Any word on the chances of Joe D continuing to announce games? | The Boneyard

Any word on the chances of Joe D continuing to announce games?

Reaction Score
I may have missed it, but have there been any developments as to whether Joe D may continue announcing football and basketball in light of the move away from WTIC? Last night, WTIC had a compilation of highlights of the last 25 years or so that I heard was great!

It has been quiet about whether he may return(I guess there have been some other things going on in the last 2-3 weeks?) . Any updates?

Reaction Score
I may have missed it, but have there been any developments as to whether Joe D may continue announcing football and basketball in light of the move away from WTIC? Last night, WTIC had a compilation of highlights of the last 25 years or so that I heard was great!

It has been quiet about whether he may return(I guess there have been some other things going on in the last 2-3 weeks?) . Any updates?
The cynical mind might think that your reaction is exactly what Joe D was seeking. Maybe drum up some support with everyone reliving those great moments with him behind the mic. No doubt there were some great moments that he announced ...but not so many great announcing moments for him in the last few years. This is the perfect time for a transition with a couple new voices being brought in to help revitalize the fan base.

Reaction Score
The cynical mind might think that your reaction is exactly what Joe D was seeking. Maybe drum up some support with everyone reliving those great moments with him behind the mic. No doubt there were some great moments that he announced ...but not so many great announcing moments for him in the last few years. This is the perfect time for a transition with a couple new voices being brought in to help revitalize the fan base.

I am a sucker for nostalgia. Not really his fault though that the men's teams haven't really given him the opportunity to make some good calls as of late. I understand that others may have different opinions regarding Joe D broadcasting games. The truth is there are not many out there who are good at it to begin with.

Reaction Score
Joe D

Joe is done doing UConn games from what’s I’ve been told by someone in the know

Thanks for the head's up on the other thread. Too bad. I just worry about someone annoying like Spinarkle becoming the voice of Uconn!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Frankly I think the taint of doing a show with Gresh was too much to overcome.
joe-d-and-gresh-1.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Legit question- who do you think would be a good replacement? I only ask because I can't come up with any names.
I hear this guy is looking for work:
i

Actually Andy is more of a color than a play-by-play man.

Reaction Score
I used to be kind of indifferent to Joe D.
His catch phrases like "tricky dribbles" seemed kind of annoying. But over time the familiarity of his shtick provided a comfort of sorts. I am not heartbroken that he is all done, but unless someone new wows me, I will miss his calls a little bit, a la Arnold Dean.

Reaction Score
Another 2-3 star broadcaster. We can do better. Next.

The next guy who does it won't be paid what Joe D was being paid. Now, there is a chance that he or she will be better anyway, but that's not the way to bet it.

Reaction Score
It is OK to retire and make way for new people in the business. People that have to hang on clogging up the market while new workers need jobs really are annoying. Joe D has made plenty of money. Retire! Bob Joyce should get a place in the new team IMHO.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nothing is set in stone yet.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In Joe D's words via the Twitter..."Lots of moving parts" right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom