Any Medical Updates? | The Boneyard

Any Medical Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has there been any news on Coach Geno? Is he out of the hospital? Any clarification of what's been wrong with him?

Does KLS need surgery? She was supposed to see the doc over a week ago to determine that.

Has anyone seen any news on the medical front?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Someone posted earlier that a local channel was reporting that Geno has the flu.
A few days back it was reported that Lou would not need surgery and had an appointment coming up with a doctor
to see how things were going. That appointment may have already happened?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Has there been any news on Coach Geno? Is he out of the hospital? Any clarification of what's been wrong with him?

Does KLS need surgery? She was supposed to see the doc over a week ago to determine that.

We can't get any specific news because neither the hospital nor UConn can release information without permission from Geno or Lou without violating HIPAA laws. Apparently permission hasn't been given. I hope anyone with "inside" information will respect Geno and Lou's privacy.

Reaction Score
Not trying to uncover any deeply personal information, or embarrassing facts. Not even close. Just hope they're doing better. Hope they're getting healthy. Just seems the sort of thing the university would tell fans and supporters about on a timely basis.

Reaction Score
Was on the news yesterday he was still in the hospital, nothing else...

Reaction Score
Not trying to uncover any deeply personal information, or embarrassing facts. Not even close. Just hope they're doing better. Hope they're getting healthy. Just seems the sort of thing the university would tell fans and supporters about on a timely basis.
It is not the university's decision.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

blame Geno ...:rolleyes: ... neither the U nor the Hospital can say anything unless/until he allows it. This may even extend to such seemingly innocuous info as "is Geno still at a patient at your Hospital?" but I'm not 100% sure.

Reaction Score
blame Geno ...:rolleyes: ... neither the U nor the Hospital can say anything unless/until he allows it. This may even extend to such seemingly innocuous info as "is Geno still at a patient at your Hospital?" but I'm not 100% sure.
Without an access code you can neither confirm or deny knowledge of said person.

HGN

Reaction Score

Local TV channel reports that he's down with the Flu bug..........The only thing that has beaten him this year. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As much as we all want updates from time to time, it appears that we'll have to bide our time and wait. Its been reported and understood that any news update/releases will be done only with his permission and at his descretion. Being admitted into a hospital, he will recover much faster than if he were any place else (home). While in the hospital, he'll be forced to rest, take his medications as perscribed by his doctors and allow his body to recover. Never the less, we ALL wish him well. Anything he was going to do will still be there when he's ready to resume his schedule.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yup, you can call and ask all you want... if that patient wants to be be "placed under HIPPA", the hospital will deny info to the end, they wouldn't care if Obama was on the other end.

Barack-Obama-on-phone-008.jpg

Reaction Score
yup, you can call and ask all you want... if that patient wants to be be "placed under HIPPA", the hospital will deny info to the end, they wouldn't care if Obama was on the other end.

Barack-Obama-on-phone-008.jpg
If Chuck Norris were on the other end, it would be a whoooooooole nuther' story.

Just remember.................the Boogeyman checks under HIS bed for Chuck Norris!!!

Reaction Score
If Chuck Norris were on the other end, it would be a whoooooooole nuther' story.

Just remember.......the Boogeyman checks under HIS bed for Chuck Norris!!!

But have to say that it is strange that the sports information director would be so terse in his remarks, declare that there will be no more updates, and beg for family privacy. For flu-like symptoms? Weird. And he was hospitalized for four days?

Just hope all is AOK.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Latest update on Geno - HIPPA approved - sanctioned by UCONN and in completely bad taste unapologetically stolen from "Quest for the Holy Grail"

Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead!
[A large man appears with Geno over his shoulder]
Large Man: Here's one.
Dead Collector: Nine pence.
Geno: I'm not dead.
Dead Collector: What?
Large Man: Nothing. [hands the collector his money] There's your nine pence.
Geno: I'm not dead!
Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man: Yes he is.
Geno: I'm not.
Dead Collector: He isn't.
Large Man: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
Geno: I'm getting better.
Large Man: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
Geno: I don't want to go on the cart.
Large Man:' Oh, don't be such a baby.
Dead Collector: I can't take him.
Geno: I feel fine.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.
Dead Collector: I can't.
Large Man: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Large Man: Well, when's your next round?
Dead Collector: Thursday.
Geno: I think I'll go for a walk.
Large Man: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
Geno: I feel happy. I feel happy.
[The collecter paces for an idea, then whacks the body with his club, solving the problem]
Large Man: Ah, thank you very much.
Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
Large Man: Right.

Reaction Score
But have to say that it is strange that the sports information director would be so terse in his remarks, declare that there will be no more updates, and beg for family privacy. For flu-like symptoms? Weird. And he was hospitalized for four days?

Just hope all is AOK.
As do I.

Reaction Score
I received update on Facebook, Napheesa in for surgery on torn labrum. Apparently played all year with it. Lots of PT from Rosemary to manage. Heres to a full and quick recovery.

Reaction Score
I received update on Facebook, Napheesa in for surgery on torn labrum. Apparently played all year with it. Lots of PT from Rosemary to manage. Heres to a full and quick recovery.
If only Rosemary was still part of the team.

Reaction Score

WHAAAAAATTTT!!!????? That is a serious injury! Why did no one know about this? That's going to take months. Did Tina Charles have something similar?

Uboy!!!

Wishing her all the best.

Reaction Score
If I remember from anatomy class it is fibrocartilage that helps hold the head of the femur or humerus in the socket.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
WHAAAAAATTTT!!!????? That is a serious injury! Why did no one know about this? That's going to take months. Did Tina Charles have something similar?

Uboy!!!

Wishing her all the best.
Indeed. A torn labrum is far more serious than a clean break of a bone. It's the type of injury that even when healed may impede motion for a year or so after. Also rehab cannot be rushed. Young players want to rush back to the field of play and that may not be in their best interest. I'm hoping she's a fast healer and listens to her therapist. Next season just got more interesting

Reaction Score
From her Facebook: (Don't know how to get pictures)

She tore her labrum before season started - with the help of Rosemary, the trainer, was able to manage the pain and make it through 'til the end. Today she gets it fixed! ⛹ if you know Napheesa Collier, you know her love for reading. Yes, that's a good thing MOST of the time - but the flip side is, she's now convinced she will be awake but paralyzed (so she won't be able to tell them she's not "really" asleep) causing her to feel all of the pain. she gets it from her Mama! Ha!

Back "home" (hotel for the weekend) with us. The doctor was FANTASTIC and said everything went well - bigger tear than what they thought- but he fixed the bone protrusion and repaired the labrum.
Thank you for the texts/calls/FB posts and messages!
Love to everyone. — with Napheesa Collier.

BTW it is the hip, which is probably a "better" place than shoulder.

Reaction Score
From her Facebook: (Don't know how to get pictures)

BTW it is the hip, which is probably a "better" place than shoulder.
[ I'm hoping she's a fast healer and listens to her therapist. Next season just got more interesting[/QUOTE]

I'm no doctor but I would think the shoulder is easier to deal with in the long run then the hip.............hopefully NC will have a quick and full recovery..................only adds to my concerns about the lack of depth on this team...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom