Any Update with B1G Hockey Expansion ?? | The Boneyard

Any Update with B1G Hockey Expansion ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shortly after Notre Dame was added, Delany stated that there were no other plans to expand with additional affiliate members. I haven't heard anything since.

Reaction Score
Shortly after Notre Dame was added, Delany stated that there were no other plans to expand with additional affiliate members. I haven't heard anything since.
education-teaching-slamming_doors-lesson-school-junior_school-junior_high-abr1216_low.jpg

pj

Reaction Score

UConn wouldn't go to B1G hockey unless it was an all sports deal, so Delany's comment is no surprise. There aren't any more affiliate candidates out there.

Reaction Score
UConn wouldn't go to B1G hockey unless it was an all sports deal, so Delany's comment is no surprise. There aren't any more affiliate candidates out there.
At the time Arizona State was still out there and all these internet gurus were claiming how much they had to offer the B1g. Blah, blah, blah.

Reaction Score
Well we wouldnt be affiliate obviously

Reaction Score
What do Johns Hopkins Lacrosse and Notre Dame Hockey have in common? They both have their own media rights deal for the sport they affiliate with in the B1G. JHU LAX - ESPNU. ND Hockey - NBC Sports Network. This means that the affiliate members keep 100% of their home game profits and the B1G full members keep 100% of their home game profits. The B1G also keeps 100% of the conference tournament media rights. The B1G provides no money to JHU or ND.

I don't know if their are any other schools in lacrosse or hockey that have their own exclusive deals like this for the B1G to even consider adding as an affiliate. So far, it seems that the B1G doesn't want money to exchange between the conference and affiliate members.

Reaction Score
What do Johns Hopkins Lacrosse and Notre Dame Hockey have in common? They both have their own media rights deal for the sport they affiliate with in the B1G. JHU LAX - ESPNU. ND Hockey - NBC Sports Network. This means that the affiliate members keep 100% of their home game profits and the B1G full members keep 100% of their home game profits. The B1G also keeps 100% of the conference tournament media rights. The B1G provides no money to JHU or ND.

I don't know if their are any other schools in lacrosse or hockey that have their own exclusive deals like this for the B1G to even consider adding as an affiliate. So far, it seems that the B1G doesn't want money to exchange between the conference and affiliate members.
Siouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If the B1G is looking for another affiliate member and they don't take UND they're downright stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom