Anyone going down from here..to Greenville NC?? | The Boneyard

Anyone going down from here..to Greenville NC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
My mother lived in Greenville for five years. She happily moved to Montreal in 2000, and I've never had any further desire to visit Greenville again since.

Unless one lives within driving distance AND knows someone with whom s/he can stay, I don't understand why anyone would pay for the expense of the trip to watch a bad opponent get defeated handily...

Reaction Score
Philster and my dad, Dannykuconn are on their way down now.

And to respond to Alex, they are going not visiting anyone because they are both fans and I know from going to these road games pretty far against not the best competition (Syracuse, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh) that the players really appreciate the support and usually afafr the game my Dad gets to talk to the players at these smaller arenas.

That's a good reason to go in my eyes, I would be with them if I didn't have work

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A plus is that there are always great seats at these games. I used to go to all the Providence and Holy Cross away games just for that reason.

As for ECU, I'm sure the game will be a blowout, but they are one of the better teams in the conference. I know it's all relative but they are ranked 40th by Sagarin with a 9-3 record.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

And to respond to Alex, they are going not visiting anyone because they are both fans and I know from going to these road games pretty far against not the best competition (Syracuse, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh) that the players really appreciate the support and usually afafr the game my Dad gets to talk to the players at these smaller arenas.

That's a good reason to go in my eyes, I would be with them if I didn't have work
Well said David.

Besides it's gonna be almost 50F there tomorrow. That's even more reason. :D

Reaction Score
Well said David.

Thanks

Also with this conference ECU is a short drive, only Temple is close. No more Georgetown, Seton Hall, St. John's Providence ect. WVU, Syracuse also not bad drives

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score

danny.JPG

All border crossings have been notified... If Phil has any sense, he will hide DannyK under a blanket until they get to the arena. :rolleyes:

Go Huskies..!!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
David (in Naples) - I bet you have a large trove of pictorial evidence that will S.L.O.W.L.Y. emerge from the vaults of the Thanksgiving Tournament.....seriously, thanks for sharing on what is a cold and chilly December day in CT. (Does anyone have a better time than Danny??) Ah. Meyers would know!!!

Reaction Score
I will be there, wife's parents live 40 min from ECU and we're 3 hours from there. Add in the fact that the wife is an ECU alum.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I will be there, wife's parents live 40 min from ECU and we're 3 hours from there. Add in the fact that the wife is an ECU alum.
Was in Tulsa OK for their Thksgiving Football game. They looked great and had a good size crowd that traveled!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Greenville, NC is in the middle of nowhere. When I was in college in the mid-80's, a few friends and I packed up the Cavalier and drove from Columbia to Greenville, NC for a USC/ECU WBB game. I didn't think we'd ever get there. I knew we were in the wilderness when we asked one of their students for directions to their basketball arena and they had to think for a minute before they said, "Oh, you mean Minges". It looked like a high school gym inside.

Reaction Score

I live in Danville, Va, within shouting distance of NC state line. I would love to go as it really isn't that far for me, but I am currently babysitting for 2 of my great grand children. Hoping to go back to CT in March for AAC tournement.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Go to Parkers Barbecue for some yummy pig or chicken while there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom