Anyone remember which kids looked best at McDonalds game? | The Boneyard

Anyone remember which kids looked best at McDonalds game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And, either of our two signees show much there? From the little I remember, the announcers did a lousy job of letting you know who was on the floor, who passed it, who shot it etc....and I had no clue what was going on.
Now that there are a lot of signings, was hoping someone could provide some insights here.........thanks

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Williams dnp because she is still rehabbing her knee. Edwards started but played very little and didn't score. Guard from NYC headed to Fl State stood out, but rarely passed the ball. The big kid going to ND looked good.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
And, either of our two signees show much there? From the little I remember, the announcers did a lousy job of letting you know who was on the floor, who passed it, who shot it etc....and I had no clue what was going on.
Now that there are a lot of signings, was hoping someone could provide some insights here....thanks

The recent commits (i.e. Collier, Boykin) are juniors. Not sure if that's what you meant by "now that there are a lot of signings." They won't have their chance to play in the McDonald's game until next April.

As for the HS seniors, Gabby Williams, of course, did not play due to her knee injury. Sadie Edwards didn't play very much...only about 10 minutes if I recall correctly. Brianna Turner (Notre Dame) was named MVP. Some standouts for me were Shakayla Thomas (Florida St.), Ariel Atkins (Texas), Jordin Canada (UCLA), and the much talked about A'ja Wilson, (So. Carolina).

U

UCONNfan1

Who was the post player who tore it up? Rice who's going to Kentucky? I thought I read lots were really impressed with her too...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who was the post player who tore it up? Rice who's going to Kentucky? I thought I read lots were really impressed with her too...

Some people had good things to say about Belton..

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Rice looked good. She had 4 blocks, including at least one on A'ja Wilson. Belton was good as well. Only shot 3-11 but that understates how strong she looked in the paint.

Another standout I forgot about was Jamie Nared (Tennessee).

Here is the box score.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
yep!

I was there.

Stand outs for me at the game were Jordin Canada (UCLA), Shakayla Thomas (FSU), Ariel Atkins (Texas) were the best players in my eyes on the court. Canada looked the best.

What I was intrigued by the most was the post players not named Wilson or Turner.

Two unknowns who to me stood out. Alyssia Rice (Kentucky) and Chatrice White (Illinois). Solid fundamental players with size and basketball IQ.

One other player I remember vividly, not because she did anything spectacular but because she basically jogged from one end of the court to the next. Several times not making it over half court before the ball was already headed in the other direction.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Williams dnp because she is still rehabbing her knee. Edwards started but played very little and didn't score. Guard from NYC headed to Fl State stood out, but rarely passed the ball. The big kid going to ND looked good.
I watched the game 3-4 times/dvr'd! Sadie Edwards played much less than most for som reason. Plus the names and numbers were hard to make out on those crazy uniforms. Shakayla Edwards, wing going to Fl State, I think will be a possible NPOY candidate. Ariel Atkins, tall forward heading to Texas looked absolutely awesome. Brianna Turner /ND looked real good. Even Westbeld who we missed recruiting looked solid. So Car scored big with B Cueavas and Jatarie White and Wilson. A couple others had moments, guards heading to Tenn and UCLA. I thought lynea Belton, going to Duke looked to me like she is close to being ready to really pound in the paint!
It's funny, uconn gets all the best players, but 23/24 great players in that game are going elsewhere! Hmmmm, interesting, ( Texas, UCLA, so car, ND scored big with multiple recruits) tenn got Nared too I think who looked good. Aja got pushed around a bit, but you could see all those tools she has.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
yep!

I was there.

Stand outs for me at the game were Jordin Canada (UCLA), Shakayla Thomas (FSU), Ariel Atkins (Texas) were the best players in my eyes on the court. Canada looked the best.

What I was intrigued by the most was the post players not named Wilson or Turner.

Two unknowns who to me stood out. Alyssia Rice (Kentucky) and Chatrice White (Illinois). Solid fundamental players with size and basketball IQ.

One other player I remember vividly, not because she did anything spectacular but because she basically jogged from one end of the court to the next. Several times not making it over half court before the ball was already headed in the other direction.
husky - Jordin Canada- couldn't think of her name. Dynamite!!!!

Reaction Score
The recent commits (i.e. Collier, Boykin) are juniors. Not sure if that's what you meant by "now that there are a lot of signings." They won't have their chance to play in the McDonald's game until next April.

As for the HS seniors, Gabby Williams, of course, did not play due to her knee injury. Sadie Edwards didn't play very much...only about 10 minutes if I recall correctly. Brianna Turner (Notre Dame) was named MVP. Some standouts for me were Shakayla Thomas (Florida St.), Ariel Atkins (Texas), Jordin Canada (UCLA), and the much talked about A'ja Wilson, (So. Carolina).

ORANG: Oh brother.....just another sign of age taking it's toll over here. I was thinking it was the 2015 kids (the "lot of signings" that you reference) and, obviously, it was the 2014 kids in the McD game. But, very interesting to get this refresh on the observations which you folks had made during the game.

Reaction Score
ALL: thank you....my screw up as you can see in my note to ORANG. But your posts on this are all very interesting. Serves to remind me, and perhaps
others, that there are some VERY good squads being assembled....and that we should perhaps keep our
expectations for UCONN in some reasonable bounds......a lot of talent out there. That said, I'm as enthused as
anyone about how we've been doing on the floor and with recruiting.....and hope that our wildest imaginings are realized.

Reaction Score
Nared looks likes she's will be good if she doesn't get lost in the shuffle at tenn. To me she doesn't fit the usual tenn recruit. I think over time she is gonna be really really good for them.

Reaction Score
UC: interesting comment. Would you be comfortable elaborating on that "usual Tenn recruit" notion? And, now does Nared differ from what you see as the usual?

Reaction Score
Without going into it too much she seems like she could be a star at a stanford or uconn a more controlled or structured team play. but some of the newer tenn players seem like they are moving in the correct direction, but hey what do I know. I think that's probably why some people didn't notice her at the all star game but I did

Reaction Score
UC: Appreciate your response and understand your view. Thank you.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Last all star games I attended was the 2011 and I was there for the boys as I have friends in the Oakland Soldiers org. Ie Aaron Gordon, Stanley Johnson. In 2011 it was felt that Josiah Turner and Nick Johnson were snubbed that year. This happens everywhere and the point I am getting at is that these are just all star money making events, mainly for the boys but even on the girls side they don't give a true picture of basketball.

That year Ewill was MVP on the girls side but that was not the case in the game they played prior to the one shown on TV where the west won and Kaleena played well. Just as Stanley Johnson barely touched the ball in his TV game having played great prior. Certain players decide Not to pass the ball and in 2011 both Peoples and Crook Williams did just that.

There is usually little coaching and most players are at the mercy of the PGs who usually hog the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom