Any surprises in the running game? | The Boneyard

Any surprises in the running game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
McCombs looked good at times and I saw a good run from Max and Martin. Otherwise the running game was non existent.

Reaction Score
DeLorenzo looked good out there even without the ball. Quick and physical. Whatever happened to Williams I don't know but it was a real disappointment to see him dinged up. Part of the reason I really wanted to be there today. Hope he's OK.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Only surprise was that I barely noticed it.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Maybe our DT's are beasts. Our interior run blocking was fair to nonexistent. Hyppolite is a between-the-tackles guy and that was pretty obvious whenever he tried to bounce outside - he just doesn't have enough shake or pure speed. I give Williams/DeLorenzo passes just because it looked like they had very little daylight. McCombs will be fine.

Reaction Score
In terms of the fullbacks, I was very impressed with osiecki. I think he is a little more nimble than Sherman and I think he will be a pretty reliable run blocker as the season goes on. When he got a full head of steam out of the flat, he was the juggernaut. We have had so much stability at that position (Sherman, Anderson) and I think it will be crucial again while these things get sorted out with the offensive line.

Running game was not the focus today which is fine (I think we know our depth and capabilities), but pass blocking may be a very important skill to add to any of these guys' repertoires.

Reaction Score
In terms of the fullbacks, I was very impressed with osiecki. I think he is a little more nimble than Sherman and I think he will be a pretty reliable run blocker as the season goes on. When he got a full head of steam out of the flat, he was the juggernaut. We have had so much stability at that position (Sherman, Anderson) and I think it will be crucial again while these things get sorted out with the offensive line.

Running game was not the focus today which is fine (I think we know our depth and capabilities), but pass blocking may be a very important skill to add to any of these guys' repertoires.

I wish we could combine Frank's blocking with Osiecki's pass catching. Frank showed stone hands today, but delivered some great blocks in the run game. Osiecki looked like a natural catching the ball, but needs more work blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom