick up the slack if one of them has an off night. She delivered throughout the season and is a terrific player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Her shooting percentage is solid for a high-volume shooter. She is at 45.3% on 596 FGA. Kelsey Mitchell was 44.8% on 643 FGA. Durr is 44.6% on 527 FGA.

But you were talking about how overrated she was in the A&M game thread and she ended up with 27 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast. So maybe your dislike isn't purely rational.

Realistically, ND is 32-3 against the #1 SOS. *Someone* is going to get the All-America hype, so it falls on Ogunbowale as the leading scorer. Maybe she is overrated, but Mabrey and Young are probably underrated, so it's a wash. Think of that as the Notre Dame "spot" if it helps.

And if you really think no one on ND belongs on the All-American team this year, then McGraw must be the Coach of the Year for sure...

Definitely agree. I am surprised Mabrey did not make Honorable mention. While her season average numbers may be an issue, she comes out for the biggest games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom