Anthony: Adama Sanogo unsure if he will return to the UConn men's basketball team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anthony: Adama Sanogo unsure if he will return to the UConn men's basketball team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
he said as much after beating gonzaga. the tweet below was incorrectly labeled. if you listen carefully sanogo clearly says "two more [games], championship [singular], and i'm outta here." really really really hope he gets drafted second round, or goes pro elsewhere, rather than the third option.

Reaction Score
As for UConn’s starting center, Adama was the MVP of the Final Four. Hurley made his pitch for his big man’s immediate NBA candidacy from the podium on Monday, and while scouts are recognizing the gains in his offensive skill-set and solid lateral quickness for a player his size, there is still very little first-round buzz at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that the NCAA prohibits him from receiving NIL money. But that is a fact.
it's not a fact. Oscar T changed his visa type which enabled him to earn NIL money in america as a foreign player this past season. Sanogo could do the same next year if he's still on a college roster.

Reaction Score
I don’t know if he will have an nba career, but I think a team would take him the second round. He has so many great qualities as a player and person.

Reaction Score
He might actually do really well, as a multi-lingual player, in the Euro and other leagues.
My thoughts also. Sister is studying in France and French is one of his 4 languages. He could make a nice living in the French leagues if the NBA doesn’t work out.

Reaction Score
Unless he won't get drafted. He can be a free agent invite any year. Just being devil's advocate. He's going to really need feedback from teams. He'd be a below the rim player in an above the rim league.
My suspicion is the NBA is telling him he doesn’t project as someone who will succeed in The League, hence his ambivalence.

Reaction Score
Adama is in unique situation. He is ineligible for NIL due to his visa status

We've gotta stop with this myth. Foreign players can make money, it's just different. Tshiebwe made 3 million this year and isn't a US citizen. It's just a matter of setting up the deals in the home country, or in a country that doesn't have strict income rules for foreigners.

I'm guessing the Bahamas is one of those because it seems like all the foreign players are heading down there in their free time, including Sanogo.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Adama did come back, I think he would likely play a lot more next year next to Donovan.
Main reason being that he would likely be coming back to show off a PF skillset
I don’t think it’s that complicated. Start him at the 4, find him 10 minutes per game there, 15 at center. That’s 25 minutes for Don and Sanogo, adjust as needed depending on the game. We made the Whaley/Sanogo lineup work, there shouldn’t be any excuses.

Reaction Score
I would love to run this team back again, but Adama should start to cash in those checks. He will make a lot of money playing basketball wherever he ends up. I still think he has a shot at the NBA. He’s already shown he can improve extremely quickly and grow his game. No reason to think he can’t continue to do that at the next level

Reaction Score
He'll earn more money through NIL deals at UConn helping UConn repeat - the team will get 24x7 exposure - than getting stuck in the D-League or hustling on a team god knows where abroad. He should stay another year, develop and be a Top 5 NBA pick his last year.

Reaction Score
My suspicion is the NBA is telling him he doesn’t project as someone who will succeed in The League, hence his ambivalence.
Have you seen the video about Hasheem Thabeet on YouTube? I didn't realize he was the first and only lottery pick in history to get sent to the G League. There's a comment in the video where they said an NBA coach watched him practice for 5 minutes and said he wouldn't make it. Thabeet earned $16.5 million in the NBA and played overseas as well, so he should be set for life even though his NBA career didn't go as hoped. Even Andre Drummond has struggled in today's NBA game and he's a freak athlete.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s that complicated. Start him at the 4, find him 10 minutes per game there, 15 at center. That’s 25 minutes for Don and Sanogo, adjust as needed depending on the game. We made the Whaley/Sanogo lineup work, there shouldn’t be any excuses.
The Whaley/sanogo line up worked? They lost in the first round with that. The days of UConn playing a line up with a lack of shooters is over. They should never go back to that. The mold of the forward starting next to the big needs to be a Karaban type of player. One that can shoot, pass, put the ball on the floor, space the floor etc.

Reaction Score
Is he even eligible to receive NIL money? I thought I heard one of the guys on Field of 68 saying that international players aren't allowed to receive NIL $$$ for some reason. Is that right?
We've gotta stop with this myth. Foreign players can make money, it's just different. Tshiebwe made 3 million this year and isn't a US citizen. It's just a matter of setting up the deals in the home country, or in a country that doesn't have strict income rules for foreigners.

I'm guessing the Bahamas is one of those because it seems like all the foreign players are heading down there in their free time, including Sanogo.

Reaction Score
he said as much after beating gonzaga. the tweet below was incorrectly labeled. if you listen carefully sanogo clearly says "two more [games], championship [singular], and i'm outta here." really really really hope he gets drafted second round, or goes pro elsewhere, rather than the third option.

The third option worries me but I really don’t see how it makes any sense for him

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
If I’m Adama , why not come back and agree to play the four? it’ll add more diversity to your game-. You and clingan can be the best big man duo ever- work out an angle to get your NIL money for the year to take care of your family and next year you’ll have more of a 4 Man’s game added to your repertoire which will equal a higher draft pick. We repeat as national champs and you’re a god in ct. Sounds like a win-win across the board from my standpoint. The nba/euro leagues will always be there. Enjoy college now. you have from age 22 to 40 to play professionally- What’s the urgency ? What’s the negatives on staying ? Just my selfish perspective. Lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He can receive money if it's outside the US. UK set up a trip to the Bahamas for Tschiebwe and gave him his NIL money there. No reason UConn can't do the same.
They did. Sanogo and Johnson both went to the Bahamas for that reason. It's not the NCAA, it's the US Government. They don't have a Visa for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom