Anthony: Meet Tristen Newton, UConn men's basketball team's calm, quiet point guard | The Boneyard

Anthony: Meet Tristen Newton, UConn men's basketball team's calm, quiet point guard

Reaction Score
This article got me really excited to watch this kid play. The silent types are my favorite athletes to watch. Barry Sanders-like. Charismatic players are important, and they get the crowd going. But the silent assassins instill fear in the other team. They make a big play and act like it’s another day at the office. The other team things “oh God, he’s not done. What’s next?”

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Quite the yin and yang in terms of on court personalities with the two transfer pgs

Reaction Score
Good look into his family. I feel like it rarely gets mentioned but he's also cousins with Aaron Jones. Wonder if he'll make his way to a game, at the very least you think he'll go to the game at Marquette

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Seems like a nice, hardworking young man. Glad to have him on the team. I look forward to seeing him in action.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Perfectly describes the on-court demeanor and all-business approach I saw from Newton last night
Agreed. I felt better about my observations of him last night when I read Anthony describe him as "a personality, devoid of any flamboyance." I thought that a spark or something was lacking last night because I am used to more flamboyant point guards, but reading that it's an essential part of who he is, combined with the fact that he gets the job done, makes me more comfortable with him in this role.

Reaction Score
This article got me really excited to watch this kid play. The silent types are my favorite athletes to watch. Barry Sanders-like. Charismatic players are important, and they get the crowd going. But the silent assassins instill fear in the other team. They make a big play and act like it’s another day at the office. The other team things “oh God, he’s not done. What’s next?”
I have not read the article yet and I will. I know there is big expectations and a hullabaloo about Jordan Hawkins taking the next step and he very well might and I hope he does. There is a lot of talk about Sanogo and rightly so and I have seen many posts about Karaban and Clingan. But the guy I think that gets overlooked that I think can have a monster size impact this year is Newton.

I remember when the Huskies got him I was very pumped up. The big game he had against Christian Vital's Huskies in 2020 before the pandemic made quite an impression on me.

Reaction Score
Much respect to TN's dad for reaching the rank of Sergeant Major. That is a tremendous career accomplishment. Hope it runs in the family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom