Anybody getting a celebratory UConn tattoo? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anybody getting a celebratory UConn tattoo?

Reaction Score
I made a pact with a buddy last year if they won and ended up with this….Huskies Forever!
IMG_8167.jpeg

Reaction Score
The thought crossed my mind.

Issues:

Not huge on needles
Super picky about art
Don’t want a single image
Would go big or none, like a sleeve
Never had a tattoo
No clue on Artists (like photo realism)
No rush

Dare I? Or avoid.

Who’s got UConn body art?

I’m not writing Sliders & Curveballs Podcast on my leg. 11 yr old idea this morning.

I'm scared s---less of needles. I threw up at my last Covid shot from anxiety, but have no problem with tattoos. No idea why, but never bothered me. Just talk to a few artists and ask for their portfolio. Websites too. When you like someone's work, take the time to draw up and talk about what you want done with them. Planning is key to not getting a stupid tattoo.

For something big like you want, it will take a number of sessions, a ton of money, and good tattoo artists have a long wait. My guy is booked 8 months out right now.

I thought about getting another, UConn-themed one, but I'm cheap and not really sure what I would get. Right now I have a LOTR tatt on my leg, Dune one on my arm (I'm a nerd), the phrase "Blessed with venom" in Thai script around my collar bone, and a bloody crown on my back.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
For someone like OP, I wouldn’t go straight into a sleeve.

Maybe do a little montage type of thing with Calhoun, a Husky, a few trophies and put it somewhere decent. Then it’s a work of art, maybe multiple aspects and sessions not just a blank Husky logo.

I’m kinda with people that don’t want that simplistic. My dad had a Husky pet that I loved so I’m thinking his face in a somewhat abstract way but add a few UConn elements to make it connect

Reaction Score
The thought crossed my mind.

Issues:

Not huge on needles
Super picky about art
Don’t want a single image
Would go big or none, like a sleeve
Never had a tattoo
No clue on Artists (like photo realism)
No rush

Dare I? Or avoid.

Who’s got UConn body art?

I’m not writing Sliders & Curveballs Podcast on my leg. 11 yr old idea this morning.

Going from no tattoos to a full sleeve is a little extreme, IMO. Also pretty pricey, going to cost you well into 4 figures if you do it right.

Reaction Score
Very old joke, my Connecticut tattoo is only completely visible under certain situations.

Ps A hot sexy woman was the artist.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I'm scared s---less of needles. I threw up at my last Covid shot from anxiety, but have no problem with tattoos. No idea why, but never bothered me. Just talk to a few artists and ask for their portfolio. Websites too. When you like someone's work, take the time to draw up and talk about what you want done with them. Planning is key to not getting a stupid tattoo.

For something big like you want, it will take a number of sessions, a ton of money, and good tattoo artists have a long wait. My guy is booked 8 months out right now.

I thought about getting another, UConn-themed one, but I'm cheap and not really sure what I would get. Right now I have a LOTR tatt on my leg, Dune one on my arm (I'm a nerd), the phrase "Blessed with venom" in Thai script around my collar bone, and a bloody crown on my back.
Good advice. The good artists will most likely be booked out months which will give you time to sit on your idea and make sure it is something you absolutely want.

It will be tough to know how long a sleeve will take you to finish based on how long you can comfortably sit. I usually book 4-6 hour sessions, and depending on location can sit for longer. I only have my upper arms done, to t-shirt length, and would say those were some of the easiest areas I have had tattooed (I have my entire chest, back, ribs, one thigh, and both upper arms).

Do not let anybody fool you and say it does not "hurt." Everywhere hurts it's just a range of pain. Collarbone area and spine for me were the worst, anywhere where there is little muscle and is just skin on bone will be the most painful.

All of mine are Greek and Roman mythology themed, so UConn unfortunately has no spot to fit in, and room is limited.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
hard to take upside-down pictures of the inside of your knee after a few sodas.
Somehow, this tattoo manages to make derpy dog look happy. I like it.

Reaction Score
I know I’m too old and I’m not speaking for anyone other than me. But if the cost of UConn winning #6 was me having to get a tattoo, I would have rather not won the championship.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good advice. The good artists will most likely be booked out months which will give you time to sit on your idea and make sure it is something you absolutely want.

It will be tough to know how long a sleeve will take you to finish based on how long you can comfortably sit. I usually book 4-6 hour sessions, and depending on location can sit for longer. I only have my upper arms done, to t-shirt length, and would say those were some of the easiest areas I have had tattooed (I have my entire chest, back, ribs, one thigh, and both upper arms).

Do not let anybody fool you and say it does not "hurt." Everywhere hurts it's just a range of pain. Collarbone area and spine for me were the worst, anywhere where there is little muscle and is just skin on bone will be the most painful.

All of mine are Greek and Roman mythology themed, so UConn unfortunately has no spot to fit in, and room is limited.
Husky Cerebus with the heads being Derpy dog, the white dog, and the blue wolf versions of the logo.

Your welcome.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Husky Cerebus with the heads being Derpy dog, the white dog, and the blue wolf versions of the logo.

Your welcome.
Already have Cerebus on my chest.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I got my finger tattooed instead of a wedding ring, the inside of my finger near the webbing was maybe the worst pain of any spot so far.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Slightly off but on topic. Are any of you familiar with the 2 year court case and Artist Kat Von D- with her Miles Davis tattoo? Very interesting.

Watched Miami ink years ago. She’s great at portraits, but now sold her shop, left the game and has tattooed (over) in full black all her prior fortune teller, witchcraft stuff she no longer loved. That’s extreme tattooing. I think rapper MGK is doing it too. Wild. Looks extremely painful. That cannot be good for skin.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Slightly off but on topic. Are any of you familiar with the 2 year court case and Artist Kat Von D- with her Miles Davis tattoo? Very interesting.

Watched Miami ink years ago. She’s great at portraits, but now sold her shop, left the game and has tattooed (over) in full black all her prior fortune teller, witchcraft stuff she no longer loved. That’s extreme tattooing. I think rapper MGK is doing it too. Wild. Looks extremely painful. That cannot be good for skin.

MGK looks insane.

I can’t believe when people do that. I’m gonna be shocked if I ever think all black ink looks better than whatever my old tattoo is.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I have a tattoo of a husky on my right thigh. But I did get my husky after the 2014 national championship to commemorate it so she is a UConn related dog. So ipso facto it could be a UConn tattoo.

That’s what I’m gonna do, but it will intend to represent UConn and my fandom.

Might throw in 6 stars or something to represent specifically.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom