Any post players heading our way? | The Boneyard

Any post players heading our way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I do not get to visit the Boneyard as often as I used to. With Dolson graduating I see UConn with having only three post players for next season in Tuck, Stokes and Stewart. The in coming class from what I have seen here seems to be most guard orientated. I believe that Wilson is still undecided but chances are good that she will stay in South Carolina. Dawn has done a great job as head coach there. Do we have any post players coming on the horizon that may have committed already or have UConn on their list of possibilities?

Reaction Score
In 2015, our best option for a traditional back-to-the-basket center is probably Kalani Brown, a highly ranked 6'4" kid from LA. Geno's had a home visit with her and she has an offer. We also have shared interest with 6'2" Katie Lou Samuelson, 6'2" Dejanae Boykin, and 6'2" Napheesa Collier all of whom are highly ranked but none of whom, but have varying degrees of comfort in the paint.

In 2016, we've heard rumblings of potential interest from a pair of 6'4" players (who prospects nation has as #1 and #2) Lauren Cox and Tori McCoy.

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
In 2014, our best option for a traditional back-to-the-basket center is probably Kalani Brown, a highly ranked 6'4" kid from LA. Geno's had a home visit with her and she has an offer. We also have shared interest with 6'2" Katie Lou Samuelson, 6'2" Dejanae Boykin, and 6'2" Napheesa Collier all of whom are highly ranked but none of whom, but have varying degrees of comfort in the paint.

In 2014, we've heard rumblings of potential interest from a pair of 6'4" players (who prospects nation has as #1 and #2) Lauren Cox and Tori McCoy.

ahem.

I believe that Katie Lou and Kalani are scheduled to graduate from high school in 2015 and Lauren and Tori in 2016. To preclude any misunderstanding, Kalani is from Louisiana, not Los Angeles; she may be taller than 6'4" (but measured by the same guy that measured Bria).

Reaction Score
2015 could shape up to be an outstanding recruiting class to follow an
outstanding 2014 class with or without A'ja Wilson. A 2015 center is
a priority. There should be lots of minutes for Kalani Brown if she decides
to come to Uconn.

Reaction Score
ahem.

I believe that Katie Lou and Kalani are scheduled to graduate from high school in 2015 and Lauren and Tori in 2016. To preclude any misunderstanding, Kalani is from Louisiana, not Los Angeles; she may be taller than 6'4" (but measured by the same guy that measured Bria).
Yeah, I don't know what was going on when I wrote 2014. Fixed.

Reaction Score
ahem.

That's good. They keep saying that Bria is 5'7". So maybe this girl is about 7'2".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Tina Charles will drop by before the WNBA season, but alas she has used up her eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom