Any word on Erica McCall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any word on Erica McCall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...they have the scholarship available!!

What scholarship? Aren't they like 5 over the limit already? They already have NINE recruits lined up from the 2012 and 2013 classes. Why would she make it 10? I suppose you think Harper will go to UNC as well??????

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Oh, you mean you're a guy. What male from that time period didn't like Jeannie and (if younger), Marcia Brady?
I thought the age old question was - Jeannie or Mary Ann?

original.0
mary-ann.jpg

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I thought the age old question was - Jeannie or Mary Ann?

Barbara-Eden-as-Jeannie-i-dream-of-jeannie-6161331-450-597.jpg
mary-ann.jpg
Almost ALL guys are Mary Anns. As that woman wryly stated as she struck the pool ball in that commercial, "Ginger was a Bimbo." But Jeannie. That was tougher. I may have dreamt of Jeannie but I wanted to marry Mary Ann. I think of Marcia more like someone you would date until her nose swelled after a football hit it.

Reaction Score
Doggy Daddy, Let me rephrase myself. She never directly "said" but was rather "reported" to be head over heels and heavily looking at uconn. Many board members, if i do recall, were expecting her to commit to uconn. It was a surprise to everyone when she picked UNC. Same for McCall. She is heavily targeted for going to uconn or stanford, but could end up anywhere. All i'm saying is she expects to commit in october.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Greenwell.jpg
McCall STILL doesn't have any schools listed on Hoopgurlz, so maybe she's playing it close to the vest. With all of the pressure these young women face during visits, it's amazing that they wait as long as they do to verbal. And even then, very few renege on their verbals. I was hoping that Greenwell would verbal last weekend during her visit to Notre Dame, but she has more visits planned and I'm sure that Muffet respects that. Still, she looks mighty fine in that jersey! (She's the long-haired one on the right, I believe.)

Reaction Score
If what I have been told by a UNC insider is true, they do have the scholarships available, and Silvia Hatchell has not done any thing wrong. Once again thats IF? We are all in the dark to whats going on. Now I see why Nan is quick to lock threads. From the outside lookimg in, it does appear something is foul in Chapel Hill, but its not. Cant post the truth because my Carolina Insider happens to lurk our board ;(

Reaction Score
If what I have been told by a UNC insider is true, they do have the scholarships available, and Silvia Hatchell has not done any thing wrong. Once again thats IF? We are all in the dark to whats going on. Now I see why Nan is quick to lock threads. From the outside lookimg in, it does appear something is foul in Chapel Hill, but its not. Cant post the truth because my Carolina Insider happens to lurk our board ;(

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Doggy Daddy, Let me rephrase myself. She never directly "said" but was rather "reported" to be head over heels and heavily looking at uconn. Many board members, if i do recall, were expecting her to commit to uconn. It was a surprise to everyone when she picked UNC. Same for McCall. She is heavily targeted for going to uconn or stanford, but could end up anywhere. All i'm saying is she expects to commit in october.

So, what you meant to say was don't believe everything you read on a message board about recruits. Duh.....

There was really only ONE poster that said she was a close to a lock for UConn. And a few others that followed that line of thought.

But I'm pretty sure there were many more that were just waiting for her to make her decision.

You said a LOT more than just that she expects to commit in October.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
monty-python-shes-a-witch-burn-her.jpg
Ah, maybe it was Jeannie or Samantha?
No. She was just a witch (with a small nose). The whole witch thing was confirmed by noting that she weighed less than a duck, and floats, much like wood and very small rocks.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
..."Ginger was a Bimbo."...
Sure. What's your point?
(Ah, well I mean, .. this may be the character's raison d’etre. The professor seemed to address audience interest in banter on quantum mechanics, metaphysics), etc ).

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Sure. What's your point?
(Ah, well I mean, .. this may be the character's raison d’etre. The professor seemed to address audience interest in banter on quantum mechanics, metaphysics), etc ).
"Ginger was a Bimbo" was a quote from the Budweiser ad:

And as Nan pointed out, the followup question is Mary Ann vs. Jeannie.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
"Ginger was a Bimbo" was a quote from the Budweiser ad...
Thanks, FC!:)
Sorry. I don’t know. For some reason,I… I always overreact when I hear Bimbo criticism. :eek:

Bimbo.jpg

Reaction Score
So, what you meant to say was don't believe everything you read on a message board about recruits. Duh.....

There was really only ONE poster that said she was a close to a lock for UConn. And a few others that followed that line of thought.

But I'm pretty sure there were many more that were just waiting for her to make her decision.

You said a LOT more than just that she expects to commit in October.

Erica McCall tweeted she is expecting to commit in October. Glad that was cleared up, just trying to inform some people asking about information on her. Second, it is clear to everyone that she is a clear target of uconn or stanford. Third, she can end up anywhere. Its called SPECULATION, aka, what happens on recruiting boards. People SPECULATE about where recruits will go or where they like. A SPECULATION is that McCall COULD be waiting for an acceptance to stanford before committing in "october" according to her twitter, which could be as soon as tomorrow. Deshields was SPECULATED to be going to uconn, not just on this board, as there are many more websites out there. She went to UNC and that was quite a shock to some. Overall, sorry my wording isn't as precise as you would like it to be. What I said, Deshields was considered to like uconn, which people thought, McCall is expecting to commit in october, which she said herself.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw Bimbo soccer shirts all over Cancun. I figured it must have a different meaning. It's like Wonder Bread apparently.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I saw Bimbo soccer shirts all over Cancun. I figured it must have a different meaning. It's like Wonder Bread apparently.

Yes it is. Many people use "pan Bimbo" to describe a loaf of bread due to its overall popularity. It is used in a similar manner to how we use Coke, Kleenex or Vaseline. There may be better examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom