Anyone from the ATL?? | The Boneyard

Anyone from the ATL??

Reaction Score
I am in Atlanta visiting my daughter. We are looking for some of the best soul food. Any suggestions?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I am in Atlanta visiting my daughter. We are looking for some of the best soul food. Any suggestions?
Lived in the Atlanta area for 15 years, my suggestion is to leave Ga. and head to New Orleans. You want decent BBQ, Atlanta is great.

Reaction Score
Busy Bee’s and Mr. Everything on MLK are my personal favorites but Granddaddy’s Pot in College Park (rough area) is very good too. If you don’t want to go that far near the Airport, Quality Time on the West End near Morehouse and Clark Atl is another quality restaurant.

Reaction Score
Busy Bee’s and Mr. Everything on MLK are my personal favorites but Granddaddy’s Pot in College Park (rough area) is very good too. If you don’t want to go that far near the Airport, Quality Time on the West End near Morehouse and Clark Atl is another quality restaurant.

Much appreciated

Reaction Score
I live in Atlanta and just learned about a few places I didn’t know. Thank you!

Reaction Score
Not sure where in ATL you are but these are a few in different areas.

Big Daddys kitchen
Paschals
Roc South
Twisted soul cookhouse and pours

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's probably too late, but next time you are in Atlanta check out Paschal's.... especially if it's on a Sunday and if they still have the Sunday Buffet. I was in Atlanta visiting friends years ago, and after church one Sunday, we went to Paschal's for dinner. DIdn't know what to expect, but when I walked in and saw that the cook's and servers look like they could have been my aunt's and great aunt's... I knew the food would be good. :D If you do go on a Sunday, make sure you have a bed available within a 30 minute drive of the restaurant.... cause you will be yearning for a post-meal nap. Take it from me.... I (my stomach) met my match at Paschal's :):):):cool::cool::D:D

This place is an Atlanta landmark:

I've been there as well, many moons ago. Enjoyable meal and atmosphere. They have an option where if you have a party of two or more, you can order your food family style..

Southern Special​

Choose any 3 entrees:​

• Baked Chicken Breast✦ & Dressing • Meatloaf • Chicken and Dumplings • Roast Pork & Dressing • Fried Chicken • Roast Turkey & Dressing

Choose your dessert:​

• Banana Pudding • Bread Pudding with Wine Sauce • Georgia Peach Cobbler

Choose any 3 sides:​

from our Mary Mac’s Fresh Vegetable Sides List

Served family, all you care to eat, dine in only for parties of 2 or more. Only one order per table. No doggie bags. Entire table must choose the Southern Special.

Reaction Score
It's probably too late, but next time you are in Atlanta check out Paschal's.... especially if it's on a Sunday and if they still have the Sunday Buffet. I was in Atlanta visiting friends years ago, and after church one Sunday, we went to Paschal's for dinner. DIdn't know what to expect, but when I walked in and saw that the cook's and servers look like they could have been my aunt's and great aunt's... I knew the food would be good. :D If you do go on a Sunday, make sure you have a bed available within a 30 minute drive of the restaurant.... cause you will be yearning for a post-meal nap. Take it from me.... I (my stomach) met my match at Paschal's :):):):cool::cool::D:D

I've been there as well, many moons ago. Enjoyable meal and atmosphere. They have an option where if you have a party of two or more, you can order your food family style..

Southern Special​

Choose any 3 entrees:​

• Baked Chicken Breast✦ & Dressing • Meatloaf • Chicken and Dumplings • Roast Pork & Dressing • Fried Chicken • Roast Turkey & Dressing

Choose your dessert:​

• Banana Pudding • Bread Pudding with Wine Sauce • Georgia Peach Cobbler

Choose any 3 sides:​

from our Mary Mac’s Fresh Vegetable Sides List

Served family, all you care to eat, dine in only for parties of 2 or more. Only one order per table. No doggie bags. Entire table must choose the Southern Special.

Not too late. We are going Friday before the dream/liberty game.

Reaction Score
Curious. How dd it go ?

We were supposed to go before we went to the ATL games. But they moved my daughters closing to Friday…sadly we didn’t go. Figured the game was more important

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom