Anybody else concerned about Baylor? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anybody else concerned about Baylor?

Reaction Score
I will admit it. I was worried about Baylor and felt they had the best chance to beat UConn. I was not at the level of that guy who thought Baylor would win it all, but I thought their personnel should have been ale to overcome everyone but UConn. Wrong, wrong wrong. Maybe it's Mulkey's coaching, but they just did not have it tonight. They weren't bad. They just didn't have the killer instinct, or maybe MSU had it more.

Reaction Score
The only team in the entire tournament that I'm concerned with is Baylor for 2 reason:
1. The matchup problems that they present for our players
2. The margins that they are winning by.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Not now

Reaction Score
Just want to say that this was a reasonable thread based on a reasonable question. Indeed, we were all concerned about Baylor. that's different from the other guy who thought that Baylor should have been playing in the NBA or something.

And all the expressions of relief on this thread and on the Baylor-MS game thread demonstrate that, indeed, we were concerned. (that's the right word: concerned).

Reaction Score
Baylor just could not contain Morgan Williams, just like they had trouble with Dangerfield. Morgan Williams
did one heck of job on Baylor. Jones had 5 turnovers and Wallace had 7 for Baylor which did them in. My
hat is off to Miss State only 4 turnovers to Baylor's 17. That was a great performance on a big stage.

No we have the Final Four in Texas and Baylor is not there. Who wodda thunk it?

Reaction Score
The only team in the entire tournament that I'm concerned with is Baylor for 2 reason:

Not anymore :( or :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mississippi State will beat Baylor.

toast.gif

you called it

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Mulkey's team has 4 straight Elite 8 losses. It is mental but today was more about Miss. State winning it then Baylor losing it.

Reaction Score
Pr
I will admit it. I was worried about Baylor and felt they had the best chance to beat UConn. I was not at the level of that guy who thought Baylor would win it all, but I thought their personnel should have been ale to overcome everyone but UConn. Wrong, wrong wrong. Maybe it's Mulkey's coaching, but they just did not have it tonight. They weren't bad. They just didn't have the killer instinct, or maybe MSU had it more.
Problem was , noone wanted to address the point guard problem. A huge issue at this stage of the tourney !

Reaction Score

Not me! :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Baylor just could not contain Morgan Williams, just like they had trouble with Dangerfield. Morgan Williams
did one heck of job on Baylor. Jones had 5 turnovers and Wallace had 7 for Baylor which did them in. My
hat is off to Miss State only 4 turnovers to Baylor's 17. That was a great performance on a big stage.

No we have the Final Four in Texas and Baylor is not there. Who wodda thunk it?
Note: It's Morgan William (no "s"). People said she was too small to play at the next level. Kudos to her!! Maybe we'll see her matched up with Crystal at some point.

Speaking of small players, Jordin Canada was rated #4 in her HS class by HoopGurlz, 1 slot AHEAD of Kelsey Mitchell.

Reaction Score
Playing Miss. State will be like playing Baylor but without the home crowd. I still don't know how they will guard the 6'7" monster but I suspect our guards will be equally tough to guard for them. This will come down to possessions. Will the refs let Miss. State hack our girls to death and, if so, will we turn the ball over? That is it. If the number of shots attempted are within 10, UConn wins.

Reaction Score
Playing Miss. State will be like playing Baylor but without the home crowd. I still don't know how they will guard the 6'7" monster but I suspect our guards will be equally tough to guard for them. This will come down to possessions. Will the refs let Miss. State hack our girls to death and, if so, will we turn the ball over? That is it. If the number of shots attempted are within 10, UConn wins.
We need to beat Oregon first. That is not a foregone conclusion.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Talk about bad mojo!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom