Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You can't transfer in conference.
I really don't understand all the angst around grad transfers and the highly arbitrary rules imposed on this. I should understand given that it is the NCAA, the epitome of arbitrary rules, but I was a undergrad at UCONN that needed to "transfer" to a grad school in order to improve my chances of getting a job in my field. The same goes for a point guard like Anthony Collins. What if he felt that perhaps 1 year under as good a set of point guard coaches as there is would improve his chances of getting a job in his chosen field. He should be able to transfer to any school he can get into. Now he could apply to a school like Duke for graduate study on point guardology but he might not get in. UCONN on the other hand might be the right fit!

Reaction Score
To share a few grad transfer names I've heard...

-- Shonn Miller from Cornell, PF averaging 16.8/8.5
-- John Brown from High Point, SF averaging 19.0/5.9, Bilas called him the best dunker in the country
-- Damion Lee from Drexel, SG averaging 21.2/6.1

I could see any of those guys fitting in nicely. Miller and Brown both look big enough and athletic enough to play either frontcourt spot, and Lee is a huge guard, could probably play the 3 as well.

Reaction Score
Is he a grad transfer, though? As much as I hate BC I'm sad to see his career wasting away there.

I'm not sure just love his game and as you said, hat to see it wasted there. He and Jalen would look pretty good next year in the backcourt :D

Reaction Score
I'm not sure just love his game and as you said, hat to see it wasted there. He and Jalen would look pretty good next year in the backcourt :D

Hanlan isn't graduating this year, so he'd have to sit out next year, which he's not going to do.

Reaction Score
Hanlan isn't graduating this year, so he'd have to sit out next year, which he's not going to do.

I didn't know where he stood I was just hoping beyond hope. Thanks for the info I can go back to dreaming about what we have.

Reaction Score
He couldn't "take over for Boatright". He's averaging 1.7 APG in the West Coast Conference. He's a scoring guard, not a PG.
Its all how you play a team game. Im sure he was asked to score more there. Here he would need to be a primary PG with all responsibilities. I think you would take him?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow is he explosive. He would be perfect as a compliment to our guards. Jalen could come off the bench and we could start Purvis Hamilton and this kid at the guard positions--he could take over for Boatright without hesitation.

Head-hands.jpg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Its all how you play a team game. Im sure he was asked to score more there. Here he would need to be a primary PG with all responsibilities. I think you would take him?

I would take him for his scoring, but you have no way of knowing he has the requisite PG skills. The stats don't back it up and I doubt you've seen very many of his games.

Reaction Score
42 points against the University of Idaho Vandals. Now that deserves a bump to the lotto in the latest mock!

How many guys on our team can get 42 against freakin CCSU ever? Ok now take it back...........;)

We have guys who couldn't get 42 against a skeleton defense who will be on the roster next year!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Get the Cornell kid. This team is short on brains.

Reaction Score
Here's a video of John Brown. Good god. He reminds me a lot of Stanley Robinson.

Reaction Score
Harvey would opt for the draft before going to another school

Reaction Score
Harvey would opt for the draft before going to another school
People dont remember we played Eastern Washington last year and Harvey I think had 20 points. It was in Bridgeport. You never know what will happen. He was hurt all last month and his numbers dipped. If he can go through the tourney and put up big numbers--come out against a GOOD team in the 64 and give a similar performance--I think he'll go to the NBA. He can play 1 guard and hes a high volume 3 pt accurate shot--hes easily a top 40 pick who can play himself into rd 1. Very weak in guard selection this draft. Would love him at Uconn but I doubt it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
On tonight's episode of HarveyWatch (TM), 9 points on 3-8 shooting against the Sacramento State Hornets. Ooh-wee.

Reaction Score
On tonight's episode of HarveyWatch (TM), 9 points on 3-8 shooting against the Sacramento State Hornets. Ooh-wee.

8 shots? I mean is it just possible they threw a box and one on the guy with a double team in every part of the zone because they know he's the only guy who can beat them? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom