Anybody hear what the D coach was screaming on the sidelines? | The Boneyard

Anybody hear what the D coach was screaming on the sidelines?

Reaction Score
At some point during the ECU game a defensive coach (I assume it was Crocker but maybe not) was absolutely screaming at the defense as they sat on the bench having just given up another score. I've never seen a UConn coach lose it like that before. Quite a change from Diaco's high 5's. I could hear him from the upper bowl but couldn't make out the words. He was down on one knee yelling at the top of his lungs motioning with his arm like he was hitting someone repeatedly. Then he walked away. Did anyone with better hearing catch what he was saying? Just curious.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He could have been angry about someone eating his jalepeno mac and cheese. That gets people in quite a stir at UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK so that was Wholley. Thanks for clarifying. I'd buy a ticket and pay for parking just to see that each week.
I heard it too. The words I heard, well, suck was not the word, but it is really close.
I loved seeing that too! They need guys with passion. That's what football is all about.
I like watching this offense. They are getting confident. The D needs to get confident. They need a couple big plays to get that way. It's coming.
When it gets here, we are going to really, really like watching the games.

Reaction Score
Think he was saying "you defensive backs are guarding the WR's to closely at the LOS, and don't bunch up so closely to the LOS on 3rd and short".

Reaction Score
Think he was saying "you defensive backs are guarding the WR's to closely at the LOS, and don't bunch up so closely to the LOS on 3rd and short".
I think that is close but I believe it was more like "Fellows hasten to the spheroid when our opponent attempts to progress it down the field. Come on, lads! Don't tarry now." Or words to that effect.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I heard it too. The words I heard, well, suck was not the word, but it is really close.
I loved seeing that too! They need guys with passion. That's what football is all about.
I like watching this offense. They are getting confident. The D needs to get confident. They need a couple big plays to get that way. It's coming.
I agree that the D just needs a couple picks or sacks to get going. The group has 0 mojo right now, they haven’t seen success so they’re not thinking about it. I hope they build some confidence vs a tough SMU Offense

Reaction Score

I taught you well wildgopher, remember paint the fence.

Reaction Score
Did anyone with better hearing catch what he was saying? Just curious.

Yeah it was the LB Coach, Coach Wholly. It was like 1/2 way thru the 3rd qtr, ECU just scored another TD. Defense came off the field, Wholly was fired up. He let 'em have it for a minute, walked away towards the sideline, came right back 3 seconds later and dropped no less than 4 F bombs, screaming. Couldn't hear exactly what he was saying, but our section (119, right behind the defense's bench) cheered after he walked away. Must've worked cuz I don't think ECU scored another point the rest of the game, over a quarter and a half.

Reaction Score
Yeah it was the LB Coach, Coach Wholly. It was like 1/2 way thru the 3rd qtr, ECU just scored another TD. Defense came off the field, Wholly was fired up. He let 'em have it for a minute, walked away towards the sideline, came right back 3 seconds later and dropped no less than 4 F bombs, screaming. Couldn't hear exactly what he was saying, but our section (119, right behind the defense's bench) cheered after he walked away. Must've worked cuz I don't think ECU scored another point the rest of the game, over a quarter and a half.

From the upper bowl it sounded like one long primordial scream. I don't think I've ever actually heard a coach from the upper bowl before. Probably will a few times this year though.

Reaction Score
............ I don't think I've ever actually heard a coach from the upper bowl before. Probably will a few times this year though.

Hopefully that is not a jab at stadium attendance.

Reaction Score
Hopefully that is not a jab at stadium attendance.

More a reflection of my expectations for the D this year.....but I do believe they will turn it around by next year. If not Wholley will lose his voice and maybe his mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom