Any news on Montrell Dobbs? | The Boneyard

Any news on Montrell Dobbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know he got declined by UConn admissions, flirted with Marshall, then committed to Temple. The Temple folks say that he isn't on their roster.

Did Temple get a waiver from the Big East to allow nonqualifiers?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he has to finsih school this semester there first before he can start fball stuff. he will be on the roster for the fall. not sure if he will play right away for rs in the fall....

Reaction Score
So Temple is allowed to circumvent BCS rules for partial qualifiers?

I never understood how that works?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
those kids from the 2012 class are gandfathered in as they went to temple before the move.

Reaction Score
So Temple is allowed to circumvent BCS rules for partial qualifiers?

I never understood how that works?

There are no BCS rules about partial qualifiers. It is a conference by conference decision. So it is quite possible that Temple negotiated to allow partial qualifiers who had already signed commitments to be allowed to play, rather than have to throw them out so Temple could join the Big East.

Reaction Score
Sounds good for him. While not getting to play at UConn, it looks like he (or his mom) we're smart enough to get a great oportunity.

Non-qualifiers are conference dependent. SEC allows them, with conditions. MAC does too. Big East and other BCS conferences don't allow them.

Reaction Score
He is enrolled at Temple, not on scholarship, paying his own tuition. Once he qualifies, which could be happen by the end of the Spring semester, he will be placed on full scholarship to play football. He was not allowed to participate in Spring practice or workout with the team. He could be available for the start of Fall practice if he qualifies.

Reaction Score
There are no BCS rules about partial qualifiers. It is a conference by conference decision. So it is quite possible that Temple negotiated to allow partial qualifiers who had already signed commitments to be allowed to play, rather than have to throw them out so Temple could join the Big East.

Thank you. This makes sense.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I am reading that there are no such thing as partial qualifiers - you either qualify or you're a non-qualifier, and the BE doesn't accept non-qualifiers. Not sure how accurate that is. If you're a non-qualifier, don't you have to sit?

Reaction Score
Nonqualifiers (if allowed by the school and conference), can still play, but have to sit a year and pay their own way. Normally, there's three years of eligibility left.

Reaction Score
That's correct. They can earn the fourth year back by graduating within 4 years of enrolling. Most FBS conferences don't allow partial qualifiers, except for the SEC. Those schools are allow by the conference to accept two partial qualifiers per year, I believe. They Alabama, LSU, and Auburn make a living off getting those kids. In most cases these are 4 and 5 star kids that fall through the cracks. They follow those kids through a prep or JUCO year, then bring them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom