Any reasonable flights CT to AZ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any reasonable flights CT to AZ?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Used to get better deals out of Providence for short notice trips like this
The more flexible you are with airports into/out of the areas you’re flying, the better deals you can find. I live in Charlotte, last year CLT-IAH was like $900+ one way and there was a random one way direct from AVL-IAH for $175 on the same day. Not hard to drive the 2 hours to AVL and save $800 in that scenario.

The other airports around PHX that can be useful for people in this scenario:

GCN (Grand Canyon National Airport)
FLG (Flagstaff)
TUS (Tucson)

Reaction Score
Disappointed dookies may have freed seats from the Tri State and nearby airports last night/this morning, but suspect not many “cheapest flights” remain available direct to PHX without arriving pre-Friday, departing days Wednesday onward, and/or lengthy layovers. Las Vegas, big Frontier layover hop. Alternative departure airports Stewart, PVD, BOS, Worcester, etc?

Reaction Score
I’m flying out of Bradley on United early Friday AM. It was the cheapest I found.

I’m doing the same thing I did last year, too superstitious. One way flight, will book a return Saturday night depending on what happens.

Can’t mess with the secret sauce.

Reaction Score
Amateurs, booked flights and stay weeks ago. Went through this in Houston and it was a nightmare.

Do not hold your breath on Avelo it was the same story last year and nothing happened. What I am mad about is the students are going to be priced out yet again, only reason why we had a terrible showing last year. They need to add some flights for sure otherwise students won't be able to make it.

Reaction Score
A user on UConn Twitter said he was able to get round trip flying to Phoenix with a layover in Vegas for $96. Anyone have a similar experience, I can't find any deal like this
Must of been an April fools joke

Reaction Score
I live under 15 minutes from the stadium and just waiting for ticket prices to come down. Sorry for you guys that need to fly out here.

Reaction Score
San Diego is an option, it's a bit longer drive than Las Vegas (straight shot on I-10, can do 85 mph the entire way)

Plenty of flights (non-stop) out of JFK and EWR (maybe Boston, I know Jet Blue flys that route), and rental cars in SD are fairly inexpensive. Could enjoy a day or two (or more) at the beach if you go out early or stay a while afterwards.
Long drive that my wife and I did 2 years ago, but it is doable and you will see some really unusual and interesting scenery. What I remember is the mapquest voice saying something that you would never hear said in the Northeast -- "go straight for 247 miles."

Reaction Score
The more flexible you are with airports into/out of the areas you’re flying, the better deals you can find. I live in Charlotte, last year CLT-IAH was like $900+ one way and there was a random one way direct from AVL-IAH for $175 on the same day. Not hard to drive the 2 hours to AVL and save $800 in that scenario.

The other airports around PHX that can be useful for people in this scenario:

GCN (Grand Canyon National Airport)
FLG (Flagstaff)
TUS (Tucson)
Phoenix / Mesa Gateway is a major airport thats closer . it has a longer runway than PHX and service's all the big Cargo Planes and Charters . , It was an Air Force base . However it has passenger service . From Allegent and Sun county airlines
They service a number of location as far east as
iOhio , Mich , Tenn . If you young and creative . I think it’s snowing in Flag today. and the Canyon is still snowed in.

Reaction Score
I’m flying out of Bradley on United early Friday AM. It was the cheapest I found.

I’m doing the same thing I did last year, too superstitious. One way flight, will book a return Saturday night depending on what happens.

Can’t mess with the secret sauce.
I did this in 2006 in Indianapolis. Didn't work out so well.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just checked NYC Area to Phoenix on JetBlue. No flights available

However, many options for Vegas. $ 600 RT. 300 miles to Phoenix. Like driving to DC

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

The guy gives a ton of tickets to his corporate sponsors, then they stiff arm him in the face when he asks for additional flights.

A real business savvy approach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom